Who was your UlsterMOTM vs Glasgow?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Louis Ludik
3%
Rory Scholes
No votes
Sam Arnold
10%
Ruan Pienaar
No votes
Stuart McCloskey
10%
Tommy Bowe
No votes
Michael Allen
No votes
Ian Humphreys
No votes
Paddy Jackson
3%
Paul Marshall
27%
Andrew Warwick
No votes
Kyle McCall
No votes
Rob Herring
3%
Ricky Lutton
No votes
Bronson Ross
No votes
Lewis Stevenson
No votes
Franco van der Merwe
No votes
Iain Henderson
10%
Roger Wilson
No votes
Clive Ross
3%
Chris Henry
23%
Robbie Diack
7%

Total votes: 30

fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

aaaaah, well, only to be expected.
Who was yer man o the match?
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Who was your UlsterMOTM vs Glasgow?

Post by Russ »

Rory Best
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Only managed to hear the match on the radio so a bit of a guess really. Gusher seemed seemed to be saying good things about Marshall. May as well give him a bit of encouragement.
standup-ravers
Novice

Post by standup-ravers »

young Arnold caught the eye, has pace, vision and loads of workrate, classy...
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Just home from the match - horrible stadium and horrible position in the stadium to watch from and to judge the MotM, but I'm amazed no one has mentioned hendo yet - he was immense.

Was well pleased to watch young Arnold - looks a great prospect. Can't really say on one performance though but for a debut, the boy dun good. Never looked fazed or out of place and on one occasion after play had moved on he was picking himself off the ground when couple of Weegies seemed to think it would be a good idea to rough up the new boy by pushing him back to the ground and giving him a a couple of "taps" while he was isolated - it didn't work as he picked himself up and gave as good as he got as he got back into position to continue the game. Talked plenty to the players either side of him and appears to have a brain for the game.

My vote goes to Hendo with honorable mentions for Arnold, beagle and perhaps surprisingly, Lewis Stevenson who put in a good shift, particularly after FvdM departed.

PS - Big Hairy Monster says hello to everyone :thumleft:

PPS - comment about the stadium being horrible doesn't apply to the Weegie fans who populate it - they were dead on. Decent folk, but how I pity them having to watch in that stadium every other week. S'pose compared with what they've been used to it looks pretty though.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Hans Indaruck
Squire

Post by Hans Indaruck »

Hendo was, of course excellent as ever. However, Robbie Diack did a huge amount of work and put in some thumping tackles, but over the course of the whole match I thought beagle put in one of his best and most consistent performances for some time - and some superb defensive work - he gets my vote.
Hope is not a strategy.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I'm torn, like a wet tissue. I thought Chad was coming back nicely to what we expect, he relieved Strauss of the ball for one turnover, like candy from a bambino and was putting himself about, Diack was tolerable, thought Ricky Lutton did much better than we had any right to expect, but I thought the entire game would depend on smallp not being a chube and in fairness he did rightly.

Hendo however was by a large wallop the most impressive thing on the pitch.

The result was not at all bad given a loon at 10, no threequarter line to speak of, certainly wingers carrying as much as no threat, a forgotten man at TH, a scandalously underused Loosie, Big Lurch doing a passable impersonation of a 2nd row, the anonymous Corkman (how does a Corkman end up being called "Clive" as I asked 2 of his cousins last week?) & the saftest Saffer partnering Chad.

No team at all, but I'd bet I was not the only one thinking after 50 something minutes, "oi, this is going well".
Last edited by BaggyTrousers on Sun May 17, 2015 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Harold7
Warrior

Post by Harold7 »

Marshall had a good game but Henry was everywhere, winning turnovers and making tackle after tackle so he gets my vote. Hendy had a good 40 or 50 minutes, although he did drop the ball over the line. Ludik was good too.

Special mention to Sam Arnold, he looks the part, strikes me as a serious prospect. Another bloody centre, although the fact he has got a look in at all this season shows you can never have enough good players.