Marshall and Wilson cited

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

skiboo
Novice

Re: Marshall and Wilson cited

Post by skiboo »

Just saw a replay of yet another piece of absurd officiating and I think I would be correct in saying Ulster has had "difficulties" with some of Hodges decisions. The difference here sees Pat Lam immediately, and not for the first time, come out and support his team and his players. O'Connor does the same and our Munster friends have been known to express their views.
Silence from Kingspan- are they at speech therapy classes, do they not want to mess up their next job which surely cannot have anything to do with team management. If I was an Ulster player I would feel lonely on the pitch although the old management dictum comes into play, an organisation my pick its managers but the people pick the leaders. I just have a feeling we have managers who are not leaders.
The officiating in this league goes from bad to worse and we must have,with a few exceptions, the dumbest referees ever to had stepped foot on a pitch. We all gurn about it and are quite right in doing so but to be more positive can we not persuade the league to put funds aside to develop referring and improve the standards.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

I see the citing commissioners have backed their silly referees again

Hughes sent off for an accidental clash into man who cannot tackle North

Given a 3 week ban

Basically another, right, our referee got it wrong, so here is a meaningless ban so it makes it look like he got it right
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:I see the citing commissioners have backed their silly referees again

Hughes sent off for an accidental clash into man who cannot tackle North

Given a 3 week ban

Basically another, right, our referee got it wrong, so here is a meaningless ban so it makes it look like he got it right
Will they say that about the ref giving Nick a yellow?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

What about Francois Steyn being given 5 weeks. The original SANZAR committee said no ban and it was appealed.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

The lad Hughes from Wasps got "3 weeks" last night for his accidential knee to North's head on Fri night. Banned for next 4 weekends (until April 28). Its more like a 3 game ban, potentially 4 if Wasps beat Comic Book Guy's World XV on Sunday.

Surely a certainty that Williams will miss the rest of this season, given how much worse his offence was. Can part of a ban be carried over to another season, if say Williams got 12 weeks and it only needed a 8 week ban to end his current season? Anyone know when his hearing is?
Hans Indaruck
Squire

Post by Hans Indaruck »

Neill_M wrote:The lad Hughes from Wasps got "3 weeks" last night for his accidential knee to North's head on Fri night. Banned for next 4 weekends (until April 28). Its more like a 3 game ban, potentially 4 if Wasps beat Comic Book Guy's World XV on Sunday.

Surely a certainty that Williams will miss the rest of this season, given how much worse his offence was. Can part of a ban be carried over to another season, if say Williams got 12 weeks and it only needed a 8 week ban to end his current season? Anyone know when his hearing is?
Totally agree Neill - I thought Hughes was very hard done by to even get a card never mind a red + ban. His was one 'offence' that deserved to be overturned, I'd love to see the stats of how many cases have been overturned by citing commossioners or on appeals - rocking horse droppings I suspect!

We will not see FNW again this season for sure!
Hope is not a strategy.
daveysemtex
Novice

Post by daveysemtex »

Can argue what constitutes a sanction-able offence (I don't think it was), but going by the retrospective red cards to O'Connor, marsahall and wilson this season I can say I am finally seeing some consistency in citing commission adjudications.
bangorboy
Steward

Post by bangorboy »

8 weeks for NW
Nevin Spence - Forever an Ulsterman
silliwilli
Novice

Post by silliwilli »

Hopefully means he has played his last game in the shirt.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

8 weeks reduced from 16. Nice suit, saying sorry and the lack of league games left this season got him the big reduction. Banned until September 1st, so it's a minimum 6 game ban (including the 2 warm up matches in August!), upto 8 including playoffs games. If it had been earlier in the season, would have been a bigger ban.