Redevelopment meeting 7/2/13

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Redevelopment meeting 7/2/13

Post by BR »

Yoda wrote:

Why?
Tis the Ulster way!
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rovi Snave
Warrior

Post by Rovi Snave »

[/quote]Why? They are offering discounts to and looking after their own - I see no problem with that while the prices we are paying are comparable to what you'd pay in other big stadiums - many of the tickets are cheaper than what we paid for the final in the same stadium last year and comparable to what we'll probably pay if we make it to the Aviva for the semi[/quote]

Yoda - personally I don't disagree with anything you have said - but - others have asked why UR can't look after their own as well - UR get a cut of the revenues the same way as Saracens do (albeit less in total), so if Saracens can sacrifice a portion of their income to reward ST loyalty, why can't UR.

UR appear to have decided not to do this - that's their call and I respect it. :red:
Finished
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

I could be wrong here, but as this is Saracen's home fixture, they set the ticket price and UR are just acting as an agent on Saracen's behalf to sell the tickets.

So while UR could decide to discount the tickets to their ST owners, they may still have to pay Saracens the full value. That would mean UR actually loses money on each discounted ticket - it isn't a case of just forgoing some income.

The situation is different for Saracens as the home team discounting a ticket just means they get less money than they would have, and it is up to them to ensure that the overall ticket sales cover the costs of the QF.

After the event, money from ticket sales is divvied out based between the 2 teams based upon ERC rules (is this 70:30?)
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

... and if it's just their own ST holders ,it's only going to cost Sarries a couple of hundred quid :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

mikerob wrote:I could be wrong here, but as this is Saracen's home fixture, they set the ticket price and UR are just acting as an agent on Saracen's behalf to sell the tickets.

So while UR could decide to discount the tickets to their ST owners, they may still have to pay Saracens the full value. That would mean UR actually loses money on each discounted ticket - it isn't a case of just forgoing some income.

The situation is different for Saracens as the home team discounting a ticket just means they get less money than they would have, and it is up to them to ensure that the overall ticket sales cover the costs of the QF.

After the event, money from ticket sales is divvied out based between the 2 teams based upon ERC rules (is this 70:30?)
Think its 65:35 and does not allow for discounts so Sarries have to count the discounted tickets at full value for the ERC bean counters
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

What age qualifies as a 'kid'? I mean,(albeit on the terrace) we have cub stouts who would be appalled at the thought if being coralled in the alcho-free family enclosure behind the goals.

Which is another point - is this just the grandstand or will consessions be phased out everywhere except Aquinas end?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:What age qualifies as a 'kid'? I mean,(albeit on the terrace) we have cub stouts who would be appalled at the thought if being coralled in the alcho-free family enclosure behind the goals.

Which is another point - is this just the grandstand or will consessions be phased out everywhere except Aquinas end?
No still kids tickets for the terraces right round the pitch BR
Kid is Under 16 on 1st July before season starts
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Thanks Rooster.

What about other concessions? Any truth that they're making all those with 'senior' tickets stand in one corner nearest the bogs, so they don't trip us young spritely supporters up as they dawdle up and down the walk-ways?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Leather balls
Novice

Post by Leather balls »

I know you are joking but on a serious note the senior concession ticket nor cancelled Ulster Rugby think senior conessssion the way forward!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Leather balls wrote:I know you are joking but on a serious note the senior concession ticket nor cancelled Ulster Rugby think senior conessssion the way forward!
:scratch: you been on the >drink1 >happyparty
Rory Best
rosetintedgoggles
Novice

Post by rosetintedgoggles »

Detected a little bit of New Labour spin and subterfuge on Thursday night.

"You can have a seat nearest where you currently sit" . However Bronze goes, silver (by location) becomes bronze, gold becomes silver and platinum becomes gold -largely. So unless you are currently platinum in order to retain your "seat" be prepared to pay a shed load more dough! Not quite what was presented on the night!

