The Leicester View

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Thelaw
Steward

Re: The Leicester View

Post by Thelaw »

Popped onto the leicester forums to have a look. And yes apparently tonight was a result and they are now in pole position to win the group. Strangely we also won because the ref was biased. And I thought we won. Strange that. Must be our uncompetitive league leads me to think that winning and four points is better
Than losing and one point. Silly me. Seriously take a look. They make
MF look sensible
Dura lex sed lex
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

It isn't the most ridiculous thing in the world to think getting a LBP away to one of your main rivals is a positive thing and a sign that you may be in the driving seat. However in this case Leicester were quite fortunate to get it. With the amount of possession Ulster had normally one would have expected a clear cut victory. Ulster played well and had the measure of Leicester through the game everywhere bar the scrum. However Ulster's back 3 did not fire and ultimately that probably meant the difference between a 20 point victory and a 6 point victory. Payne was OK without ever really doing anything, Trimble was not really there at all and one could easily think it was a double playing in his place and Bowe, while still being the best of the three, needs more gametime. Of course he scored a very nice try but on a number of occasions he ended up coming into the line at the wrong time or taking the wrong options which can only be put down to rustiness given his level of ability.

It is unlikely we'll see a similar performance from them again this season and that along with the return of Afoa and possibly Ferris will make Ulster more formidable. Of course Leicester will almost certainly improve too but maybe not enough.

Oh and I thought Paddy Jackson played very well. Something I am really pleased about. He's a good player. A few more games like that and his confidence will build up nicely to help him progress again this season.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

In fairness, if a Tigers fans decided to select one particular post one here pre match he could easily say that Ulster fans were extremely cocky/arrogant about stuffing Leicester and ridiculing some of their players :roll:
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Thelaw wrote:Popped onto the leicester forums to have a look. And yes apparently tonight was a result and they are now in pole position to win the group. Strangely we also won because the ref was biased. And I thought we won. Strange that. Must be our uncompetitive league leads me to think that winning and four points is better
Than losing and one point. Silly me. Seriously take a look. They make
MF look sensible

Hmm. now where have i seen that kind of sentiment before..... :stir:
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

bostonteax wrote:Re: Ulster vs Tigers
Final score 22-16. That is certaintly a good result. To go to Ravenhill with so many injuries and get a point is a good result. It is probably between us and Montpellier for the pool now as I don't think Ulster will be able to live with us at WR. We just need to get a bonus point in Montpellier and then beat Montpellier and Ulster by more than 7 at WR.
Hope you team all believe that too. >appl >appl >appl
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Final score 22-16. That is certaintly a good result. To go to Ravenhill with so many injuries and get a point is a good result. It is probably between us and Montpellier for the pool now as I don't think Ulster will be able to live with us at WR. We just need to get a bonus point in Montpellier and then beat Montpellier and Ulster by more than 7 at WR.
Agree, boston - that certainly is a good result ---- for Ulster !
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Don't forget we'd have been humped if we had relegation to worry about ...
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Shan wrote:It isn't the most ridiculous thing in the world to think getting a LBP away to one of your main rivals is a positive thing and a sign that you may be in the driving seat. However in this case Leicester were quite fortunate to get it. With the amount of possession Ulster had normally one would have expected a clear cut victory. Ulster played well and had the measure of Leicester through the game everywhere bar the scrum. However Ulster's back 3 did not fire and ultimately that probably meant the difference between a 20 point victory and a 6 point victory. Payne was OK without ever really doing anything, Trimble was not really there at all and one could easily think it was a double playing in his place and Bowe, while still being the best of the three, needs more gametime. Of course he scored a very nice try but on a number of occasions he ended up coming into the line at the wrong time or taking the wrong options which can only be put down to rustiness given his level of ability.

It is unlikely we'll see a similar performance from them again this season and that along with the return of Afoa and possibly Ferris will make Ulster more formidable. Of course Leicester will almost certainly improve too but maybe not enough.

Oh and I thought Paddy Jackson played very well. Something I am really pleased about. He's a good player. A few more games like that and his confidence will build up nicely to help him progress again this season.
Spot on Shan. Not often I say that about one of your posts lol
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
twiglet
Initiate

Post by twiglet »

We left a lot of points on the pitch tonight and still beat them.

We will win at Welford Road - they might get a losing bonus point.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Who is this clown?
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Re: Ulster vs Tigers
So Bostonteax, what is the point in sharing that drivel with this forum? A naive post at best, a pile of keek to most.

Here, have a pair of our exciting new range, also available in pink & purple for you, girlfriend >threaten
ClownShoes.jpg
ClownShoes.jpg (8.88 KiB) Viewed 701 times
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

The Tiggers won't have Poite to carry them in every Heiney game. Treviso will cause them problems.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

With 6 games in a pool it is always 1 game at a time. Montpellier away if we can win that and I think it's a huge ask then we are in pole position, also agree Treviso Tigers is no gimme. Maybe not the pool of death but going to be a hugely competitive pool provided Montpellier don't give up at some stage.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Jackie Brown wrote:The Tiggers won't have Poite to carry them in every Heiney game. Treviso will cause them problems.
Limiting them to no TBP would be good enough for me :thumleft: same applies today too against Montpellier.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

I think it was a decent point for them. Wouldn't say it leaves them in pole position but means there's a decent chance of them going into the final game against us with their fate in their own hands to some extent.

Treviso will probably beat someone in the group. Not sure who though.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:It isn't the most ridiculous thing in the world to think getting a LBP away to one of your main rivals is a positive thing and a sign that you may be in the driving seat. However in this case Leicester were quite fortunate to get it. With the amount of possession Ulster had normally one would have expected a clear cut victory. Ulster played well and had the measure of Leicester through the game everywhere bar the scrum. However Ulster's back 3 did not fire and ultimately that probably meant the difference between a 20 point victory and a 6 point victory. Payne was OK without ever really doing anything, Trimble was not really there at all and one could easily think it was a double playing in his place and Bowe, while still being the best of the three, needs more gametime. Of course he scored a very nice try but on a number of occasions he ended up coming into the line at the wrong time or taking the wrong options which can only be put down to rustiness given his level of ability.

Spot on, I was lamenting gifting them a point right after the game, but on more sober reflection, we were miles better everywhere but the scrum & I see no reason why we should not go to Welford Road and give them a good tanking assuming we have no injuries in crucial areas where our cover is wafer thin.

We were pretty ordinary last night, plenty of huff & puff, deserved the win but blew the chance to give them a good kicking on the scoreboard.

I didn't get Tommy on Angry's wing & vice versa, neither man looked comfortable, I've never seen Angry so ineffective in a HC match & one or two brutally bad errors. Tommy for all he made a great job of his try from a simply magnificent cross-kick from GP also looked way off his best & he threw a mare of a pass when a decent pass had Darren in the corner early on at 0-0.

Your comment on GP stirs last nights bar talk when I was telling all who would listen that the only difference between Paddy Jackson now & at the start of the season is his goalkicking. Barring a howler 1st half at Galway he has played very tidy rugby, his passing tackling breaking and kick form hand have been top drawer. In the last couple of games he has mixed it up with cross-kicks as well with both Bowe's tries coming from them.

The success or failure of Paddy's kicking from the tee appears to be shaping people's view of how he is performing & that my friends is fackin' stoopid. In my view he is playing like a dream currently, the kicking success just applies a wee gloss to his general form.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.