Stadium Redevelopment Photos 2012-2014

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Windeos
Warrior Chief

Re: Stadium Redevelopment Photos 2012-2014

Post by Windeos »

SDK wrote:Memorial and Aquinus stands to be handed over to Ulster Rugby on 5th August. New prom may not be available for the preseason friendly but will be available for the 1st Rabo home match.

Friendlies are Leicester away and Leinster at home.
That's strange playing a provincial rival during pre season. There must be more to it than meets the eye, is it something to do with the new stands being opened and Leinster being the 1st team we played or what is the reason for playing the :mexican: ??
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Want to beat them 4 times in 12 months
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

At a guess I'd say we need to 'ramp up' the numbers in the new stands for H&S signoffs. So maybe we'll host the mexicans in an attempt to get a sort of half/three quarter full Ravenhill in advance of the competitive season.
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

ColinM wrote:At a guess I'd say we need to 'ramp up' the numbers in the new stands for H&S signoffs. So maybe we'll host the mexicans in an attempt to get a sort of half/three quarter full Ravenhill in advance of the competitive season.

Whaaaat!

Crash test dummies. :D
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Was round today. One third off the roof of the grandstand, promenade ripped up and terrace ripped up.
cardoc
Novice

Post by cardoc »

HammerTime wrote:Was round today. One third off the roof of the grandstand, promenade ripped up and terrace ripped up.
Has the owl escaped and are we likely to see it on e-bay or donedeal soon? :roll:
Katrinka
Novice

Post by Katrinka »

Any photos?
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

silliwilli wrote:Was told by the contractor on site that they didn't expect the Aquinas end to be ready for the start of the season.
Haven't been near this thread for a wee while, but love the consternation that this has brought about - it's funny how we can argue and bicker over who's right and who's wrong on so many issues but everyone just accepts ONE piece of hearsay as gospel truth without even asking who "the so-called contractor" was ..... as in who was the person spoken to?

Was it Gilbert Ash in person ...... was it a foreman ..... was it a teaboy ..... was it some random person wearing a suit ..... was it someone's idea of a joke?

Not saying it isn't true, but just find it strange that someone who is privvy to such knowedge would talk to some random silliwilli that just walks in and asks.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
silliwilli
Novice

Post by silliwilli »

I wouldn't want to elaborate any further on a public message board.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

silliwilli wrote:I wouldn't want to elaborate any further on a public message board.
If you are engaged on the job, was it not unprofessional to even state what you did on a public message board?

Does that not give grounds for some to doubt you, or if it doesn't, should it?

As I said, I am not saying what you say isn't true, but it does seem to me that IF it is true, SOMEONE has probably breached some sort of confidentiality agreement that is almost certainly in place.
I'm not arguing -
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

silliwilli wrote:I wouldn't want to elaborate any further on a public message board.
You were very silliwilli to bring it up in the first place then.
silliwilli
Novice

Post by silliwilli »

I'm not directly involved and have not signed any such agreement. Was just passing on what I was told by someone working on site.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

silliwilli wrote:I'm not directly involved and have not signed any such agreement. Was just passing on what I was told by someone working on site.
Note that I never said you were involved, but that being the case, then there shouldn't be any problem on you elaborating on what you were told, and by whom .........if you know who it was.

"Someone working on site" doesn't exactly sound like "the contractor" to me.
I'm not arguing -
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

If it's not ready, the folk that have already forked out for tickets are likely to be a tad miffed.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:If it's not ready, the folk that have already forked out for tickets are likely to be a tad miffed.
More pressing matters Merv, will our common man's paradise, the terrace be properly reconstructed and will it allow easier access than having to push through between the surly goons who inhabit the margins of the terrace and appear testy - or testicles- when someone tries to reach the wide spaces in the centre of each section?

Answers on a postcard to Trousers Towers.

Meanwhile I am surprused to see a snap of multicolour - & many none too attractive - seats awaiting installation. I had expected to see red & white with a wee bit of black but it appears we have a job lot of colours clearly nobody else wanted, ugly, but then I suppose when the blunt end of an Ulsterman is parked in them it will hardly matter. Not aesthetically pleasing none the less.
uglyseats.JPG
uglyseats.JPG (105.27 KiB) Viewed 4599 times
Last edited by BaggyTrousers on Thu May 30, 2013 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.