Who was your UlsterMOTM vs Cardiff Blues?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Who was your UlsterMOTM vs Cardiff Blues?

L Ludik
42%
C Gilroy
No votes
D Cave
No votes
S Olding
No votes
M Allen
1%
P Jackson
3%
R Pienaar
No votes
C Black
1%
R Herring
20%
W Herbst
1%
D Tuohy
1%
F Van der Merwe
No votes
I Henderson
17%
C Ross
No votes
N Williams
7%
J Andrew
No votes
A Warwick
No votes
B Ross
No votes
R Diack
No votes
P Marshall
No votes
I Humphreys
3%
R Scholes
1%

Total votes: 69

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Who was your UlsterMOTM vs Cardiff Blues?

Post by Rooster »

Between Ludik and Herring, hard to say as both excellent in their own way.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

>Off_Topic_Man BUT, am I alone in thinking Rory Scholes shows a fair bit more on the wing than Micky?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Scholes is an excellent prospect. He's also bulked up considerably. Before his injury, one of his brace against Exeter was a thing of beauty. Weve some great young back talent, but Hendo and AW aside, feck all homegrown young forwards.
Exterminate all rational thought
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Easily Ludik and Red just behind. Hendo drifts in and out but benefits from game time. I hope theres no serious issue with RW, but we need to get shot of FNW. I suspect he'll get a citing and ban anyway for recklessness. maybe we need to start blooding the likes of Dow and Donnan
Exterminate all rational thought
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BaggyTrousers wrote:>Off_Topic_Man BUT, am I alone in thinking Rory Scholes shows a fair bit more on the wing than Micky?
To quote Michael Jackson "Yooouu are NAT aloooone!!", yeah he looked a real handful last night. Monkey Allen is a centre primarily in my view not a natural winger but does a grand job there. AAT the pundit said Allen and Ludik are quite similar, very direct players with deceptive strength and they both love the leg drive.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

Herring was immense

Can understand why Jackson got it for the miss pass for Gilroys try alone, considering it was his first game back
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
Hans Indaruck
Squire

Post by Hans Indaruck »

I too thought Scholes was excellent - put in some great hits defensively and has a great turn of pace. Herring was everywhere and really is the No 2 of first choice in waiting - we must hold on to him! Herbst was solid as ever - hopefully he has only a twinge as is not badly hurt as we will need him for the run in. Allen, of whom I am not a fan as a winger, played exceptionally well in the centre - looked to be hobbling quite badly after the match. But for me the overall Man of the Match was Ludik - he was solid in defence, always made yards going forward, and took his chances well - Louis Ludik you are my Guinness Pro 12 Man of the Match!
Hope is not a strategy.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Ludik or Henderson. Either or, both were very good.

Honourable mention for Robbie Diack. Came on and gave us some go forward ball when we seemed to be struggling a bit.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Only 1 man for it

Only 13 in Ireland

D Cave
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Ludi didn't put a foot wrong - delighted that he's showing what a good player he is. Scholes tackled his heart out, Mickey left nothing on the pitch, great to have Jackson back - he played well ..... however

For me watching a second time - Herring was incredible - his work rate was awesome, I expect next year to be his break through with Ireland - he was some investment ... but he was just shaded by Hendo - Baby Face is a machine, he NEVER fails to make ground be it an inch or yards, he destroys rucks (the 'canon' he hit to use another Blues player to sit the scrum half on his hoop will live long in Fleg memory), and his presence cant be undervalued - he can change a game, he is box office and he is a 6!!!!!
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

ruckover wrote:Ludik or Henderson. Either or, both were very good.

Honourable mention for Robbie Diack. Came on and gave us some go forward ball when we seemed to be struggling a bit.
He also broke a few tackles, which we've not seen a lot of either.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cornerfleg wrote:Ludi didn't put a foot wrong - delighted that he's showing what a good player he is. Scholes tackled his heart out, Mickey left nothing on the pitch, great to have Jackson back - he played well ..... however

For me watching a second time - Herring was incredible - his work rate was awesome, I expect next year to be his break through with Ireland - he was some investment ... but he was just shaded by Hendo - Baby Face is a machine, he NEVER fails to make ground be it an inch or yards, he destroys rucks (the 'canon' he hit to use another Blues player to sit the scrum half on his hoop will live long in Fleg memory), and his presence cant be undervalued - he can change a game, he is box office and he is a 6!!!!!
I'd concur with all of that. I think I've seen Hendo doing that before, but last night it was perfect. His explosive power is a thing to behold. Start him at 8 anyone?
Scholes strikes me as an ATT type of physical player, ARS if you will. He is 'busy' in both attack and defence. He showed signs of that before his injury lay off and is picking up where he left off.
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

Which four Richards voted for FNW?????
Bo***cks to Brexit
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Hans Indaruck wrote:I too thought Scholes was excellent - put in some great hits defensively and has a great turn of pace. Herring was everywhere and really is the No 2 of first choice in waiting - we must hold on to him! Herbst was solid as ever - hopefully he has only a twinge as is not badly hurt as we will need him for the run in. Allen, of whom I am not a fan as a winger, played exceptionally well in the centre - looked to be hobbling quite badly after the match. But for me the overall Man of the Match was Ludik - he was solid in defence, always made yards going forward, and took his chances well - Louis Ludik you are my Guinness Pro 12 Man of the Match!
Allen was decent on the night and got a really unlucky bad bounce when he might have scored, my only complaint was his wendyballist appeal when he might just still have scored if he forgot the theatrical appeal. My apparent judging of him was purely that I think Scholes has more about him on the wing.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rocky wrote:Which four Richards voted for FNW?????
Everyone's a feckin' comedian here Rocky - well 4 anyway. >EW