Marshall and Wilson cited

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Scholar
Initiate

Re: Marshall and Wilson cited

Post by Scholar »

Aaaaanyway! I think there's something in the How do we get Roger a week off theory...
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (186.29 KiB) Viewed 1782 times
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

At least Roger is getting better at getting caught on camera.......
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

It's the hope that kills you.
skiboo
Novice

Post by skiboo »

Has all really gone quiet at Kingspan or have I missed the managements public support for the players who have in my view in recent times caught the wrong end of referees,citing officials,TMO's and linesmen.
What a way to provide support for your players.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

skiboo wrote:Has all really gone quiet at Kingspan or have I missed the managements public support for the players who have in my view in recent times caught the wrong end of referees,citing officials,TMO's and linesmen.
they have released a rather nice 5 second clip on their FB page I am told showing the one angle of the Marshall incident which shows little or nothing…

maybe they could just defend the cases better at the hearings as other clubs appear to get less punishment for more serious offences.. why is that... is the world against us? or do we not present our cases as well?

Roger gets penalised for striking an invisible man for feck sake..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

Dont understand if theres no appeal.

This nonsense in the sport needs to stop, its getting out of hand. It is a contact sport ffs
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cockatrice wrote:
skiboo wrote:Has all really gone quiet at Kingspan or have I missed the managements public support for the players who have in my view in recent times caught the wrong end of referees,citing officials,TMO's and linesmen.
they have released a rather nice 5 second clip on their FB page I am told showing the one angle of the Marshall incident which shows little or nothing…

maybe they could just defend the cases better at the hearings as other clubs appear to get less punishment for more serious offences.. why is that... is the world against us? or do we not present our cases as well?

So Cockers, you reckon Roger gubbed the invisible man, I take it that his head then clattered into Barclay's nose???? >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:

So Cockers, you reckon Roger gubbed the invisible man, I take it that his head then clattered into Barclay's nose???? >EW
Baggy.... Wilson was reported as having been cited for striking or punching an unknown Scarlets player. No mention is made of Barkley anywhere in the report that I read. If someone can refer me to another article that mentions Barkley by name I would appreciate.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cockatrice wrote:Baggy.... Wilson was reported as having been cited for striking or punching an unknown Scarlets player. No mention is made of Barkley anywhere in the report that I read. If someone can refer me to another article that mentions Barkley by name I would appreciate.
There ya go Cockers.

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,2588 ... 9,00.html?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

I was satisfied with the footage of Barclay on the broad of his back as evidence of who got clipped. Didn't need press confirmation.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Snipe Watson wrote:I was satisfied with the footage of Barclay on the broad of his back as evidence of who got clipped. Didn't need press confirmation.
From the footage available on tv it is actually hard to say if Roger made contact or not with Barclay, it could have been an elbow or even the ball hit Barclay, but you could see Roger taking a bit of a swing perhaps that is the reason ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Ah get it now. So intent only comes into it if you don't actually do anything. If somebody gets hurted then intent doesn't come into it. It's up to each individual to learn how to bend time and avoid accidental collisions.

This whole caper is starting to get on my goat.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Snipe Watson wrote:I was satisfied with the footage of Barclay on the broad of his back as evidence of who got clipped. Didn't need press confirmation.
Snipe... The above footage not only showed Barclay on his back it also showed Roger swinging his arm and making contact with Barclays face. However how does that same evidence then support the citing report that Wilson struck or punched an 'unknown' Scarlets player?

With such clear evidence why was the player 'unknown' for example can you confirm that Wilson wasn't cited for any other incident during the game?
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Strange, I know if I or any of my former team mates took a punch to the gub, there would have been some kind of " reaction" even it it was throwing the hands up in the air with a " what da fûck" look on someone's ugly bake.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Look, both were accidents, both were not red cards, both were not citable. We have been wronged yet again, nothing to do, move on. However I do fear for the game.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!