Shocking Calls

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Shocking Calls

Post by Dave »

rorybestsbigbaldnoggin wrote:Anyone else see the Zane Kirchner non-try against Scarlets this evening?

Ruled out because of off-the-ball play by Ruddock (I think), but the ref and TMO completely ignore Kirchner being tackled by a swinging arm to the head. Wonder will that come up in the citing commissioner's report . . .

Will find a video if I can.
I'd say a Leinster fan will probably go on the Scarlets forum to lecture them about topics for joking, based on an historical assessment, and then remonstrate about the officiating. It's a logical process.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

rorybestsbigbaldnoggin wrote:Anyone else see the Zane Kirchner non-try against Scarlets this evening?

Ruled out because of off-the-ball play by Ruddock (I think), but the ref and TMO completely ignore Kirchner being tackled by a swinging arm to the head. Wonder will that come up in the citing commissioner's report . . .

Some might say Kirchner was lucky to be on the pitch and not to have been yellow carded for his tackle on Priestlands face...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
austintranslation
Novice

Post by austintranslation »

We often see the coaches interviewed at full time. can we not have the officials interviewed as well? I think this would make better viewing than seeing Oakie Doakie gulder on about how brilliant we were in a crap first half.

Can that incident with Hodges and Cannacht not be classed as match-fixing? Can he not be expelled or politly told to pesh aff as he won't be reffin any more matches?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cockatrice wrote:

Some might say Kirchner was lucky to be on the pitch and not to have been yellow carded for his tackle on Priestlands face...
Tackle on shoulder

So 52 week ban coming
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Russ wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:

Tackle on shoulder

So 52 week ban coming
Won't be cited.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
KevDP4L
Novice

Post by KevDP4L »

Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

KevDP4L wrote:Shocking calls you say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCY6_iyOP5I
Thats hilarious but frightening at the same time. I can't understand why the defending team just sucked it up. >crazy1
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cockatrice wrote:

I'll make that statement Cockers. What's more even Shaggy the :cyclopsani: :mexican: thought it was 'borderline'.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Once a Knight wrote:

Don't get it. What is your point?
I think his point is, it is a shocking call!
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

The try was disallowed because he lost the ball over the line and they went back to the taking the man out without the ball. So even if he hadn't coughed it up it was going to be called back anyway.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

All depends on the question the TMO gets asked...

Just going upstairs to check the grounding!

Neglected to ask by whom

Lol
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Dave wrote:
Once a Knight wrote:

Think that wins for me.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

It's an own try...
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

It's the team that is defending placing the ball back over the try line for his team mate to clear. The tmo thinks it is the yellow team. There is a bit of yellow on his sleeve but no excuse shocking call!
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Once a Knight wrote:
bazzaj wrote:
Dave wrote:
Once a Knight wrote:

Think that wins for me.
It may win for you but I watched it and I don't understand his point. What was a shocking call? Really don't understand. Maybe I'm stupid.
Ball set back by the defensive team on their own line... The referee awards a try belilving the ball was placed by the offensive team.... Definitely the worse TMO decision I have ever seen.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU