Positives and negatives: Ulster V Castres

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

bazzaj

Re: Positives and negatives: Ulster V Castres

Post by bazzaj »

Lads, when you defend in a back line you defend from in to out.
Therefore as a 10 is inside the centre he is the one who dictactes the pace in which the back line comes up particularly off,first phase as if they do not come up as a line that is where gaps appear.
Therefore the 10 leads the line which I stated on my original post.

What you Russ and Fuzzy are saying I think is that other players may dictate the type of defence employed such as a blitz, one out, drift, last man or whatever as they see fit and that would be considered the backs defence leader.
I can understand your confusion and perhaps I should have been clearer with my inital post as I should have said line leader, instead of defence leader.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

bazzaj wrote:Lads, when you defend in a back line you defend from in to out.
Therefore as a 10 is inside the centre he is the one who dictactes the pace in which the back line comes up particularly off,first phase as if they do not come up as a line that is where gaps appear.
Therefore the 10 leads the line which I stated on my original post.

What you Russ and Fuzzy are saying I think is that other players may dictate the type of defence employed such as a blitz, one out, drift, last man or whatever as they see fit and that would be considered the backs defence leader.
I can understand your confusion and perhaps I should have been clearer with my inital post as I should have said line leader, instead of defence leader.
Still think Dazza would throw his latte at you
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

I would be sure to keep my mouth open.
I love a latte.
Tedanica
Novice

Post by Tedanica »

As much as I love Ruan it seems to me that he split his dummy and threw his toys out of the cot on Sat. He said he doesn't mind playing at 10 but he does. He was accused of being sulky while asked to play at 10 by Saffa fans before and seems rightly so.
I feel for Small Paul a bit as he didn't look happy after the game at all. When beagle was to renew his contract last year he had asked Ruan if he didn't mind playing at 10 from time to time and Ruan told him that he'd be okay. Well it seems that Ruan plays well at 10 only when there is no danger for him being moved there for longer. I know that's all is just my suspicion so don't jump on me for this post pls. :duck: And this is not about Paddy J. !
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Any news on Roger?

Ok, so scan today on the same hamstring previously injured. Nothing from UR yet.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Ruan came here to play 9, he was told he was here to play 9, and said that he'd only play 10 if absolutely needed. Seems like he's going to keep it that way.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Tedanica wrote:When beagle was to renew his contract last year he had asked Ruan if he didn't mind playing at 10 from time to time and Ruan told him that he'd be okay. Well it seems that Ruan plays well at 10 only when there is no danger for him being moved there for longer. I know that's all is just my suspicion so don't jump on me for this post
Why would anyone jump on you?

Just because you post the biggest load of crap, doesn't mean people will jump on you ... does it? :lol:

Because we all know that Paul would ask Ruan would he mind stepping aside "from time to time" - yeah right! The pair of them pick the team and tactics - nothing to do with the cowboy and his coaching team or anything? :roll:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Tedanica wrote:As much as I love Ruan it seems to me that he split his dummy and threw his toys out of the cot on Sat. He said he doesn't mind playing at 10 but he does. He was accused of being sulky while asked to play at 10 by Saffa fans before and seems rightly so.
I feel for Small Paul a bit as he didn't look happy after the game at all. When beagle was to renew his contract last year he had asked Ruan if he didn't mind playing at 10 from time to time and Ruan told him that he'd be okay. Well it seems that Ruan plays well at 10 only when there is no danger for him being moved there for longer. I know that's all is just my suspicion so don't jump on me for this post pls. :duck: And this is not about Paddy J. !
Sorry mate (& mods) but that really is a load of balls.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Wee Woman wrote:
Tedanica wrote:As much as I love Ruan it seems to me that he split his dummy and threw his toys out of the cot on Sat. He said he doesn't mind playing at 10 but he does. He was accused of being sulky while asked to play at 10 by Saffa fans before and seems rightly so.
Glad you didn't jump on him ...... but can you not hold back and tell him what you really think?
I'm not arguing -
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:
Glad you didn't jump on him ...... but can you not hold back and tell him what you really think?
You say crap, I say balls, what's the difference ;)
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

How about pure undiluted scour as a compromise?
Yoda
Initiate

Post by Yoda »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Tedanica wrote:When beagle was to renew his contract last year he had asked Ruan if he didn't mind playing at 10 from time to time and Ruan told him that he'd be okay. Well it seems that Ruan plays well at 10 only when there is no danger for him being moved there for longer. I know that's all is just my suspicion so don't jump on me for this post
Why would anyone jump on you?

Just because you post the biggest load of crap, doesn't mean people will jump on you ... does it? :lol:

Because we all know that Paul would ask Ruan would he mind stepping aside "from time to time" - yeah right! The pair of them pick the team and tactics - nothing to do with the cowboy and his coaching team or anything? :roll:
not to mention the ridiculous notion that Ruan played deliberately poorly because he was playing in a position he didn't want to be in!
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Wee Woman wrote:
I'd go as far as saying that is one of the wickest posts I've ever read on this forum.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Tedanica
Novice

Post by Tedanica »

[quote][not to mention the ridiculous notion that Ruan played deliberately poorly because he was playing in a position he didn't want to be in![quote="Cap'n Grumpy"]I didn't say that he played deliberately poorly. But when you have to do sth. that you don't buy into the result is usually not the best.
Anyway under massive attack >minigun >minigun it's time to hide out.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Tedanica wrote:
[not to mention the ridiculous notion that Ruan played deliberately poorly because he was playing in a position he didn't want to be in!
[b wrote:Cap'n Grumpy[/b]]I didn't say that he played deliberately poorly. But when you have to do sth. that you don't buy into the result is usually not the best.
Anyway under massive attack >minigun >minigun it's time to hide out.
yep - away ye go and hide - but before you go, I thought I'd point out that not only do you write complete tosh, but when you try to quote someone you got that totally wrong too ...... you managed to implicate my name into something that was nothing to do with me.

Oh, and your latest post made as much sense as the previous one .... NONE
I'm not arguing -