Trouble adjusting to the new reality...

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

OneMore
Warrior Chief

Re: Trouble adjusting to the new reality...

Post by OneMore »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote: I take your point about the "is".

But the construction of the sentence is wrong not the you're/your.

For example "Your exhortation of some deity is....."

To use exhorting dictates "You are (you're) exhorting some deity - and then you hit the is. I think it's a tidied sentence with "5Your exhortation of".

I shall now take my pedantry away from here and put it back in it's box! :lol:
Ha, yes. Pedantry.

I think "Your exhorting..." would work though. "Your exhortation..." would refer to this specific exhortation, whereas I think it's intended as a reference to the ACT of exhorting.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

bangorboy wrote:You are right when I see you and A N other poster playing some forum posting ping pong I generally skip down to read something else...
Of course I'm right. Everything after that was just wasting my time. :wink:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

OneMore wrote:
LastKnightoftheproms wrote: I take your point about the "is".

But the construction of the sentence is wrong not the you're/your.

For example "Your exhortation of some deity is....."

To use exhorting dictates "You are (you're) exhorting some deity - and then you hit the is. I think it's a tidied sentence with "5Your exhortation of".

I shall now take my pedantry away from here and put it back in it's box! :lol:
Ha, yes. Pedantry.

I think "Your exhorting..." would work though. "Your exhortation..." would refer to this specific exhortation, whereas I think it's intended as a reference to the ACT of exhorting.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I call you an idiot and the best you can manage in your campaign of harrassment :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: is "Your" should be "you are" or "you're".

I have to tell you I'm absolutely devastated, crushed, wounded & broken to the bone by your capacity to wound.

By the way sorry its taken a while to respond, first I was walking the dogs and then when I read your utter humiliation of me as a word-smith, I had to compose myself after almost breaking my ancient hole laughing at you.

Then I took another break so
tnfantasizing-death.jpg
tnfantasizing-death.jpg (16.75 KiB) Viewed 631 times
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
TheElephantMan
Steward

Post by TheElephantMan »

FOOK the reporter,lets do our talking and winning on the pitch. :blueafro:
OneMore
Warrior Chief

Post by OneMore »

BaggyTrousers wrote:...Then I took another break so
Sorry Baggy, even for you this represents a low point.

I'm not sure at what point posts such as this became acceptable on this board. Honestly, I don't know what to say.

Maybe back on topic - I think there definitely is a certain amount of separation between us and the southern press at the minute. If we continue our upward trajectory though, I think we'll naturally see a lot more coverage coming our way. As some have mentioned, whilst rugby is an all-island sport, the newspaper business isn't quite so, much as I wish it was.

Not that it'll stop our Ulster paranoia! Just because we're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get us!
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

I have to disagree. IMHO there is far more written and spoken about Ulster Rugby in the southern media than there is about the other provinces in our own papers and on our TV channels. I don't always like/agree with what they say or write but I have to give them some credit for taking an interest. It's surely reasonable for them to pander to their own readership and viewers and we can't really expect to get the same amount of coverage. Possibly the Irish Times is an exception because I think there is a fairly substantial readership in Ulster. I honestly don't think we have any grounds for complaint.
Bo***cks to Brexit
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

Sorry One, the other thing I meant to say is not to take Baggy too seriously; he's just stirring and I suspect the more people respond to his stirring, the more he enjoys the verbal mud-slinging. The only bad effect will be upon your own blood pressure. Let it wash over you or find a few picsults of your own to throw in his direction. Actually, no, that would probably make him worse. Think of him as a kind of Jack Russell with dentures - he's only giving you a nasty suck! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bo***cks to Brexit
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

OneMore wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:...Then I took another break so
Sorry Baggy, even for you this represents a low point.

I'm not sure at what point posts such as this became acceptable on this board. Honestly, I don't know what to say.
Yadda yadda yadda, I refer you to the wise words of Ronan Keating: "You say it best when you say nothing at all."

I thank you.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rocky wrote:Sorry One, the other thing I meant to say is not to take Baggy too seriously; he's just stirring and I suspect the more people respond to his stirring, the more he enjoys the verbal mud-slinging. The only bad effect will be upon your own blood pressure. Let it wash over you or find a few picsults of your own to throw in his direction. Actually, no, that would probably make him worse. Think of him as a kind of Jack Russell with dentures - he's only giving you a nasty suck! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sage advice Rockstar :wink: In all honesty its the ones with the poker firmly inserted in their fundament, bristling with moral rectitude & outrage and an empty gulf where their brain should be that I enjoy most.

Wicked I know, but us pensioners need a little hobby, can't spend all day broadening one's knowledge, walking the dogs, carousing with the missus & drinking fine wines & Black Bush or sleeping one off, whilst others work their wee socks off browsing t'internet at work.

With the number of work-shy scroungers logged on here all day when they should be working its no wonder the feckin' empire has fallen apart. Do they expect our pensions to pay for themselves FFS? Eh, eh?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
OneMore
Warrior Chief

Post by OneMore »

rocky wrote:Sorry One, the other thing I meant to say is not to take Baggy too seriously; he's just stirring and I suspect the more people respond to his stirring, the more he enjoys the verbal mud-slinging. The only bad effect will be upon your own blood pressure. Let it wash over you or find a few picsults of your own to throw in his direction. Actually, no, that would probably make him worse. Think of him as a kind of Jack Russell with dentures - he's only giving you a nasty suck! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Appreciate the sentiment. I think it's a waste though, the amount of space that's being taken up by personal abuse back and forth, and the alarming amount of it involving one person!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

OneMore wrote:
Appreciate the sentiment. I think it's a waste though, the amount of space that's being taken up by personal abuse back and forth, and the alarming amount of it involving one person! Really?
I'll let you have the last word............................. oops :roll:
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Ye see it worked that time. Nice and clear in red :thumleft:
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Baggy/One More et al (no, not you Big Al)

You only have another 48 hours or so to hijack this thread before D/L's word counter goes into overdrive again to start reviewing the pre and post match media coverage. I'll ALMOST be glad to get back to the world of conspiracy theories again :D
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Baggy's been at this for years - I think the title '...new reality...' is slightly misleading
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Post by darkside lightside »

Cornerfleg wrote:however it still fails to address that the facts show that in the professional era Munster have been a far stronger province than Ulster and as it took Leinster a few years of good results and winning stuff to be credited with their quality status Ulster have to do more than look decent to take their rightful place at the top table.
Fleg, his comment was not about Ulster/Munster during 'the professional era', it was about this season. And dispassionately, impartially, and entirely objectively, here is what the facts say (competitive matches):

Ulster P-6 W-6 L-0 F-168 A-78 TF-18 TA-6
Munster P-7 W-3 L-4 F-147 A-139 TF-15 TA-12
Last edited by darkside lightside on Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden