Redevelopment meeting 7/2/13

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Leather balls
Novice

Redevelopment meeting 7/2/13

Post by Leather balls »

Just been to the consult the season ticket holders night at Ravenhill! Learned that Bronze Seating in grandstand GONE! Junior ticket in Grandstand GONE. So looked at layout for my son and me to sit in the same seats as at present in 2014-15 it means buying a Gold ticket (Silver only in dead ball area) cost more than double my present cost so it will cost me £756 for 2014-15. This is not what I had hoped!!!!! Voiced concerned over no junior tickets in Grandstand they said they will look at the issue if they get a response asking them to look at it again I would ask you to voice your concerns. I can see parents, existing Bronze and Silver ticket holders been very disappointed in Ulster Rugby's proposed seating options. On the family seating issue I need to say Ulster Rugby is providing family seating at the ends of ground.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Redevelopment meeting 7/2/13

Post by BR »

Doesn't sound good. I can see them wanting to encourage families to use the family stand, but at normal attendance levels, will moving punters behind the goals just mean empty spaces in the main stand.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
bangorboy
Steward

Post by bangorboy »

Leather balls wrote:Just been to the consult the season ticket holders night at Ravenhill! Learned that Bronze Seating in grandstand GONE! Junior ticket in Grandstand GONE. So looked at layout for my son and me to sit in the same seats as at present in 2014-15 it means buying a Gold ticket (Silver only in dead ball area) cost more than double my present cost so it will cost me £756 for 2014-15. This is not what I had hoped!!!!! Voiced concerned over no junior tickets in Grandstand they said they will look at the issue if they get a response asking them to look at it again I would ask you to voice your concerns. I can see parents, existing Bronze and Silver ticket holders been very disappointed in Ulster Rugby's proposed seating options. On the family seating issue I need to say Ulster Rugby is providing family seating at the ends of ground.
There was an ST holders night???

Thanks for letting me know UR
Nevin Spence - Forever an Ulsterman
Mac
Chancellor to the King

Post by Mac »

For the most the most what was proposed by UR was received well........except as stated regarding the child concessions.
From 14/15 these disappear thus anyone curently availing of them will be penalised. Something they obviously hadn't thought through properly. They are to revisit and come back to us on it. Of the approx 1900 season tkt holders in the current stand 104 are concessions. Proposed that at least for those currently in place (104) something would / should be worked out. The old stand currently seats 3056, this reduces to 2624 after redevelopment. Terrace 3570 and disabled 46 after redev....both increases.
Image Image
If You Have To Ask....You Don't Understand
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Some of the Gold seats will now be Platinum price as well, it splits it into 3 price levels now instead of 4 and as the ERC have to get an allocation for each it acxtually cuts the number of good seats they have to reserve, you will find most seats in end rows will be for sale on a match basis, it happens everywhere.

Price up yes then again it was far too cheap compared to other grounds, can't wait to get back into it :bounce:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Mac
Chancellor to the King

Post by Mac »

Rooster wrote:Price up yes then again it was far too cheap compared to other grounds, can't wait to get back into it :bounce:
Aye, we've seen your coup pictured here before so it looks as if the new stand is going to be a step up for ye Image I see your new bars will cater for 3800 also!

All told, when it's finished it will be a credit to the club >appl
Last edited by Mac on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

bangorboy wrote: There was an ST holders night???

It was only for those with an ST in the Old Stand if that helps.

Got to say that anyone who didn't see this coming when the "family area" was announced was probably being a tad naive. It's common that youth concessions are confined to the family stands where they exist and I'm pretty sure that this was raised and debated here at the time the family area was mooted.

I think it would be a fair gesture if UR extended the concessions already held for the life of the concession qualification, but it would be just that, a gesture, and I wouldn't bet on it happening.
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean
Yoda
Initiate

Post by Yoda »

bangorboy wrote: There was an ST holders night???

It was for Grandstand season ticketholders only to discuss the plans for next year when the old stand is demolished.

In summary there are 2 options for grandstand season ticket olders:

1) Commit to purchasing for next two years - benefits: first choice of seats in stands at acquinas or memorial end for next year and first choice of seats in new stand when built with commitment that seat in that stand will be as close as possible to that of current seat in old stand. Price for next year will be held at same level as paid for current year while price in new stand when opened will be discounted compared to that paid by new ticket holders purchasing in that year for the first time

2) Next year choose seat in acquinas or memorial end and pay the price set for those stands going forward. When new stand opens there is no guarantee that your current seat location will be held.

