Who was your UlsterMOTM vs Leinster?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Who was your UlsterMOTM vs Leinster?

L Ludik
3%
T Bowe
No votes
J Payne
No votes
D Cave
No votes
C Gilroy
1%
P Jackson
7%
R Pienaar
6%
C Black
No votes
R Bes
No votes
W Herbst
No votes
D Tuohy
3%
F Van der Merwe
8%
I Henderson
70%
C Henry
No votes
R Wilson
No votes
R Herring
No votes
A Warwick
No votes
B Ross
No votes
R Diack
No votes
C Ross
No votes
P Marshall
No votes
I Humphreys
1%
S McCloskey
No votes

Total votes: 71

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Who was your UlsterMOTM vs Leinster?

Post by Rooster »

Redhandoff wrote:Henderson v close 2nd van der Merwe....I don't think Van der Merwe gets the credit he deserves at times.
Neither Franco or LuLu get the credit they deserve, Jihad had his best match yet at 13, works well with Cave at 12then when opposition get tired McCloskey is a real handful.
Hendo was an animal though tonight.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Luke Fitzgerald
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

It is probably the easiest MOTM ever as Hendo was, by a considerable distance, clearly the best player on the pitch.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Brian O'Driscoll
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Ludik was excellent. Steady under shytey conditions, and a constant threat. Scrum good too. Comfortable despite the much vaunted Bloos front row. Gilroy for RWC ahead Zebo the zero. Hendo monumental though.
Exterminate all rational thought
Colin0395
Novice

Post by Colin0395 »

Just watched the match on iPlayer. Hendo was immense. Also thought Payne had a good game at 13
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

I'm happy to stick with Zebo for the World Cup and Gilly to stay with Ulster
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Franco Van the Man - ruled the airwaves!
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Deraless wrote:Brian O'Driscoll
Has he given council kn the game yet?

26000 to speak in Ulster
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Neil F wrote:Appreciate the dedication to the underground for the hipsters not voting for Henderson but, seriously...
Good to see you back Neil.

I have no problem with Hendo he was superb, however I voted Franco, for two reasons. 1) so many have underestimated him as a signing and he has been brilliant, most lineout takes in the league, barely missed a minute, must be the hardest working 2nd row in rugby. Clowns should remember he was suggested by Johann, that's good enough for me. 2) I thought that was his best game for Ulster, superb throughout.

Paddy Jackson was quality, his passing is what puts him a mile ahead of the other Irish 10s barring Sexton, injury stricken this year but right on cue coming good at the right time.

Ruan, I joked to friends after the game that nobody ever thinks of him as MOTM anymore for he just keeps doing what we expect and the rest weeks recently appear to have done him the world of good. Looked fresh & back on top of his game & with some help from Ginger Prince ran the game.

Cave & Payne as a centre partnership? A wise man of my acquaintance suggested he liked it before the game and was greeted with stony silence by all. He is right of course, it's just we mainly feel both guys are better in different jumpers.

Gilly, great support line & plenty to do for his try, really good to see him back in great scoring form at the right time.

Roger Wilson, Roger has had a very good year on the pitch, he made two bruising tackles early in the second half, one that nearly killed Toner, and I reckon he came close right then to letting the Mexicans know it wasn't a game they were winning. G'wan Roger. :thumleft:

Hendo was superb, a man apart and with Roger he is helping Chad back into the play after his break, Chad also coming into good form - anyone notice a recurring theme? - it is not insignificant that SOB who was a terror to Ulster until 2 or 3 years ago had the quietest of nights barring his card.

Yet again the front row were commendable as a group against more vaunted props & a couple of Rory's international underlings. Couple of tragically bad throws but Rory around the pitch is good as any playing.

That was a very mature win, I was in a state of high dudgeon after 8 minutes and 0-10, to play the next 72 minutes and nil Mexico and put 26 on them was a sight to see, tired or not - them, not me.

No point in getting ahead of ourselves but we all know, that this was a game we feared even though on the face of it we had all the advantages. Despite their average season, Mexico have more bonus points than any other team, last night they never looked like getting on after halftime.

That will be a great result for Ulster confidence. All things are possible. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Question: Who looked the better fullback last night? 2 time lion and international freckled sunbed botherer, or "journeyman" former D2 squad filler Saffer.......?
Exterminate all rational thought
exile-fer-now
Novice

Post by exile-fer-now »

Doaky - well done. One of our own, has had to cope with injuries and call ups; made mistakes in his first year but a true Ulsterman. I'm a supporter not just a fan.

"If you can keep your head, while all around are losing theirs ......."
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

BaggyTrousers wrote: That was a very mature win, I was in a state of high dudgeon after 8 minutes and 0-10, to play the next 72 minutes and nil Mexico and put 26 on them was a sight to see, tired or not - them, not me.
A mature win indeed, Baggy. Leinster are never anything less than formidable and we outplayed and outmuscled them. If it had just been in the last quarter, tiredness could have been the reason but for us to come back from 10 - 0 down to lead at half time was maybe enough to do the business psychologically. Where was our third quarter doze? Nowhere to be seen. For me that's what made it a mature performance.

Anybody know what George Hook had to say about the game?
Hans Indaruck
Squire

Post by Hans Indaruck »

Great team performance all round. VDM, Lulu, Gillers and Nugget were all outstanding but Hendo was a cut above - he just seems to get better and better!
Hope is not a strategy.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

I've no issues with Hendo(the 6) getting motm, he is a weapon and I'm a huge fan, I think once again Franco was brilliant, not generally appreciated but has played more than any other player. Ludi was class, Jacko is developing into a seriously good 10, he us now making the right decisions the majority of the time.
In fact the whole team were immense - that was one superb game if rugby to witness, Leinster came to play... Hat doffed...

But for me in the last 20/25 minutes Ruan started to purr he took charge and a few moments of sheer genius gets my vote.

Special mention to Gillers tackle in the 77 minute summed up for me an attitude I have longed to see for ages...

Hendo is Gandolf... Though shall not pass... Although that name could also go to SOB... But this time for handling skills!!!!
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"