How many Saracen fans will come over?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Ericsarrie
Novice

Re: How many Saracen fans will come over?

Post by Ericsarrie »

Off to walk the dogs - will see you later Pimpmac :P (by the way, don't worry, they're not dobermans)
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Eric hope youve a thick skin and a string stomach ... if you can get the banter here it's great craic ...

But as has been said any of thon PRL shat and ..... you wont like us when we're angry.

Rugby has a special thing which includes banter with the opposition ... if that goes Rugby loses it's soul.

The only team, fans and set up I have issue with is the Not Nots ... if they never darken our doorstep again it'll be too soon.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Ericsarrie
Novice

Post by Ericsarrie »

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Feisty on here, isn't it.

Pimpmac - Cap'n expressed my intentions well enough. Bit of gentle wind up is what these boards are all about surely.

Taking Merv up on his point again of flat track bullies I had a look at your league results against Zebre and Connaght and from the scores although you won it looks like you struggled a bit - did you have your 2nd XV on the park? Looking at those scores as opposed to our demolition of the same opposition and our beating of Tigers by 40 points recently obviously makes us clear favourites. (Thinks to self: Shall I put a smiley here.....nah)

On subject of HC next year I'm going to keep my head down because I suspect we're going to agree to disagee on a few things. Great competition though and if it's not there next year in an inclusive format I'll be really disappointed.

Question to finish and forgive me if I'm expressing my ignorance. Where's Tommy Bowe? One of the two players on your side I really admire and fear; fortunately for us only made it to the bench last year because of injury. The other is Europe's best scrum half.
OneMore
Warrior Chief

Post by OneMore »

Ericsarrie wrote:Question to finish and forgive me if I'm expressing my ignorance. Where's Tommy Bowe? One of the two players on your side I really admire and fear; fortunately for us only made it to the bench last year because of injury. The other is Europe's best scrum half.
We're resting Tommy Bowe so that he's in fine fettle for a couple of big games we've got coming up in the league.

And to be honest, I wouldn't fear him and Ruan that much. We just put them out there in the pool stages to take the glory before we release our real danger men like David McIlwaine and Mike McComish. Maccers and Magic Mike are who you should be really concerned with. Their biggest quality is really their ability to go undetected. So take this as a warning - David McIlwaine - rumour has it there's a video compilation of his awesomeness on YouTube.
pip14
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by pip14 »

In all seriousness how many are they likely to bring over?
(And no Russ, not 3!)
Defo not 4,000, would 1000 seem more likely?
You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

If it's a Friday night you might get 500!
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Ericsarrie wrote: Taking Merv up on his point again of flat track bullies I had a look at your league results against Zebre and Connaght and from the scores although you won it looks like you struggled a bit - did you have your 2nd XV on the park? Looking at those scores as opposed to our demolition of the same opposition and our beating of Tigers by 40 points recently obviously makes us clear favourites. (Thinks to self: Shall I put a smiley here.....nah)
Connacht aren't usually as bad as they were against you. And they usually up their game against the big teams.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

pip14 wrote:In all seriousness how many are they likely to bring over?
(And no Russ, not 3!)
Defo not 4,000, would 1000 seem more likely?
Still annoyed that you slapped me on the shoulder on Saturday. Ashton

When I go to book my flights later I will tell you the price and we can guess how many of them would be flying by the price changes. Though given their stadium is in Luton my flight from Heathrow should be cheap enough

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

When do we get date and time?
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Jackie Brown wrote:When do we get date and time?
Possibly tomorrow :fleg:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Jackie Brown wrote:Haha, feck em
Ahem .................... weren't you the prudish chube who reported me for bad language on Friday? What a hypocrite, you think its ok for you to type the word & let the censor amend it.

Take a wee look at yourself in the mirror Jackie. :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Ericsarrie wrote:Pimpmac - Cap'n expressed my intentions well enough. Bit of gentle wind up is what these boards are all about surely.

Taking Merv up on his point again of flat track bullies I had a look at your league results against Zebre and Connaght and from the scores although you won it looks like you struggled a bit - did you have your 2nd XV on the park?
I think I'm gonna like Eric - Me liking a sarries man - who'da thought? First time for everything I suppose.

and to answer your question above, no we didn't field a 2nd XV - you boys don't like us doing that ....... so we used our 3rds!

btw- (and it's common knowledge, so no loose talk here), Tommy's been injured and just didn't make it in time for tiggers. He'll be back and fully up to speed again for you lot though!

One final thought - when you come over, you may want to buy a new registration for your motorbike - FEZ is available in Norn Iron (all perfectly legal in GB) - in fact my daughter has one she'll sell for a grand or two. :thumleft:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Doesnt eric know we rest players for games? Most v Zebre. Tommy v Leicester. Ferris in every game except the Sarries one

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

I think we could see perhaps 1,000 Sarries fans come across. That would be a fairly respectable number who I would hope are made extremely welcome in Belfast. There are arseholes everywhere and I encountered more than a few Ulster fans that would have fell into that category. Ironically both types- the paralytic and those who don't like to stand up or make any noise/intention of support during a game.

Away fans are vital to the home fans IMO, they spur us on to out-perform the 'opposition' the only way we can by shouting and cheering louder.

I would imagine very few tickets will go on general release and rightly so, the only winners in that scenario are the touts. Everyone that has an interest in UR almost certainly knows one or two ST holders and should make it known they would like ticket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Heineken Cup draw
Quarter-finals
Ulster v Saracens, Sat April 5, 3.40pm
Toulon v Leinster, Sat April 5, 7pm
Clermont v Leicester, Sun April 6, 4.40pm
Munster v Toulouse, Sun April 6, 6pm

That's from the telegraph so prob bull-dung.