Acquinas end will be family stand, for families (obviously!), youth groups, BB outings, mini rugby teams etc. No bar in this stand and no alcohol can be brought into it

Memorial stand - same size at other end but plenty of bar facilities.

They announced that there will be no child concession prices in the new main stand (although this only came out after questioning). Its fair to say I think, that there was considerable strength of feeling against this. The whole tone of the evening was about the importance of season ticket holders, the revenue they generate and support they give the team and how the Club wanted to be loyal to them and while it was agreed that this was being achieved as best as possible for most ticket holders in the old stand, the children who currently sit there are being badly let down. Based on the rough price info they gave tonight I reckon their could be as much as a 80-100% price increase for some children's seats if they move to full adult price. This can't be acceptable and its not fair that the children, who in many cases are just as much loyal supporters as the rest of us are being told they'll have to accept an inferior (in some opinions) view of the pitch if their parents can't afford the new price.

I believe most present,both those with and without children felt this policy was simply wrong and unacceptable.

The panel were able to tell those present that there are only 104 children season ticket holders in the old stand. At a minimum it was suggested by the audience that a concession price could be offered to these existing children season ticket holders new children buying tickets in the stand would have to pay full price.

To be fair to UR, they agreed to go away and look at this issue with a response promised within 2 weeks.

There is a form to be completed and submitted to UR by all grandstand season ticket holders before the end of Feb with the preferences of seat location for next year. If you are completing this form, and whether you have children or not, please make a point of noting that you feel the current children season ticket holders should continue to benefit from concession prices.
Last edited by Yoda on Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mac
Chancellor to the King

Post by Mac »

AyeYerMa wrote: I think it would be a fair gesture if UR extended the concessions already held for the life of the concession qualification, but it would be just that, a gesture, and I wouldn't bet on it happening.
Would be some sort of a fair solution and still work for UR in the long term. Still a hefty price for those with kids who don't wish to sit behind the H.

Also.................it appears now we are to get our big TVs. :fleg: At least one for the beginning of next year...Memorial.
Aquinas to follow.

There is a slight diff in the capacity of the ends.
Family /Aquinas...........NO alcohol Seated 2089 / terrace 1340 / Dis 22
Memorial.........seated 2301 / terrace 1388 / Dis 32
Last edited by Mac on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
Image Image
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

Mac wrote:
AyeYerMa wrote: I think it would be a fair gesture if UR extended the concessions already held for the life of the concession qualification, but it would be just that, a gesture, and I wouldn't bet on it happening.
Would be some sort of a fair solution and still work for UR in the long term. Still a hefty price for those with
kids who don't wish to sit behind the H.
Judging by the numbers and divisions quoted there are people who'd rather not be behind who are going to be, regardless of whether or not they have youngsters.

I'm positive I recall someone on here getting a shellacking for suggesting they didn't want an exclusive family stand because this would the result.
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean
twiglet
Initiate

Post by twiglet »

It was said earlier that Ravenhill is far too cheap compared to other grounds. During the season I have been to :
Ospreys - £28.00 for a premium seat
Cardiff Blues - £15.00 standing on terrace at side of pitch
Dragons - £13.00 standing on terrace behind the goal
Scarlets - £15.00 standing on terrace at side of pitch.

It costs £17.00 to stand on the terrace at Ravers. Is Ravenhill far too cheap?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

twiglet wrote:It was said earlier that Ravenhill is far too cheap compared to other grounds. During the season I have been to :

All of these clubs suffer from weak demand and have to price accordingly.
Mac
Chancellor to the King

Post by Mac »

twiglet wrote:It was said earlier that Ravenhill is far too cheap compared to other grounds. During the season I have been to :

D4 prices.............
RDS.jpg
RDS.jpg (49.96 KiB) Viewed 2327 times
Image Image
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

Wasn't able to get tonight but the thought of being behind the posts doesn't enthuse me.

Was there any mention of the screens brought up? I for one would find it a bit easier to stick it out if they were in next season but always believed they would be the last fixtures added?
If someone can put me out of my misery!
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

:duh: Cancel my last just saw Mac's post!
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!