Ulster v Munster

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Meg The Lab
Novice

Ulster v Munster

Post by Meg The Lab »

Countdown is on for what possibly could be the last home game of the season. On the other hand we could well have three home games left.

If we thought the game against Leinster was going to be tense this one goes miles beyond. I firmly believe we have the team to beat them. We have witnessed two great team performances this year at Ravenhill, one against Leicester (which was really a dead rubber) and the other against Leinster. There can be no lack of concentration during this game whatsoever.

Big improvement needed in the accuracy of the lineouts from what happened against Leinster and I don't think Rory was totally to blame for misfire there.

Once again we need to boss the breakdown and win the battle of the forwards. This is going to be an intriguing game. Any idea who the ref is going to be yet?
I've just swallowed a whole bag of scrabble squares. My next visit to the toilet could spell trouble.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster v Munster

Post by againstthehead »

Home turf should mean a home win but Munster can be very good on their day. Quietly confident.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

I expect 5 points
bangorboy
Steward

Post by bangorboy »

Meg The Lab wrote:Countdown is on for what possibly could be the last home game of the season. On the other hand we could well have three home games left.

If we thought the game against Leinster was going to be tense this one goes miles beyond. I firmly believe we have the team to beat them. We have witnessed two great team performances this year at Ravenhill, one against Leicester (which was really a dead rubber) and the other against Leinster. There can be no lack of concentration during this game whatsoever.

Big improvement needed in the accuracy of the lineouts from what happened against Leinster and I don't think Rory was totally to blame for misfire there.

Once again we need to boss the breakdown and win the battle of the forwards. This is going to be an intriguing game. Any idea who the ref is going to be yet?
I think our best performance of the year was against Glasgow - they were on a run of form - looking unbeatable - we destroyed them.
Nevin Spence - Forever an Ulsterman
10 or 15 only
Initiate

Post by 10 or 15 only »

Taken from "Munsterfans",

Irish times report today that only 1200 of Munster's ticket allocation was bought: "Ulster fans will outnumber Munster supporters by a factor of 15 to one on Saturday week when the sides meet in their pivotal Pro12 match in Kingspan Stadium in Belfast.Munster returned 500 tickets from their allocation of 1,700, which means all but 1,200 tickets for the match will be in Ulster hands. The stadium has a capacity of just over 18,000."
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

As ever, it'll depend if our pack fronts up to theirs. They've an excellent back 5 in the pack. If Archer starts we should fill our boots scrumtime, if the refs up to his folding. Believe BJ will start tho, purely for some stability. We know what's coming from their 8, but our backs man for man, beat them out the gate, Murray and Earls excepted. Zebo? Don't make me laugh. Be great if this was the final, but could well be the s/f depending on how we go at Weegies.
The back row contest will be monumental. All 3 match ups intriguing and games within games. 2 probably for RWC pecking order.
Nothing, and I mean nothing, beats a meaningful game against Turnips, not even Mexico. Always my biggest games of the season by far. Defeat would be unacceptable. Respect but no fear, either here or in Turnipstan. If they win, then they'll have earned it.
Bring on the choir and the fat lady......
Exterminate all rational thought
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

10 or 15 only wrote:Taken from "Munsterfans",

Irish times report today that only 1200 of Munster's ticket allocation was bought: "Ulster fans will outnumber Munster supporters by a factor of 15 to one on Saturday week when the sides meet in their pivotal Pro12 match in Kingspan Stadium in Belfast.Munster returned 500 tickets from their allocation of 1,700, which means all but 1,200 tickets for the match will be in Ulster hands. The stadium has a capacity of just over 18,000."
1200 still a decent turnout, given the distance from Louth, West Belfast, D4 etc... :duck:
Seriously, kudos, considering Mexico only brought a few hundred, and they are only down the road. Don't think we had more than a couple of hundred in the return fixture, although was it not a Friday night? Saturday defo a better day for travelling fans. Look at Westies. We had a few thousand there., despite the distance. Although Galway is not Stab City :stir: :cheers:
Anyway, they'll be spoiling and up for some banter no doubt, if we can understand them, and vice-versa. :lol:
A turnips/ todgers final would be great for Pro12 IMO. :red: :red:
Exterminate all rational thought
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Russ wrote:I expect 5 points
Let's hope Munster don't get any more than 3 then >EW
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Borderlord
Novice

Post by Borderlord »

againstthehead wrote:Home turf should mean a home win but Munster can be very good on their day. Quietly confident.
I'm inclined to agree ATH.

