Should Ulster Play.....

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Big Smoke Culchie
Squire

Re: Should Ulster Play.....

Post by Big Smoke Culchie »

The colours have always been white and red. If you want to change your strip every 20 minutes go and support Saracens.
Joe Schmidt is a Leinster ballbag
Gael
Steward

Post by Gael »

I like the idea of it but the colours are cat together, let's not cod ourselves.
There was never a guard nor a customs man, got his nose inside that transit van.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

My aging memory seems to think that the Forrest green shirt was the corporate IRFU influence (same as the script writing under the badge).

Think that was the season after we moved from the red, white and blue shirt.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
dublane
Novice

Post by dublane »

What about a purple away kit?
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

Snipe Watson wrote:
jackthelad wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:...in yellow and red to reflect the colours of the Ulster fleg?
No. Which Ulster flag is that? The yellow one is a rather recent 'fleg' at Ravenhill, the teams white shirt isn't.
The Ulster provincial flag is yellow and red. Whether it is a recent addition at Ravenhill is irrelevant.
It certainly isn't irrelevant to me. Ulster play in white. The yellow flag is nothing at all to do with the side at all any more than the white N.I. flag. It's a pointless suggestion as it's never going to happen. Who decides these things by the way? Who came up with the 'Ulster' flag? Far better keeping wombat doos like this out of rugby. We managed it through 40 years of terrorism. I see no need to change it.
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
promenader
Novice

Post by promenader »

Why blue?
Why black?
Why not yellow?
And while we're on the subject... when it's time to redesign the home shirt, can we have plain white with the red hand and discard the red flashings that make it look like an ice hockey shirt?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

jackthelad wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
jackthelad wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:...in yellow and red to reflect the colours of the Ulster fleg?
No. Which Ulster flag is that? The yellow one is a rather recent 'fleg' at Ravenhill, the teams white shirt isn't.
The Ulster provincial flag is yellow and red. Whether it is a recent addition at Ravenhill is irrelevant.
It certainly isn't irrelevant to me. Ulster play in white. The yellow flag is nothing at all to do with the side at all any more than the white N.I. flag. It's a pointless suggestion as it's never going to happen. Who decides these things by the way? Who came up with the 'Ulster' flag? Far better keeping wombat doos like this out of rugby. We managed it through 40 years of terrorism. I see no need to change it.
Jack, I know you're older than me, but I remember an Ulster provincial flag being flown in the 70s. For most of us, that's not recent.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
theCloudSpotter
Initiate

Post by theCloudSpotter »

No, no, no...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Redhandoff
Novice

Post by Redhandoff »

Maybe we could base it on this rather fetching melchester rovers kit :shock:
http://www.truecoloursfootballkits.com/ ... -95-97.gif
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinions,but they are not entitled to their own facts."(D.P.Moynihan)
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Yellow and red simply don't work and I can't think of any kit in yellow that works for me. White is Ulster and red is and should remain the alternative. When it comes to a 3rd kit we should of course indulge a little and call it our HEC shirt if you like but there should never really be a need to play in it. As for me I will continue to fly whatever fleg I choose as it has more place than say the Iranian fleg we fly... The last comment shouldn't be seen as any type of support for our First Minister.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

BR wrote:
jackthelad wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
jackthelad wrote:
Jack, I know you're older than me, but I remember an Ulster provincial flag being flown in the 70s. For most of us, that's not recent.
BR , I also remember the Union Flag flown at all home games, do you? As I have said before I note that Munster , Leinster and Connacht are all flying their national flag at home games, god forbid the first person asks them to stop, they will instantly become a bigot , racist or bully, but good old Ulster do not fly theirs as not to upset anyone, that's the ulster way, :roll: can't wait to pop onto the Castre or Toulon chat rooms to see the endless bitching about the booing and the poor crowd behaviour , oh wait that ain't going to happen as their fans don't belong to the " let's complain about others to show what a great fan I am brigade" or KNOBS for short.
I fecking hate Sunday mornings.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Cockatrice wrote:Yellow and red simply don't work and I can't think of any kit in yellow that works for me. White is Ulster and red is and should remain the alternative. When it comes to a 3rd kit we should of course indulge a little and call it our HEC final shirt if you like but there should never really be a need to play in it. As for me I will continue to fly whatever fleg I choose as it has more place than say the Iranian fleg we fly... The last comment shouldn't be seen as any type of support for our First Minister.
Fixed that for you
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Kofi Annan wrote:
BR , I also remember the Union Flag flown at all home games, do you? As I have said before I note that Munster , Leinster and Connacht are all flying their national flag at home games.
It's not that long ago that the Union Flag was flying at Ravenhill. No idea why it was taken down. I looked for the tricolour at the RDS at the sf and couldn't see one.
I hoped this thread wouldn't descend onto the traditional twice yearly flegs debate.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Kofi Annan wrote:
BR , I also remember the Union Flag flown at all home games, do you?
Indeed, but that is a whole different topic, it's a wonder it's never been discussed here...
My point was purely on the providence of the Ulster arms.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:
BR , I also remember the Union Flag flown at all home games, do you? As I have said before I note that Munster , Leinster and Connacht are all flying their national flag at home games.
It's not that long ago that the Union Flag was flying at Ravenhill. No idea why it was taken down. I looked for the tricolour at the RDS at the sf and couldn't see one.
I hoped this thread wouldn't descend onto the traditional twice yearly flegs debate.

I don't remember it being flown at ourDS, but that part of Dublin has a little more sense than the rest of that country

It is definitely flown at the Aviva, alongside the provincial Ulster fleg ....

So basically, Cavan, Monaghan and Donegal are represented twice

FLEGS!