Pink Night

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Pink Night

Post by big mervyn »

Saw a reference to pinks vs blues on the promo for this worthy event.

Are Ulster going to play in pink shirts?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Pink Night

Post by big mervyn »

.... maybe Shammy could offer to do their washing. :duck:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Ohhhh that's gotta hurt!
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

big mervyn wrote:.... maybe Shammy could offer to do their washing. :duck:
Oh Merv, you are naughty :duck:

:lol:
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:Saw a reference to pinks vs blues on the promo for this worthy event.

Are Ulster going to play in pink shirts?
Oh feck let's hope not, I abominate frigging about with kit, next thing you know people are so concentrated on such nonsense & you let a side as poor as Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadiff into the game.

By all means folk be as pink as they like off the pitch but pristine white on it please.

My Trousers say, "Keep Shammy away from the laundry". Actually I'm pretty sure she wouldn't mind at all.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Oh feck let's hope not, I abominate frigging about with kit, next thing you know people are so concentrated on such nonsense & you let a side as poor as Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadiff into the game.
Those were exactly my thoughts Baggy. Keep the frivolity and distractions off the pitch. It's the Blues that are playing in pink away from home this season anyway.
Big Neville Southall
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

big mervyn wrote: It's the Blues that are playing in pink away from home this season anyway.
Somebody should really check - we don't want another cck-up like a few years ago.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

We are delighted to announce that Ulster Rugby will be teaming up with Cancer Research UK to host PINK NIGHT at Ravenhill Stadium on Friday 25th October 2013, kick off 19.05.

It will be pink verses blue in Round six of the RaboDirect PRO12 as Ulster continue their campaign to ‘Kick Cancer into Touch’ with a match night filled with fun and entertainment including pink ticket programme prizes, a pink duck auction courtesy of Hastings Hotels, a Premium Lounge ballot and a prize for the best pink outfit!
http://www.ulsterrugby.com/news/latest/ ... n-october/

Better let Shammy dye the shirts as that looks like a dodgy job
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

Rooster wrote:Image
We are delighted to announce that Ulster Rugby will be teaming up with Cancer Research UK to host PINK NIGHT at Ravenhill Stadium on Friday 25th October 2013, kick off 19.05.

It will be pink verses blue in Round six of the RaboDirect PRO12 as Ulster continue their campaign to ‘Kick Cancer into Touch’ with a match night filled with fun and entertainment including pink ticket programme prizes, a pink duck auction courtesy of Hastings Hotels, a Premium Lounge ballot and a prize for the best pink outfit!
http://www.ulsterrugby.com/news/latest/ ... n-october/

Better let Shammy dye the shirts as that looks like a dodgy job
Nah, can't have those shirts, shirley everyone knows red sleeves with pink is a total clash! We don't want to offend anyone now do we?
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Oh dear some one needs some serious Photoshop lessons!
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

big mervyn wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Oh feck let's hope not, I abominate frigging about with kit, next thing you know people are so concentrated on such nonsense & you let a side as poor as Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadiff into the game.
Those were exactly my thoughts Baggy. Keep the frivolity and distractions off the pitch. It's the Blues that are playing in pink away from home this season anyway.
Never heard such guff. Distracted from the game by playing in pink :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: it's not amateur hour.
I hope the team embrace the occasion and the concept and play in pink with the Blues playing in .........................oh aye blue.

The Ulster shirts could always have just a hint of pink with the Blues in their usual cerise pink. :roll: :roll:
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

My first time today having a gander at the boards and this is what I find! :lol:

PS I wasn't the pink-dying culprit... I take great care when it comes to my beloved Ulster shirts :red:

Feel a bit "meh" about this really. I'm all for a good cause but it's a tad gimmicky.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Have the IT responsibilities at UR been outsourced to the Helen Keller Institute?
Big Neville Southall
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Has to be a p1sstake I hope.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

If my first Ulster game is supporting a pink team - good cause as it genuinely is - my Dad will not let me hear the end of it.
It's the hope that kills you.