Who was your Ulster MOTM v Treviso?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Who was your Ulster MOTM v Treviso?

R Andrew
No votes
A Trimble
42%
D Cave
8%
S Olding
29%
M Allen
No votes
P Jackson
13%
R Pienaar
No votes
J Afoa
No votes
R Herring
No votes
D Fitzpatrick
No votes
L Stevenson
No votes
D Tuohy
No votes
I Henderson
6%
M McComish
No votes
R Diack
No votes
N Brady
No votes
C Black
No votes
R Lutton
No votes
N McComb
No votes
A Birch
2%
P Marshall
No votes
N O’Connor
No votes
C Cochrane.
No votes

Total votes: 48

Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Re: Who was your Ulster MOTM v Treviso?

Post by Wee Woman »

Amiga500 wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:Is anyone else sick listening to Ryan Constable bigging up his players on the BBC?

Ryan is a good guy, a gentleman, but he has a conflict of interest and always falls on the Cornerflag side. Honest analysis cannot happen when you have a pundit who is also an agent.

Indeed - by rights the Beeb should use Bryn Cunningham rather than Ryan Constable.
Bryn is also a Cornerflag employee / partner.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Wee Woman wrote:I personally think the MOTM should have been from the opposition tonight.

Although I reckon Olding & Henderson should have got the award ahead of Jacko.

Spot on WW ... Hendo, Olding, AAT and BBJ showed up, Jacko put in a very good performance considering the pressure on him - others did not. I know we've injuries, I know the Ireland joke is killing us but some players are just going to have to be identified as not good enough, and we've simply got to stop giving bye balls to them or realise we're going to lose to sarries and miss the play offs.

I don't like slagging players or looking like I'm slagging players, they try and their commitment is not an issue - but their skills are - some questions have to be asked - if they're not allowed to be asked then were almost Welsh in myopic blindness.

1 Can Ricky Andrew actually pass the ball????? Also can he learn to run a trailing line instead of a predictibale join the line somewhere line. If the answer is no to those two questions then .... pray for Payne to get well soon. You need a 15 who can attack to score these days.

2 The McComish experiment - how much longer do we have to see him at 7 surely it's time to let someone else try, they can't be much worse, feck sake I couldn't be much worse. (I see Ali Birch got a vote for not being Smickers)

3 Robbie Diack - can he actually get over the gain line? Hendo can, - until we get a back row with some purpose, idea or aggression we're well and truly fecked ...

4 What am I missing in Ghostie? Cos I'm struggling for positives here.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

Wee Woman wrote:Bryn is also a Cornerflag employee / partner.
Ah. Then they shouldn't have BC on either!

If McGlock isn't involved on match days, he'd be the perfect man for the job.
Hans Indaruck
Squire

Post by Hans Indaruck »

scrum5 wrote:Stuart Olding or Andrew Trimble, Henderson also had a good game barr 10 minutes
Can't help feeling that Jacko's MOTM was a sympathy vote.....

Though I agree with WW, Brendan Williams or Dean Budd (3 tries scored) should have got it.
D4 probably insisted that PJ got MOTM :stir: The insistance on kicking when we should have gone to the corner did influence the outcome - can't help but feel that D4 influenced that too - being told to kick at every given opportunity?!
Hope is not a strategy.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Cornerfleg wrote:1 Can Ricky Andrew actually pass the ball????? Also can he learn to run a trailing line instead of a predictibale join the line somewhere line. If the answer is no to those two questions then .... pray for Payne to get well soon. You need a 15 who can attack to score these days.

2 The McComish experiment - how much longer do we have to see him at 7 surely it's time to let someone else try, they can't be much worse, feck sake I couldn't be much worse. (I see Ali Birch got a vote for not being Smickers)

3 Robbie Diack - can he actually get over the gain line? Hendo can, - until we get a back row with some purpose, idea or aggression we're well and truly fecked ...

4 What am I missing in Ghostie? Cos I'm struggling for positives here.
1. He always joins the line one before the winger. If he passes it out the winger is bundled into touch, unless he throws a switch. It's unfair saying he can't pass because he shouldn't really.

2. Agree. McComish is not Pro12 standard and I feel we should start looking at alternatives instead of playing him week in week out.

3. Diack was doing a lot of good ball carrying but has now sort of faded away. Definitely bettered by Henderson last night which is disappointing. He's definitely not an 8.

4. Ghostie?
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Cheers ruck - I was expecting a court marshall and calls for my nads on toast ... instead I get a good reply.

I feel with where Ricky joins he's already drifting and therefore nulifies having a winger in the line ... I know Payne is of a different class altogether but he hits unusual angles, doesn't eat up space and can pass. When he was playing our wingers have more space and the press and drift defence can be exposed.

Ghostie is Cochrane ... and the '?' was as good an answer as I've had.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Fickle fickle fickle and even more fickle, :roll:
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Tempted to vote for Darren but went for Andy, put everything into that and was the most gutted man in the ground at the end, looked close to tears.

Fleg and others, I hear Smicomish is off to pastures new for a 2 year contract when only offered 1 year here time will tell on that one.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Kofi Annan wrote:Fickle fickle fickle and even more fickle, :roll:

And no longer top of the league ...
caledoniancelt
Initiate

Post by caledoniancelt »

Snipe Watson wrote:Is anyone else sick listening to Ryan Constable bigging up his players on the BBC?

Ryan is a good guy, a gentleman, but he has a conflict of interest and always falls on the Cornerflag side. Honest analysis cannot happen when you have a pundit who is also an agent.

Yeah Snipe agree totally with you on that :thumleft:
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

Cochrane is a good player but he wasn't helped by Andrew giving him no space. When Cochrane plays with a full back like Payne then he's more of a threat.

Also Fleg I think you're being a little bit harsh on Diack, he has been fantastic at times this season and had a good first half, everyone has bad games. I also heard that he was down for two or three of the Ireland training camps, whether or not that's true or not remains to be seen but if it is surely that days something about his form.
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Ricky Andrew probably is 3rd choice fullback, if he could pass more and kick better he 'll do fine, has youth on his side, in my opinion Peter Nelson is the better of the two.

Smick is an honest pro but the gulf between him and Henry/Williams/Wilson/Ferris/Henderson is huge and he doesn't have youth on his side, would invest the time in developing Neil Faloon, Conor Joyce and Sean O'Connell.

Robbie Diack cracking squad player.

Olding already looks class, would like to see him kick before I decide if he's a 10 or 12.

Ghostie, bit lightweight in the tackle, maybe needs to go to the Championship for a season or 2, play regularly and fill out, he ain't going to make it at the moment with Andy, Tommy, Craig, Michael Allen and possibly Scholes, Nelson and Ricky Andrew in the academy.
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Ricky Andrew has a good heart and courage but needs to leave his runs later into the line as his timing is too early and readable at the minute.
As a result he just adds no extra pace or impetus to the line as he just recieves the ball flat.
Young players do tend to not leave their run late as it takes confidence and experience to leave your run timing late especially from 15, as there is a fear of not making it.
He should be watching old tapes of Christain Cullen or John Gallagher who were masters of it.
Definately a work in progress at the minute.
Last edited by bazzaj on Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Is this not the last year hat Andrew and Cochrane can be in the Academy?

With the options we have at 10 and 12 when everyone is fit, I could see Olding play a fair bit at fullback like Madigan and Keatley
TheElephantMan
Steward

Post by TheElephantMan »

Andrew Trimble...... cannot fault the guy.Awesome once again.