Contract news.

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Contract news.

Post by browner »

Contracts News: Ferris and Maguire Sign Contracts
Ulster Rugby has completed the signing of two players ahead of next season, with contracts returned from young gun Stephen Ferris and new signing Mike Maguire.

New signing Mike Maguire will join Ulster on a 2 year deal
Stephen Ferris in action against Glasgow.

Ferris, who made his Ulster debut last October against the Borders and who is still aged just 20 years old and eligible to play for the Irish U21 side in this summer’s Rugby World Cup has signed a two year deal, moving from a development contract to a full contract with the senior squad.

Irish qualified New Zealander Mike Maguire (aged 24) will come to Ravenhill from Otago, where he has played NPC Rugby, and from premiership side Worcester Warriors, who he joined in December on a six month contract.

Stephen Ferris
DOB: 02.08.85
Ht: 1.93m
Wt: 110kg

Mike Maguire
DOB: 17.01.82
Position: Wing
Ht: 1.84m
Wt: 94kg
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Good man Stephen, no surprise with that one :D
Another winger, could this mean Maggs hanging up the boots Trimby moving full time to centre or is he just to replace Tyrone :?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Anyone heard much of Mike Maguire?
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Jackie Brown wrote:Anyone heard much of Mike Maguire?
Evidently someone in the IRFU has :? either that or he has a good agent :shock:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

Maggs will go, Trimby is already moving on to a full deal. No surprise Stephen got a full deal, that is Feather gone, Waste of space this year anyway. Maguire can play centre two which gives us three now for next year, Cave will get a development deal, so 4 more than likely.

Guys Steeno is gone. Bester has got him at Rotherham:

http://www.rotherhamrugby.co.uk/

I presume this meant Gareth wouldn't get a contract with Ulster at any level. best of luck to him was never rated by the UB and I hope he returns some day.
jamesie
Lord Chancellor

Post by jamesie »

Rooster wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:Anyone heard much of Mike Maguire?
Evidently someone in the IRFU has :? either that or he has a good agent :shock:
found this on the dark side...never heard of him though :shock:
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

He better bring a good cushion because he will be on the bench or in the stand with Trimby and Steiner. The fact he hasn't played Super 12 and has only made 1 start for Worcester and isn't in their panel for this Saturday would make me think he won't be up to it.
jamesie
Lord Chancellor

Post by jamesie »

yeah, i know... wing from otago that's about it :shock:

sixth month contract with the worcestor warriors :roll: didn't we sign thon pfister from the warriors? ...not a great omen :?

i'm expecting a massive signing at 10 in the offing :?
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Joined Worcester in December 05 and as reported on BBC at time "We are delighted that Mike is joining us. He is a quality player who will greatly increase the competition for places among our outside backs," said Warriors director of rugby John Brain.

He went there as Worcester moved quickly to fill the gap left by the retirement of Ben Hinshelwood and has obviously doen enough in that time to warrant a 2 year contract with us. Not sure whether he played any games for them and it appears he may have played one durring 205 for the Otago NPC side. Prior to that he appears to have come through their Academy system.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Hey Jamesie they swiped that picture from Planet Rugby :shock: :lol: Take a look here
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

cjp wrote:He better bring a good cushion because he will be on the bench or in the stand with Trimby and Steiner. The fact he hasn't played Super 12 and has only made 1 start for Worcester and isn't in their panel for this Saturday would make me think he won't be up to it.
Trimby can lend him his Irish cushion :lol:
Rory Best
jamesie
Lord Chancellor

Post by jamesie »

how many times have we signed fecking unknown but promising players in the past couple of seasons, only to be damp squibs!?!?!

i.e. andy 'never on-air' kershaw!!! :evil:

has anyone found kershaw yet? :shock:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

jamesie wrote:
has anyone found kershaw yet? :shock:
Stopped looking about a year ago :roll:
Rory Best
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

I would expect a southern Hemisphere signing, Rod Moore free's up an overseas place and as much as I hate him mairs said Decky is getting his deal.
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

Right if you want a Southern hemisphere fly half here are the only likely options I can find:

Shaun Berne - Waratahs (Irish Qualified)
Elton Flatley - reds
Larkham - brumbies
Tony Brown - Stomers (Thought he had retired years ago)

No other guys of the age to move really. McCall may also opt to get another year out of Humph which would give him a years breathing space to find a replacement. Of course at the end of that year hopefully Dumb and Dumber won't have contracts renewed and will be away anyway. Larkin as back up to Humph for a year with A.N.Other, if PW goes (I hope so) and then find a replacement Manning (Will be Irish Qualified).

Or else just remembered Paul Warwick from Connacht would be a super signing.