Sarries away it is then....

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Sarries away it is then....

Post by Rooster »

More lung busting as it is suited to a faster game which most AP sides don't play. The kickers had problems both off the tee and with long kicks down the pitch as ball was bouncing more and higher similar to playing a match at the end of the season in dry hard conditions. Heard from someone at it that stadium has poor atmosphere because sound goes goes up and out and the whole place had a sort of temporary feel about it, he is glad our match is in Twickers.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Rooster wrote:More lung busting as it is suited to a faster game which most AP sides don't play. The kickers had problems both off the tee and with long kicks down the pitch as ball was bouncing more and higher similar to playing a match at the end of the season in dry hard conditions. Heard from someone at it that stadium has poor atmosphere because sound goes goes up and out and the whole place had a sort of temporary feel about it, he is glad our match is in Twickers.

Sounds like they'll get a right bit of advantage out of playing on the surface on a regular basis .
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

stickinout wrote:
Rooster wrote:More lung busting as it is suited to a faster game which most AP sides don't play. The kickers had problems both off the tee and with long kicks down the pitch as ball was bouncing more and higher similar to playing a match at the end of the season in dry hard conditions. Heard from someone at it that stadium has poor atmosphere because sound goes goes up and out and the whole place had a sort of temporary feel about it, he is glad our match is in Twickers.

Sounds like they'll get a right bit of advantage out of playing on the surface on a regular basis .
Exactly - it has to be an advantage regardless of their style of play. Glad we're not playing them in a one-off knockout game after they've been training and playing on it for a couple of months.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Curiousity - anyone know the attendance at that game?
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Setanta wrote:Curiousity - anyone know the attendance at that game?
Sold out so just over 10k I think is capacity
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Rooster wrote:
Setanta wrote:Curiousity - anyone know the attendance at that game?
Sold out so just over 10k I think is capacity
I believe 9999 was the official figure.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall