Glasgow citings

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

kUD
Novice

Glasgow citings

Post by kUD »

Did anyone notice the Glasgow #20 dropping his knee on Henderson just after the Hogg try (55:48 I think). If he got cited, presumably that disrupts their preparations for next week
kUD
Novice

Re: Glasgow citings

Post by kUD »

It was 55:45 first one and a second go 2 seconds later just for good message. Very deliberate looking to me.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

There were a few knee incidents during the match. Hogg also dropped the knee on someone too.

Saying that though, I doubt there will be citings.
Tazz #15
Initiate

Post by Tazz #15 »

There was a couple of bits of play from Glasgow players I recall questioning at the time, this being one of them, but wasn't sure if I was just getting a bit carried away in the heat of the moment. Knowing our luck Hendo will probably be cited for taking the knee like a man instead of giving the commissioner grounds for a reasonable citing.
OneMore
Warrior Chief

Post by OneMore »

kUD wrote:It was 55:45 first one and a second go 2 seconds later just for good message. Very deliberate looking to me.
Very much deliberate, but absolutely not a red card offence, therefore not citing material. Nothing in it that doesn't happen 20 times a game.
Alister Scott
Steward

Post by Alister Scott »

kUD wrote:Did anyone notice the Glasgow #20 dropping his knee on Henderson just after the Hogg try (55:48 I think). If he got cited, presumably that disrupts their preparations for next week
Clutching at straws to get any advantage possible?????

not the Ulster way, old chap! :oops:
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Alister Scott wrote:
kUD wrote:Did anyone notice the Glasgow #20 dropping his knee on Henderson just after the Hogg try (55:48 I think). If he got cited, presumably that disrupts their preparations for next week
Clutching at straws to get any advantage possible?????

not the Ulster way, old chap! :oops:
It may not be the Ulster Way, but it is the sort of underhand trick the Scots would stoop to.

With a Scottish citing officer looking at a match with a Scottish team I fear that any talk of a GLASGOW citing is all a bit of a RED HERRING! :evil:

I fear it is us who will have our preparation disrupted and Rory will be preparing to last a full 80 minutes on Friday!
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Mentioned it before but kind of ignored, what will happen when the citing commissioner has the power to issue a warning during a game, effectively a yellow card. Is this going to far?
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Tazz #15
Initiate

Post by Tazz #15 »

Kofi Annan wrote:Mentioned it before but kind of ignored, what will happen when the citing commissioner has the power to issue a warning during a game, effectively a yellow card. Is this going to far?
Well we can only hope that, if it does come to that Kofi, we can have properly independent citing commissioners!
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Tazz #15 wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:Mentioned it before but kind of ignored, what will happen when the citing commissioner has the power to issue a warning during a game, effectively a yellow card. Is this going to far?
Well we can only hope that, if it does come to that Kofi, we can have properly independent citing commissioners!
Define independent?
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Tazz #15
Initiate

Post by Tazz #15 »

Citing commissioners from a neutral union, that being a different Union from those represented on the pitch, who will have nothing but the good of the competition at heart. No personal, regional, provincial or national agendas.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Tazz #15 wrote:Citing commissioners from a neutral union, that being a different Union from those represented on the pitch, who will have nothing but the good of the competition at heart. No personal, regional, provincial or national agendas.
Does the pro12 not try to do that when possible?
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Would any be really neutral then? We play teams from each of the Six Nations. Will we get SANZAR onboard?

I'm saying that it shouldn't matter what union makes the decision. They should all be fair.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

We need proper world wide protocols instead of each union doing their own thing. World Rugby need to wake up to their responsibilities to run the global professionally. Take all the vested interests and subjectivity out of the process. The R&A have "Decisions on the Rules of Golf". It's all there in writing and totally transparent. There also needs to be a chain of accountability whereby these ridiculously inconsistent rulings and penalties are brought into some kind of reasonable conformity.
Too many amateurs with too much say in the professional game.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Kofi Annan wrote:
Tazz #15 wrote:Citing commissioners from a neutral union, that being a different Union from those represented on the pitch, who will have nothing but the good of the competition at heart. No personal, regional, provincial or national agendas.
Does the pro12 not try to do that when possible?
No, the standard procedure is that the referee is neutral or from the country of the away team. The assistant referees, citing commissioner and TMO are all always from the home team's country.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.