Ulster vs Leinster friendly?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Ulster vs Leinster friendly?

Post by AyeYerMa »

So far half a dozen people have told me what I can do to mitigate their incompetence and none of them have thought to apologise.

So, yes, martyrdom or cutting of my nose to spite my face or whatever you want to call it. But I'm not going a foot out of my way to do someone elses' job for them.
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

AyeYerMa wrote:So far half a dozen people have told me what I can do to mitigate their incompetence and none of them have thought to apologise.

So, yes, martyrdom or cutting of my nose to spite my face or whatever you want to call it. But I'm not going a foot out of my way to do someone elses' job for them.
Thing is have you been contacting Ulster or Ticketmaster ?
Ticketing contracted out so probably not a lot girls in office can do about the contractor not sending the tickets out, it appears similar most seasons in Leinster if you read their forum.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

With the added complication that, some of us ordered on the old system and then these were passed to TM to complete the order.

BTW - did anyone pay for their ST to be posted out this year?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:With the added complication that, some of us ordered on the old system and then these were passed to TM to complete the order.

No idea if I paid postage but they were posted
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Rooster wrote:
BR wrote:With the added complication that, some of us ordered on the old system and then these were passed to TM to complete the order.

No idea if I paid postage but they were posted
Pretty sure I paid £1.50 service fee + a further £1 for the postage.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

Rooster wrote:
AyeYerMa wrote:So far half a dozen people have told me what I can do to mitigate their incompetence and none of them have thought to apologise.

Thing is have you been contacting Ulster or Ticketmaster ?
Ticketing contracted out so probably not a lot girls in office can do about the contractor not sending the tickets out, it appears similar most seasons in Leinster if you read their forum.
I've spoken to people from both establishments.
And honestly, it's been the attitude displayed by both that has galled me more than the actual lack of a ticket that was paid for three months ago.

If you "done goofed" as our cousins say, or if someone you've contracted goofs on your behalf, the place to start when you're hauled up on it is with an apology. Not with a set of instructions on what steps I can take to actually get the service I've already paid for. (and Bring photo ID)

I'm supposed to be on holidays at the mo and hadn't thought I'd get to it anyway (added irony for the fact that I thought I would get to the Leicester game) so I'm probably not as concerned as I might be about missing it.

I am mightily cheesed off with the whole operation though...

Edit:- Yes. I paid for postage. I'm petty enough to ask for it back too.
Edit Edit:- I think the old/new system probably applies to me also, but really that's not my concern either. SWMBO asked yesterday whether I would have accepted if I'd been offered a full refund, and yesterday... I would have. Calmed down a little this morning.
Last edited by AyeYerMa on Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Mine was posted too (I presume by TM). but when I ordered (thru UR) I didn't pay for postage (recently I have always elected to pick-up at Ravenhill rather than have to drive down to Portydown to pick up my recorded delivery). I just wondered if UR had charged folk this year for the service that TM supplied anyway for 'nothing'.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
mea97mb
Squire

Post by mea97mb »

big mervyn wrote:
Dublin4 wrote:I have to say that the bulk of the interest down here is in Jonny's head to head (er should that be tete a tete?) with Wilko in the top 14 tonight live on TV.
Thanks for the reminder D4. I'll set the V+ and watch that when I get back. :thumleft:
What channel is this on tonight? Had a look at the Sky planner but could not find it.
nelto
Novice

Post by nelto »

I think its on ESPN
mea97mb
Squire

Post by mea97mb »

nelto wrote:I think its on ESPN
cheers, found it now :cheers:
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

I'm hearing it will be a DRY Ravenhill tonight!
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

browner wrote:I'm hearing it will be a DRY Ravenhill tonight!
Seriously?
Hadn't great hopes for the new mob it must be said but that seems a rather spectacular fail.

I'm currently wondering if my inability to log into my ticketmaster account is a coincidence...
Thelaw
Steward

Post by Thelaw »

I knew there was no way that bar was going to be finished on time. Now I have to suffer on the wrong side of the pitch Sober!! >jawdrop

Anyway im just hoping to see a half decent game - and that a few of the lads like Scholes put their hands up - and that Luke doesnt end up wondering where he is again!
Dura lex sed lex
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

AyeYerMa wrote:
browner wrote:I'm hearing it will be a DRY Ravenhill tonight!
Seriously?
Hadn't great hopes for the new mob it must be said but that seems a rather spectacular fail.

I'm currently wondering if my inability to log into my ticketmaster account is a coincidence...
Works in Internet Explorer and not Firefox
Rory Best
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

Ahh that's going to be interesting... I don't "do" Internet Exploder. It was working before I'm sure.

I should also point out that publicly that my gripe with tickets has been resolved entirely to my satisfaction. Good work U.R.