On a more personal level, my prospective son in law is a Munster man which is all the more reason for hoping for a rout.
Relax lads, it's only a game.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Nigel Owens just confirmed he's reffing the Ulster V Munster game on Saturday,
Last edited by scrum5 on Mon May 04, 2015 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

scrum5 wrote:Nigel Owens just confirmed he's reffing the Ulster V Munster game on Saturday,
...we should buy him a cake to celebrate.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

scrum5 wrote:Nigel Owens just confirmed he's reffing the Ulster V Munster game on Saturday
Nige is a Munster fan & has recently given Ulster feck all, that said its miles better than getting a clown like Dudley DoRight.

This has win written all over it. I don't, to quote a Bushism, misunderestimate Moonster, it's just that as long as Ruan is free of his moonboot I know we are a better allround team.

They have an average to weak front row, we have an average to strong front row, ours need to show they are better. They have Paulie, we have two very strong 2nd rows, I was chatting to an old Glaws fan at the weekend who still regrets that they let Dan leave them, & though they have strength & pace in their back row, we have Chad & Hendo FFS and Roger has been consistently good almost all season.

They have a very good 9, we've a great one, 10 isn't even close & Paddy's passing at present is utterly magnificent, our wingers are stronger as are our centres, Darren & Payne could slice & dice them & I'd take Ludik over the boy Jones every day.

It's practically unloseable. If we bring intensity from the off this time, you do not want to be 10 down after 8 minutes in this game. If Munster are to win, I can only see it in a tight game where we don't play to anything like potential, however I can see us put them on their holes if we turn up with our pointy heads on ready to play from the KO.

The front row could go a long way to dominating the game. I also see our injury crisis as now having the effect that lots of our better players are fresh and bursting to play, like wee Paddy who is now looking very good again.

Sorry Shan ould haun', just the way I see it. >EW There will be dancing in the streets of Rathgael. :lol: :lol: :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Is Johann in Belfast this week coaching maul defence?
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
scrum5 wrote:Nigel Owens just confirmed he's reffing the Ulster V Munster game on Saturday
Nige is a Munster fan & has recently given Ulster feck all, that said its miles better than getting a clown like Dudley DoRight.

This has win written all over it. I don't, to quote a Bushism, misunderestimate Moonster, it's just that as long as Ruan is free of his moonboot I know we are a better allround team.

They have an average to weak front row, we have an average to strong front row, ours need to show they are better. They have Paulie, we have two very strong 2nd rows, I was chatting to an old Glaws fan at the weekend who still regrets that they let Dan leave them, & though they have strength & pace in their back row, we have Chad & Hendo FFS and Roger has been consistently good almost all season.

They have a very good 9, we've a great one, 10 isn't even close & Paddy's passing at present is utterly magnificent, our wingers are stronger as are our centres, Darren & Payne could slice & dice them & I'd take Ludik over the boy Jones every day.

It's practically unloseable. If we bring intensity from the off this time, you do not want to be 10 down after 8 minutes in this game. If Munster are to win, I can only see it in a tight game where we don't play to anything like potential, however I can see us put them on their holes if we turn up with our pointy heads on ready to play from the KO.

The front row could go a long way to dominating the game. I also see our injury crisis as now having the effect that lots of our better players are fresh and bursting to play, like wee Paddy who is now looking very good again.

Sorry Shan ould haun', just the way I see it. >EW There will be dancing in the streets of Rathgael. :lol: :lol: :lol:
This is spot on Bagster but the only way I can see us losing is through indiscipline.
By that I mean giving away penalties, losing players along with our defensive shape.
Other than that I believe we can dominate them in every area including the tight.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:
1200 still a decent turnout, given the distance from Louth, West Belfast, D4 etc... :duck:
Seriously, kudos, considering Mexico only brought a few hundred, and they are only down the road. Don't think we had more than a couple of hundred in the return fixture, although was it not a Friday night? Saturday defo a better day for travelling fans. Look at Westies. We had a few thousand there., despite the distance. Although Galway is not Stab City :stir: :cheers:
Anyway, they'll be spoiling and up for some banter no doubt, if we can understand them, and vice-versa. :lol:
A turnips/ todgers final would be great for Pro12 IMO. :red: :red:

Cheeky wee shíte ya. :D

A few here saying it is a bit of an ask to head up to Ravenhill for this and again for the final. May sound presumptuous but shur ya have to believe or ya may as well give up. Can't go myself unfortunately.

Don't worry about understanding each other- Ya'd swear we were from a different country or something.... :D

Agreed though - It would be a great final.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.