Ulster vs Cardiff

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Ulster vs Cardiff

Post by breakdown »

Would really like to see Olding start, looked decent off the bench the last two games and as Marshall is more than likely guarenteed for the Ireland squad (in my eyes anyway) Olding should get another chance to impress last minute
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Hope we put out as strong a team as possible. Cardiff will be on a psychological high after beating Toulon and will be well up for it. They have a few Lions in their team though they are surrounded by journeymen and Cuthbert is out. Still - Halfpenny/Patchell alone can win games with the boot if discipline is sloppy. Wouldn't want to take them too lightly. Good to see Irish lad Robin Copeland doing well there. Pity he slipped through the net and is not playing for a Province.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Joe Schmo wrote:Will BigNick be fit?
I can give you a definitely maybe on that.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rooster wrote:
Russ wrote:Whilst I agreed until about 2 hours ago that we should rotate a little, as no matter what, we have far too much for Cardiff.

Now, I think we need to send a message, a message to Wales saying feck YOU, you money grabbing shower of Gatlands. Full side out, smash them up front then let our backline have their way with their all too eager to bend over and get fecked backsides.

feck Cardiff
feck Wales
feck Cancer
Sounds about right
Times to be laid back, times not to be. This is not to be time.

I like your style Russ, I like the notion of a message being sent to all shaggers of sheep, I like the idea of ripping them a new one, I like the idea of putting 50 points on these.

Lets not all go pink & fluffy with good will to all men, these are treacherous English wannabes. Lets destroy them & their new found moral having become de facto European champs at the weekend.

They need to be humiliated. I don't care who we pick as long as we splatter them all over Ravenhill & surrounding districts.

feck Cardiff
feck Wales
feck Cancer
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Will Cardiff even come over or will they try to get a game in Championship and then get promotion to the AP?
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

I would start Mckinney, IF he is going to start vs the Scarlets. If the plan is RP to 10 then I would possibly bench him, or arguably not even involve him this week. If RP is to be starting at 10 vs the Scarlets I would even consider starting him there this week, with beagle, then bringing Jackson off the bench of beagle later in the game. Best is about to play allot of rugby, would give Herring a run out. JM should play if he feels he needs game time, rest if he feels he needs recovery time, only he will know which. Would like to see more of Doyle, with Henry on the bench to cause havoc later in the game. Suspect that he may well start though given his new contract.

Definitely time to see Olding start, this is the sort of game to do it. Would give LM a rest, I suspect he will also be fairly well involved with Ireland. Gilroy only on the bench if fit. Give Tommy a rest, he will play every Ireland game, and after all the IRFU will make us liit his play, we can do without him for this one.

Nugget
Herring
Afoa
Stevenson
Dan T
RD
Wilson
Doyle

RP or beagle
Mckinney or RP
Olding
Cave
Trimble
Allen
Payne

Bench
Court
Best
Lutton
Henry
Williams
P Marshall
Jackson
Gilroy

There you have it, my team. I suspect a way off from MAs team. There are allot of different ways to go with this one.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Eggs, you aren't a numpty so .............................McKinney???????????????

We should only be starting McKinney if we are either happy to lose or every other player potentially occupying the 10 shirt is dead.

I hope he is able to change my mind some time in the future but its a long shot. Some tell me he has talent, I've yet to see it.

As for the AI's, apparently Joe Schmidt has said that he feels players need to play. I look forward to seeing evidence of his bona fides when it comes to releasing players for league games.

I am optimistic that we may not see players released on Friday lunchtime to make the dash north this autumn. If that is the case Joe will be my type of national coach.

In any event there is only one of the AIs which is on the same weekend as a league match and that is home to Embra, now I bet you didn't expect to be reading that happy news this morning, did you?
Last edited by BaggyTrousers on Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Could Olding play 15?

The king is Dead, Long live the king
The King is dead. Long live the King.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

kingofthehill wrote:Could Olding play 15?

If you say so :fleg:
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Ok, that's Olding sorted - who's next :lol:
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

As LastNight said, you're a bad man KOTH, now I'm going to have to puzzle over what lies behind that question. >EW
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Eggs, you aren't a numpty so .............................McKinney???????????????

We should only be starting McKinney if we are either happy to lose or every other player potentially occupying the 10 shirt is dead.
I know what you are getting at, but I am a little concerned about what our plan B is (actually assuming RP is plan B then plan C). Its not just the Autumn internationals, when we may well lose Paddy and RP, but the 6N. We need to give McKinney a bit of time at 10, otherwise a knock to RP and we are in big difficulties. Why not give him a lash against Cardiff at home, with the comfort that if he has a mare Paddy can come on at half time and play the hero?
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

I don't know KOFTH, my question is, will he?

Yes, lets not hear mention of McKinney having to start for a Rabo match ever again, just in case it happens. Imagine Marshall and MckInney paired! It wouldn't be so much brainfarters convention it would be......

http://youtu.be/_6ViXX2nEF8
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Carlsberg don't do nightmares ... but if they did!!!!!!
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

Joe Schmo wrote:

I don't know KOFTH, my question is, will he?

Yes, lets not hear mention of McKinney having to start for a Rabo match ever again, just in case it happens. Imagine Marshall and MckInney paired! It wouldn't be so much brainfarters convention it would be......

http://youtu.be/_6ViXX2nEF8

Well in the August edition of Emerald Rugby in their feature of the Irish tour to the US,they mention Olding as being comfortable playing 10,12 or 15,so they must have got that info from Ulster or the IRFU.
"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine