How many Saracen fans will come over?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

ardsrugbyards
Initiate

Re: How many Saracen fans will come over?

Post by ardsrugbyards »

Amiga500 wrote:All those having a go at individual Saracens supporters on here (and elsewhere) would do well to remember our reputation for being a welcoming place for visitors has existed long before Nigel Wray, Mark McCafferty and their ilk...

... and hopefully it will continue to exist long after their lot have departed the scene.

Lets not lose the run of ourselves just because of the current disagreements coupled with bad journalism.

edit: I'll make it clear, I don't like Wray, McCafferty et al given the way they conduct themselves. But that does not reflect whatsoever on the average punter in the stand.
Well said, too many smart arses lately cause things are going well, 5-6 years ago we weren't as quick to run other teams or their supporters down.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Can a Sarrie afford a £30 ticket?
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Spoke with a few Leicester aul hands last night and they reckon that Wray is only the puppet and the real instigator of all this mess is their own Peter Wheeler and they weren't very complementary about him....
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Pimpmac
Initiate

Post by Pimpmac »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:So Pimpmac, how is that job as the Public Relations Officer for the Northern Ireland Tourist Board working out for you? :lol:

Very well thanks. We made a strategic decisions this year to focus our efforts in areas outside of England! We are working closely with our counterparts in the Bord Failte and are looking forward to welcoming French tourists in late April. The French are expected to arrive into Dublin for a meeting with a group of Ulstermen in Dublin. :lol:

On a serious note happy to welcome any opposition fans, but not prepared to stand by and tolerate nonsense spewed out by them that they hear from the PRL mouthpieces. So Eric if you are prepared to talk rugby and not be a condescending little Englander then I am sure you will be made most welcome.
Gael
Steward

Post by Gael »

Welcome to the board Eric.
There was never a guard nor a customs man, got his nose inside that transit van.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Amiga500 wrote:All those having a go at individual Saracens supporters on here (and elsewhere) would do well to remember our reputation for being a welcoming place for visitors has existed long before Nigel Wray, Mark McCafferty and their ilk...

... and hopefully it will continue to exist long after their lot have departed the scene.

Lets not lose the run of ourselves just because of the current disagreements coupled with bad journalism.

edit: I'll make it clear, I don't like Wray, McCafferty et al given the way they conduct themselves. But that does not reflect whatsoever on the average punter in the stand.
+1

Some of us are old enough to have known Sarries from before even the move to VR. Some of their supporters pre-date that move and the subsequent Stade-Francais-style marketing. I wonder how many of the Ulster faithful would have survived the amount of dicking about these guys have suffered. No doubt some of the johnny-come-latelies are less savoury, but I would suggest that we have a % of those types too.

I for one, will welcome any rugby supporter who makes the journey to Belfast to follow their team. And I look forward to having a beer with some fez boys come April.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Eric, Burn him :D
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

scrum5 wrote:Spoke with a few Leicester aul hands last night and they reckon that Wray is only the puppet and the real instigator of all this mess is their own Peter Wheeler and they weren't very complementary about him....
Wheeler has the most to lose if it ends up in court.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Well Eric you are welcome here and I hope your skin is biker suit grade leather !
Anyway thon Tigerburnie lad has survived the season so far with us so we can't be that bad :D
Sarries fans welcome as is your coach but any smart arsed comments from Mr Wray and he will get the full Brian Smith welcome he got with London Spides, we just love a villain here !
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

+1. Welcome on here Eric, although am hoping we'll do to you what you did to us last season in the quarters.....and give you a good beating! :D
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Welcome Eric! As much as we like to run down the AP, Saracens are a quality side. It will take a significant improvement from beating Leicester by 3 points to winning against Sarries. Even if we are at home.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Pimpmac wrote:
Ericsarrie wrote:Saracens supporters ride on water. Side car for Nigel adds a bit of bouyancy if needed.
Big merv - you can only beat what's in front of you. I presume Ulster ease up on the Italian sides and Connaght in the mighty RABO league then?

