How many Saracen fans will come over?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Ericsarrie
Novice

Re: How many Saracen fans will come over?

Post by Ericsarrie »

Friendly lot, some of you! >EW I was the only Sarries supporter at Twickenham last season. I'm thinking of coming by motorbike; don't like planes much. We've developed our game considerably from last year and I expect our match to be a cracker. Looking forward to a bit of banter over the next couple of months.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

breakdown wrote:Depends if we're willing to give them a refund if they win or something
Sarries will win something. In honour of their glorious achievement in comprehensively beating Connacht and the mighty Zebre both home AND away, I am given to understand that they are to be the inaugural recipients of a new ERC trophy, known as the Flat Track Bully Shield.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
GLENN CORNICK
Squire

Post by GLENN CORNICK »

Ericsarrie wrote:Friendly lot, some of you! >EW I was the only Sarries supporter at Twickenham last season. I'm thinking of coming by motorbike; don't like planes much. We've developed our game considerably from last year and I expect our match to be a cracker. Looking forward to a bit of banter over the next couple of months.

An ocean going motorbike eh ? Be sure to go round Ailsa Craig on the left and not over it, or to the right. It's a one way system.
Is Mr Wray in your side-car or pillion?

Slainte!
Beware PC Filth of the Thought Police.
Ericsarrie
Novice

Post by Ericsarrie »

Saracens supporters ride on water. Side car for Nigel adds a bit of bouyancy if needed.
Big merv - you can only beat what's in front of you. I presume Ulster ease up on the Italian sides and Connaght in the mighty RABO league then?
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

Ericsarrie wrote:Friendly lot, some of you! >EW I was the only Sarries supporter at Twickenham last season. I'm thinking of coming by motorbike; don't like planes much. We've developed our game considerably from last year and I expect our match to be a cracker. Looking forward to a bit of banter over the next couple of months.
Welcome to the board 'Eric'. :lol:
We are a friendly bunch, whatever some may say, and we do have our opinions about the PRL and McTwattery to contend with, but you are assured of great craic if you you stay...bring some friends, we will be nice believe me. :duck:

When you get to Belfast, don't be afraid of the likes of Jackie or Russ, I know for a fact they are reeely nice guys despite their grumblings. >sniper :cowboy:
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
Ericsarrie
Novice

Post by Ericsarrie »

Don't go to the official club website forum, they generally talk guff there. Unofficial forum is the place for a few friendly verbal exchanges.

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/list/s104.htm
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Ericsarrie wrote:Saracens supporters ride on water. Side car for Nigel adds a bit of bouyancy if needed.
Big merv - you can only beat what's in front of you. I presume Ulster ease up on the Italian sides and Connaght in the mighty RABO league then?
A fairly mediocre Toulouse side was in front of you.

Truth be told it's the home counties dominated media that is really pissing me off. You'd think watching the BBC that there was only one match at the w/e :banghead:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Ericsarrie Be prepared to pay full price for the ticket Ulster can fill Ravenhill without giving away tickets.

So if Wray wants to indulge his buddies they will see that English teams are not the only teams with supporters and it is the supporters who make the atmosphere in the ground not the TV cameras .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Ericsarrie
Novice

Post by Ericsarrie »

Give away ticket days are over more or less. Our new ground at Allianz Park is a nice little 10, 000 capacity stadium and we now generally manage to fill it. Very different to the sterile, non existent atmosphere at Vicarage Road. Still have to give away a few tickets to partner schools and clubs when we're at Wembley though! I do agree that we're a fair way behind the partisan support generated by clubs like Ulster, Leicester and Toulouse. Although we do have history, dating back to the 1880s, we've only really joined the 'big boys' since the mid 1990s and it's hard going from crowds of 500 on a council pitch to what you have.

Merv - I can assure you Toulouse we're anything but mediocre. we had very little answer to their all round game last week, but the mood they were in few sides would have lived with them.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

More or less over my Brennan.

Money back if Henson scores? £5 a ticket for Twickenham?

Thanks to your Warren Gatland of a chairman Saracens are the most hated team in world rugby, I hope we smash you.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Ericsarrie wrote: Looking forward to a bit of banter over the next couple of months.
Excellent Eric you've come to the right place. Welcome aboard the good ship uafc. :thumleft:
I can tell by the cut of your jib you're a man of taste and intellect. All of which makes me wonder why do you associate yourself with that weapons grade arsebiscuit Nigel Wray and the festering furuncle Ashton? >EW
We're thoroughly decent and sporting collection of chaps and chapesses over here and therefore I feel constrained to advise you from the outset that being called a Crozier or a Gatland should not to be considered compliments. The rest you will get as you go along. :salut:
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Ericsarrie, you aren't the bloke who works in a service station near Stansted Airport that told me today on my way home from Leicester that he is a Sarries supporter, I'm assuming it was you as there aren't too many of youse, by the way his >elvis impersonation was rubbish.....anyway welcome to the board you're most welcome and its Stand Up For The Ulstermen :red: :red: :red:
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Eric - you should have a word with some of our motorcycling fraternity re the bike trip. If they don't respond to this thread, I'll mention it to them the next Time I meet them.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Pimpmac
Initiate

Post by Pimpmac »

Ericsarrie wrote:Saracens supporters ride on water. Side car for Nigel adds a bit of bouyancy if needed.

The English press, the PRL and the club owners have certainly done a PR number on the Celtic/Italian clubs and the Rabo league. You can't go one page on an English club rugby forum or on ours to hear there fans mouthing off about the Rabo league. They all claim (completely ignorantly as I can guarantee that they have probably never watched a match) that our league is a load of tom kite and not competitive etc...Even thon fella Eric is on here for 5 mins is is doing the same. We unfortunately have had the displeasure of having access to watch matches in the PRL for years and in my opinion it is a poor league and the reason that the PRL clubs have struggled is because they are ultimately one dimensional. This smokescreen about no relegation is complete nonsense and is getting really boring. It us just an excuse after excuse from the English. I hope and prey we demolish the poor excuse for a club that Saracens are as they stand for everything that has shown to be rotten about the greedy, bullying PRL. PS don't come on here and start making smart comments and then expect us to be all nice, go crawl under a rock with your mate Nigel - there's a bit of banter for you mate!
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

All those having a go at individual Saracens supporters on here (and elsewhere) would do well to remember our reputation for being a welcoming place for visitors has existed long before Nigel Wray, Mark McCafferty and their ilk...

... and hopefully it will continue to exist long after their lot have departed the scene.

Lets not lose the run of ourselves just because of the current disagreements coupled with bad journalism.

edit: I'll make it clear, I don't like Wray, McCafferty et al given the way they conduct themselves. But that does not reflect whatsoever on the average punter in the stand.