Mexico, 24th April

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Re: Mexico, 24th April

Post by Setanta »

No, I learnt to use a 4 x 2 very effectively.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

Setanta wrote:No, I learnt to use a 4 x 2 very effectively.

HA

Becaue "4x2" is how Rumn pronounces "2x4" . . .
It's the hope that kills you.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Heaslip winning his 200th Leinster cap tomorrow night, I'll applaud that. >appl >appl >appl

BY the way, a 2 x 4 actually measures 1.5 x 3.5. I think it shrunk when decimalisation came in in 1971. :lol: :lol: :lol: All manner of charlatans used decimalisation to impoverish us, it hasn't stopped since.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Heaslip is a great player but hopefully not tomorrow.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

As long a Heaslip doesn't disrupt our driving maul in the corners Ill applaud him all night. I expect a few of those against a fatigued pack. Hence Rory best anytime try scorer 8/1 p power >EW
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Heaslip winning his 200th Leinster cap tomorrow night, I'll applaud that. >appl >appl >appl

BY the way, a 2 x 4 actually measures 1.5 x 3.5. I think it shrunk when decimalisation came in in 1971. :lol: :lol: :lol: All manner of charlatans used decimalisation to impoverish us, it hasn't stopped since.
Poor old Bags has never got over the dumping of cubits, spans and groats, never mind perches, poles and rods.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Maybe we should leave a few beds around the side of the pitch, for the leinster players to get some shut eye.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dave wrote:Maybe we should leave a few beds around the side of the pitch, for the leinster players to get some shut eye.
Leinster always have beds on the wrong side
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

Russ wrote:Weak at 13
You're as bad as those fish people.
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Heaslip winning his 200th Leinster cap tomorrow night, I'll applaud that. >appl >appl >appl

Speak fer yerself. Mine's full size.
(Or so Mrs Legs tells me.)

As for the shrinkage in 1971.... I'm not sure I want to know.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

We really do owe this lot a good pasting. They have inflicted some serious misery on us in recent years and at times it's seemed like our lads cower before the lads from the d4tress ( :lol: ).

Just get all up in their face and beat them Ulster please.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

rorybestsbigbaldnoggin wrote:
Corvus corax wrote:LEINSTER:

15.Rob Kearney - 100 minutes
14. Zane Kirchner - 39 minutes
13. Ben Te'o - 100 minutes
12. Gordon D'Arcy - 10 minutes
11. Luke Fitzgerald - 100 minutes
10. Jimmy Gopperth - 100 minutes
9. Isaac Boss - 66 minutes

1. Cian Healy - 66 minutes
2. Richardt Strauss - 34 minutes
3. Mike Ross - 57 minutes
4. Devin Toner - 100 minutes
5. Mike McCarthy - 91 minutes
6. Sean O'Brien - 100 minutes
7. Dominic Ryan - not sure
8. Jamie Heaslip CAPTAIN - 100 minutes

16. Sean Cronin - 66 minutes
17. Jack McGrath - 34 minutes
18. Tadhg Furlong - 0 minutes
19. Ben Marshall - 9 minutes
20. Jordi Murphy - not sure
21. Eoin Reddan - 34 minutes
22. Ian Madigan - 95 minutes
23. Darragh Fanning - 0 minutes
Minutes played 5 days before this match.

Blitz them.
I agree but we have to do it from the off and not allow them to settle.
It will be close but I think SOB is the real key for them as he has recaptured his form of late but I am hoping he is feeling the effects of his superative efforts against Toulon when he was the best player on the pitch by a distance, in my view.
They possess quality everywhere with a strong bench but I am not being lulled into thinking that they will not be up for the fight as they love beating us which is motivation in itself.
One thing I will say is that we will have to go up several gears from how we have played of late to get a result but we have the side to do it.
Its 50/50 at this point and I am hoping the home advantage will tilt it in our favour.
Jim W
Novice

Post by Jim W »

rumncoke wrote:If asked for odds I would have Leinster at 11/10 on and Ulster at evens...
While Ulster in my opinion have the better back line to be effective Ulster must get into the Leinster half and there lies the crux of Ulster's problem which is why I have made Leinster favourites to win.
I'd concur with the view above but the actual odds just now are:

Ulster: 4/6 in one place (Stan James), 4/7 widely and 4/9 widely;
Mexico: 15/8 in one place (Bet365), 6/4 widely;
The draw: 22/1 (Bet365), 20s widely.

Ulster holds a four point advantage according to the handicappers.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Leinster lose and they're out, that's all the motivation they need, it should also be all the motivation that Ulster need knowing that a victory will almost certainly consign Leinster to 5th spot, as for the fitness levels can't see it being a problem they're Irish internationals who play back to back games in the 6Ns which are even more intense than HC games. Not confident at all, I have seen nothing this season from this team players and coaches that makes me think otherwise and I really do hate saying it.....
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

scrum5 wrote:Leinster lose and they're out, that's all the motivation they need, it should also be all the motivation that Ulster need knowing that a victory will almost certainly consign Leinster to 5th spot, as for the fitness levels can't see it being a problem they're Irish internationals who play back to back games in the 6Ns which are even more intense than HC games. Not confident at all, I have seen nothing this season from this team players and coaches that makes me think otherwise and I really do hate saying it.....
Yet we are 10 points ahead of Leinster in what has been an awful season for them which has included the Dragons doing the double over them as one of the lowlights.
SOB`s absence left a chasm in their squad as Chris Henry`s did with us and their respective recent returns have made a massive difference to each side.
This has a one off cup final feel about it but hopefully not too much so as we always lose the big pressure games to them.