One F

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: One F

Post by Snipe Watson »

shamalicious wrote:I personally would be devastated if he left. This is why: http://youtu.be/nBPsBUAQO2k :red:
Shammy, highlights films mean nothing, but we are talking about a player of awesome talent, power and aggression. No ordinary Joe........or Stevie..............
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

Shammy, you should email that video to eddie.wigglesworth@irfu.ie or whatever.
Bo***cks to Brexit
Loki
Warrior Assassin

Post by Loki »

that's an immense video. terrible music though!
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Not my video, but as far as player compilations go, thought it was pretty good.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

You could probably fill half an hour of 1Fs big hits and carries, but getting all nostalgic now for me the biggest games for Ulster from Stevie are the game at home against Bath in the HEC about 3 yrs ago where he made 12 line breaks, and of course the Munster QF in Limerick last year which was a more all round performance with less of the barnstorming carries that tend to end up on these videos.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

shamalicious wrote:Not my video, but as far as player compilations go, thought it was pretty good.
Pretty good, crap music though and he mostly swiped the videos I did to make it !
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

ColinM wrote:You could probably fill half an hour of 1Fs big hits and carries, but getting all nostalgic now for me the biggest games for Ulster from Stevie are the game at home against Bath in the HEC about 3 yrs ago where he made 12 line breaks, and of course the Munster QF in Limerick last year which was a more all round performance with less of the barnstorming carries that tend to end up on these videos.
Thomand was Fez's best performance in an Ulster jersey imo. We were in awe and rapture beheind the posts, as he cut them down like Blair Mayne and the Nazi's... the red horde never stood a chance. >minigun
If there's one victory that was sweetest, it was that one, and Fez was instrumental in killing them stone dead at every gain line. One word- ferocious. Once he nailed POC early doors, it was game on.. Never got the credit for it in the Southern toilet paper rags... Munster lost it rather than Ulster winning well.. Ruan and Belfast Boks, blah, blah, wah, wah wah.... Strangely, CH, Fez, Gillers did contribute minor cameos.. :duh: :red: :fleg:

Tbh, I was in tears at the end.. never did a victory mean so much....and wouldnt have been without SF.
Exterminate all rational thought
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Rooster wrote:
shamalicious wrote:Not my video, but as far as player compilations go, thought it was pretty good.
Pretty good, crap music though and he mostly swiped the videos I did to make it !
You should put that guy's video to shame with a compilation of your own ;-)
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

shamalicious wrote:
Rooster wrote:
You should put that guy's video to shame with a compilation of your own ;-)
Nah they take too much time digging out the stuff, you find most of those are done by people who piece together other bits already done by someone else hence the video quality drops each time it is compressed again, then if you add music the music police hit you and you get a restriction on length of each video and you can no longer do full matches or can only do them poor quality.
Fez though is one of the easier ones to do as there is not a lot of video of him in matches, he had a knack of playing in a few non televised ones.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Nightsoil
Warrior

Post by Nightsoil »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:
Tbh, I was in tears at the end.. never did a victory mean so much....and wouldnt have been without SF.
Not at all. While we're being nostalgic, found this quote...
cardoc wrote:Comming out of the stadium after the match I heard a disgruntled Munster fan say "That big fecker Ferris was bluffing he never hurt his ankle at all" :lol: :lol:
Unbelievable warrior.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

This is turning into a requiem for 1F. He hasn’t died, retired or left. In all likelihood the Japan thing is a load of kack made up by Constable Ryan as a ruse.
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

Agreed, Snipe. Certainly hope he'll be here next season.
Bo***cks to Brexit
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Snipe Watson wrote:This is turning into a requiem for 1F. He hasn’t died, retired or left. In all likelihood the Japan thing is a load of kack made up by Constable Ryan as a ruse.
In a roundabout way Mulligan sort of says that in the article he published and by reading it he looks like possibly the only one who has actually been talking to Fez.
Rory Best
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

I've already aired my views previous on this thread and still believe it is a bartering tool being used by agents, if Ferris passes his medical and I don't see any reason why he shouldn't as this is a new injury which happens in a contact sport. The IRFU would be totally daft (yes i know) not to renew Stevie's contract...moving to Japan rather than France or England would effectively end his international career as he would not be available for internationals unlike Sexton who is a free one for the IRFU. i can't see the IRFU taking that big a gamble....
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

As good as he is, I want Ferris to go to Japan for a year and then come back. I'd rather we were without him for one year then he came back better, than we kept in this rut of only having him for five or six games a year. Short term pain long term gain in my opinion. We have decent enough cover for him for one year with Henderson and Diack.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.