The English press, the PRL and the club owners have certainly done a PR number on the Celtic/Italian clubs and the Rabo league. You can't go one page on an English club rugby forum or on ours to hear there fans mouthing off about the Rabo league. They all claim (completely ignorantly as I can guarantee that they have probably never watched a match) that our league is a load of tom kite and not competitive etc...Even thon fella Eric is on here for 5 mins is is doing the same. .....blah, blah, blah ......
PS don't come on here and start making smart comments and then expect us to be all nice, go crawl under a rock with your mate Nigel - there's a bit of banter for you mate!
Pimp, he's perfectly welcome top come on here and make smart comments - your problem is you wouldn't know what a smart comment is. In the context of what he was responding to, I thought his reply was perfectly acceptable, and pretty much what many of us would have written if the situation was reversed. If you still don't understand that, go and google the term "tongue in cheek".

Eric, you're very welcome here - do bring yer mates ..... but as has been pointed out, please ensure that Wray, McCafferty et al are not included in their number - we can only extend a welcome so far! >EW
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:Welcome Eric! As much as we like to run down the AP, Saracens are a quality side. It will take a significant improvement from beating Leicester by 3 points to winning against Sarries. Even if we are at home.

Bullshit Dave, I'm sitting in my Leicester hotel room and you need to understand that winning on the ground if the most decorated team in England is not to be dismissed as you are doing. We will snatter. Sarries at Ravenhill, Ulster made an utter balls of preparations last season, that will not happen again.

Losing the quarterfinal isn't an issue, we will Johann Muller them, they are a decent side and flat track bullies. We on the other hand are a quality team if we have close to our best team available.

I can't wait for our semi with Clermont at the Aviva. Eggs counted we will beat Sarries with comfort.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Pimpmac
Initiate

Post by Pimpmac »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Pimpmac wrote:
Ericsarrie wrote:Saracens supporters ride on water. Side car for Nigel adds a bit of bouyancy if needed.
Big merv - you can only beat what's in front of you. I presume Ulster ease up on the Italian sides and Connaght in the mighty RABO league then?

The English press, the PRL and the club owners have certainly done a PR number on the Celtic/Italian clubs and the Rabo league. You can't go one page on an English club rugby forum or on ours to hear there fans mouthing off about the Rabo league. They all claim (completely ignorantly as I can guarantee that they have probably never watched a match) that our league is a load of tom kite and not competitive etc...Even thon fella Eric is on here for 5 mins is is doing the same. .....blah, blah, blah ......
PS don't come on here and start making smart comments and then expect us to be all nice, go crawl under a rock with your mate Nigel - there's a bit of banter for you mate!
Pimp, he's perfectly welcome top come on here and make smart comments - your problem is you wouldn't know what a smart comment is. In the context of what he was responding to, I thought his reply was perfectly acceptable, and pretty much what many of us would have written if the situation was reversed. If you still don't understand that, go and google the term "tongue in cheek".

Eric, you're very welcome here - do bring yer mates ..... but as has been pointed out, please ensure that Wray, McCafferty et al are not included in their number - we can only extend a welcome so far! >EW

Thanks for that Cap'n, but let the man answer for himself eh. Pretty sure I didn't at any stage say he was not welcome and that he couldn't make smart comments...I was commenting on something that has become a mantra for a lot of English press, fans and clubs.

As for not understanding smart comments, then maybe I should spend half my life on here making over 8000 posts and I might get to understand tongue in cheek......
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Pimpmac wrote:Thanks for that Cap'n, but let the man answer for himself eh...
I'm not stopping him
Pimpmac wrote:Pretty sure I didn't at any stage say he was not welcome and that he couldn't make smart comments...
And I'm pretty sure I didn't say that you had said he wasn't welcome. What I did do was express my own opinion that he was welcome to make smart comments - something you specifically told him NOT to do - and I quote,
Pimpmac wrote:PS don't come on here and start making smart comments and then expect us to be all nice, go crawl under a rock with your mate Nigel - there's a bit of banter for you mate!
You are right though - telling someone to go crawl under a rock doesn't specifically tell him he's not welcome. :roll:
Pimpmac wrote:As for not understanding smart comments, then maybe I should spend half my life on here making over 8000 posts and I might get to understand tongue in cheek......
See above .... I rest my case. :roll:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right