Confidence trick me thinks!
GMAC
Initiate

Post by GMAC »

Just a quick request folks. If anyone found a translink metro pass at Thursday night's meeting could you pm me or hand it into the office at Ravers next time you are passing.

many thanks :red:
Post Tenebras Lux
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Update on kids in new stand options
Frequently asked questions
Q. My current 2012-13 season ticket falls into a new category in 2014-15, what does this mean?
As the grandstand is now made up of only platinum, gold and silver, your seat may fall into a new category. Your seat will still be relocated as close to your old seat as possible but in 2014-15 you will pay for the category where your seat falls.
Q. If I currently have a bronze season ticket, what are my options?
The new grandstand is split into platinum, gold and silver. If you would like to stay in your current position you can upgrade to a silver season ticket.
Q. Will I have the option to renew my current Aquinas car parking pass in 2013-14 and 2014-15?
Yes, you can renew your current Aquinas car park pass however there are no Aquinas parking passes for those who don’t currently have 1.
Q. I am unsure if I wish to relocate to the family or memorial end, when do I have to decide by?
You will need to decide on your 2013-13 relocation area before or during your phone call with the ticket office staff in March. This is to guarantee the best location of seats.
Q. I want to move to the grandstand eventually but option 2 seems more financially appealing, can I move to the grandstand if I take option 2?
There is no guarantee that you can relocate to the grandstand in 2014-15 if you take option 2 instead of option 1. Due to commitments to sponsors and contractual agreements the grandstand capacity will be slightly less. We advise anyone who would eventually want to buy a grandstand season ticket to avail of option 1.
Q. I would like to add on additional season tickets beside my own – how should I proceed?
If you wish to add a season ticket beside your own please complete the any other comments section of the form. To guarantee a seat in the grandstand in 2014-15 it is advisable that they should join you in 2013-14 in whichever area you chose.
Q. I would like to ensure my season ticket remains beside my friends who I currently sit beside, can you guarantee this?
Simply ensure that each of you fill in a form stating that you would like to be as close to your current location as possible and quote the names of those you wish to stay with. It would be helpful if 1 person in the group could collect the forms and return together.
Q. I definitely want to relocate to the grandstand and am taking up option 1, however I wish to change the location of my seat, how do I ensure I get the new seat I want?
Simply complete ‘any other comments’ stating where you would approximately like your 2014-15 seat to be located e.g. by category or higher or lower in the stand. This will be considered as part of a wish list and we will aim to meet your preferences before any seats are released, you will not lose the current position in your grandstand if your wish can’t be met. All your options will be made available to you
Q. I currently have a child grandstand season ticket, can you explain my options?
Following the information evening, grandstand season ticket holders expressed a strong concern that season tickets for children should be available in the new grandstand. We have taken this into account and have considered all opinions of those in the grandstand. It has been decided that season tickets will therefore be available for children in silver and gold areas only. There will be no child season tickets available in platinum. This is a result of some season ticket holders expressing a want for an adult only area.
Q. If I currently have a child season ticket in platinum what are my options?
You will be offered gold season tickets in the closest location to the platinum area.

Q. Can I see the plans for the family Aquinas and grandstand?
Yes, these will be made available to you in due course via email and online. You can also call to the ticket office at any time to view the plans.
Q. Please give me more information on the new stands so I can make my decision on my 2013-14 seats?
Family Stand: Seated Capacity = 2089, Terrace = 1340, Special Access = 22, Number of rows = 17
Other information: No alcohol to be consumed in the stand, concession stand for food and beverage located beside the stand, media box re-housed here for 2013-14, players tunnel based here for 2013-14
Memorial Stand: Seated Capacity = 2301, Terrace = 1388, Special Access = 32, Number of rows = 17
Other information: Houses the Kukri shop and 2 main bar areas with direct access to terracing and seats
Both areas will be covered and will have new washroom facilities as well as being lift accessible
Rory Best
Mac
Chancellor to the King

Post by Mac »

A modicom of common sense has prevailed............but still some
will be affected.

Info package was due to be sent out before 22nd as I recall?
Image Image
If You Have To Ask....You Don't Understand
Thelaw
Steward

Post by Thelaw »

Seems like a good compromise. Those paying the big money don't want the little angels spoiling their nights
Dura lex sed lex