Specsavers Fairplay League

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Specsavers Fairplay League

Post by big mervyn »

Surprisingly, we're stll on top ...just.

http://www.rabodirectpro12.com/statzone ... league.php
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Specsavers Fairplay League

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote:Surprisingly, we're stll on top ...just.

http://www.rabodirectpro12.com/statzone ... league.php
Not surprising at all.

Half our red cards have come in the other competition. >EW
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

I think the Westies went above us for 24hrs but must have picked up a yella on Saturday.

So ... Any indiscipline on Saturday potentially costs the Academy 10k.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Gemma
Warrior
Location: Rescued from the English, abandoned in frozen North

Post by Gemma »

Wow, that's pretty impressive. Just shows how good our long term "behaviour" has been. I was sure we'd be further down the table after Friday night.
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

No surprise 3 of the bottom 4 are Welsh teams...
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

I think we have one this once or twice in the past 2 or 3 years. :salut:

Fair play to the westies too for being up there while down the league table a bit - I often think that the teams at the bottom get a raw deal just because they get pushed around a bit and by conceding penalties when defending tend to pick up more yellows. Usually the so-called better teams avoid that, but some of the "better" teams also have a couple of players with (shall we say) "an edge" to them, that sometimes goes too far! >EW

Ulster are one of the better teams but are sometimes too nice for our own good ...... tis the Ulster way, though!
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

Did we win it last year?
It's the hope that kills you.
SDK
Novice

Post by SDK »

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Then we've won because only regular season counts far as I know. :cheers:
Big Neville Southall
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

big mervyn wrote:
Then we've won because only regular season counts far as I know. :cheers:
That is correct Merv
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

The chorus of OFF OFF OFF!!!! from the Ulster fans when one of our players committed a minor infringement c. 14 mins gave the Munster crowd a laugh.
Big Neville Southall
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Congratulations @connachtrugby and @ulsterrugby who both share the @Specsavers Fair play award!
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

Ulster Captain, Johann Muller, coach Mark Anscombe and Ulster's RaboDirect PRO12 2014 Ambassador, Craig Gilroy travelled to Edinburgh this evening for the RaboDirect PRO12 Awards 2014.

The first award of the evening, the 'SpecSavers Fair Play Award' was received on behalf of Ulster by Johann Muller. Ulster share the £10,000 cheque to put towards youth development, with Connacht, who jointly claimed the award for having the fewest yellow and red cards and citings over the 22 games played.

Ulster's Andrew Trimble was voted on the wing in the RaboDirect PRO12 2013/14 Dream Team and earning the Dream Team Captaincy and second row position was Johann Muller.

Dan Biggar from Ospreys won the 'Players' Player of the Year' Award and Glasgow's Jonny Gray recieved the 'Young Player of the Year' Award at the Lyceum Theatre this evening.

Dan Biggar had already been named in the RaboDirect PRO12 Dream Team for the season last week and scooped the 'Players' Player of the Year' award for his outstanding contribution to the Ospreys season.

Voted for by the 12 RaboDirect PRO12 Captains and Ambassadors, the Ospreys out half beat Glasgow Warriors' Nikola Matawalu and Ulster's Ruan Pienaar to the title in an incredibly tight vote. He follows in the footsteps of Tommy Bowe, Ruan Piennar, Tim Visser and Nick Williams in picking up the prestigious award.

Jonny Gray picked up the 'Young 'Player of the Year' title after not only breaking into and starting in the Glasgow side, but also into the Scottish national team.

He beat Leinster centre Noel Reid to the title and follows in the footsteps of Tim Visser, Toby Faletau, Stuart Hogg and Luke Marshall as the RaboDirect PRO12 'Young Player of the Year'.

Munster coach, Rob Penney won the 'Coach of the Year' award after steering Munster into the Play-Offs again. His side put together a record number of wins during the campaign and finished in 3rd place overall to secure an away tie to face Glasgow Warriors at Scotstoun next Friday.

Leinster legends Leo Cullen and Brian O'Driscoll both received (in absentia) the 'Chairman's Award' in recognition of their outstanding service to their province, their country, the tournament as a whole and the game of rugby union.

Connacht took over from Scarlets as winners of the 'Rhino Collision Kings' title after a panel of experts assessed their efficiency at the breakdown and tackling,

Munster No. 10 JJ Hanrahan scooped the Rhino Golden Boot Award with 87.30% (55 kicks out of 63) with Cardiff Blues outhalf Gareth Davies coming a close second with 86.96%.

The RaboDirect PRO12 Dream Team 2013/14 was named as follows: 15 - Liam Williams (Scarlets), 14 – Jeff Hassler (Ospreys), 13 – Casey Laulala (Munster), 12 – Alex Dunbar (Glasgow Warriors), 11 – Andrew Trimble (Ulster), 10 – Dan Biggar (Ospreys), 9 - Gareth Davies (Scarlets), 1 – Dave Kilcoyne (Munster), 2 – Sean Cronin (Leinster), 3 – Samson Lee (Scarlets), 4 – Johann Muller (Ulster) CAPTAIN, 5 – Alun-Wyn Jones (Ospreys), 6 – Rhys Ruddock (Leinster), 7 – Jordi Murphy (Leinster), 8 – Robin Copeland (Cardiff Blues).
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

This thread has been disgracefully neglected for almost 2 full years, possibly as sign of the times but no more.

Former saintly Ulster have turned their back on filth & foul play ...........unlike cynical dirty Mexico for example .............. with both Mexico & Weegies ironically given their league positions having only 2 teams with worse records, the filthy Scaaaaaaaaaaaaaalets & Zebre who play most matches under extreme defensive strife.

Saturday sees Ulster play Ospreys, 2nd best record despite an uncomfortable season. We can afford one yellow an still win this least envied title. :cheers: >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Joe Schmo wrote:
The RaboDirect PRO12 Dream Team 2013/14 was named as follows: 15 - Liam Williams (Scarlets), 14 – Jeff Hassler (Ospreys), 13 – Casey Laulala (Munster), 12 – Alex Dunbar (Glasgow Warriors), 11 – Andrew Trimble (Ulster), 10 – Dan Biggar (Ospreys), 9 - Gareth Davies (Scarlets), 1 – Dave Kilcoyne (Munster), 2 – Sean Cronin (Leinster), 3 – Samson Lee (Scarlets), 4 – Johann Muller (Ulster) CAPTAIN, 5 – Alun-Wyn Jones (Ospreys), 6 – Rhys Ruddock (Leinster), 7 – Jordi Murphy (Leinster), 8 – Robin Copeland (Cardiff Blues).
[/quote]

Ridiculous I'd only take two of the 13/14 Dream team ahead of the starting 1st XV vs Leinster :scratch:
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18