Well done Glasgow

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Well done Glasgow

Post by big mervyn »

Russ wrote:Was there booze in the family stand?
There were blues in the family stand.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Visited twice last year once refused in with a beer when not thinking accepted excuse that it s family non drinking stand. Next time everyone around me was bringing beer in and event sec didn't care. If someone was smoking very simple case of removal so not sure why people can't speak up... At last Munster match walked into toilets and Munster fan was pissing in the hand basin and there wasn't even many there... He laughed it off as good enough for us.

What did these Ulster fans shout?

As for gaps yes too many in the main stand and the gap grew considerably at half time.. I hear UR will be recruiting a company next year aimed at filling seats when empty as they do at the oscars...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

PoC plays in the 22 either end of the pitch between the 22 s he coasts now .

Since only about 20% of the game is played inside 22 he like bull Hayes before him fringes play 80 % of the game .
Yes he catches the eye with effort in the 22 but that's fine at Pro 12 but at International level ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

rumncoke wrote:PoC plays in the 22 either end of the pitch between the 22 s he coasts now .

Since only about 20% of the game is played inside 22 he like bull Hayes before him fringes play 80 % of the game .
Yes he catches the eye with effort in the 22 but that's fine at Pro 12 but at International level ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RBS 6 Nations player of the year
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Shows what a good coaching ticket can do!
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Cockatrice wrote:
Visited twice last year once refused in with a beer when not thinking accepted excuse that it s family non drinking stand. Next time everyone around me was bringing beer in and event sec didn't care. If someone was smoking very simple case of removal so not sure why people can't speak up... At last Munster match walked into toilets and Munster fan was pissing in the hand basin and there wasn't even many there... He laughed it off as good enough for us.

What did these Ulster fans shout?

As for gaps yes too many in the main stand and the gap grew considerably at half time.. I hear UR will be recruiting a company next year aimed at filling seats when empty as they do at the oscars...
17,057 was the figure on the PRO12 site.

Smoking on the terrace doesn't overly bother me. Just irks me a bit that Eventsec seem to let everything slide, as long as there are no toes on the yella lines or kids hanging wee flegs over the safety barrier
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

wait. I thought it was a sellout at 18000
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Russ wrote:wait. I thought it was a sellout at 18000
There were tickets on sale yesterday morning - memrial terrace and a few in the Family Stand.
Big Neville Southall
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

Cockatrice wrote:
how about Ulster play some rugby worth watching, that would fill seats, save them having to pay the players and a recruiting company.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Joe Schmo wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:
how about Ulster play some rugby worth watching, that would fill seats, save them having to pay the players and a recruiting company.
Steady on there JOE...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

I think the rules in the family stand are different for league and cup games. Then again that could be BS.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

rorybestsbigbaldnoggin wrote:
Beattiespastie wrote:No..... We had our chance and blew it. Glasgow upped their game yesterday and their pace and expansive play was excellent.... Glasgow played at full tilt for the entire game and looked dangerous everytime they went forward. Ulster flatter to deceive and then add lack of discipline to the mix and Glasgow would have beaten us yesterday in my humble opinion. Game management, leadership, good discipline and pace....Glasgow had it all.

On the flip side, if we hadn't fecked up the SF we most likely would have walked that yesterday.
Well done Glasgow the best of a bad bunch.
In a year where the other sides went backwards Glasgow maintained their standards and were deservedly the champs.
Hopefully the other sides can close the gaps next year as there is a widening gap between the top five in the pro 12 and the rest with only Connacht improving.
The most concerning aspect is the widening gap in standard between the pro 12 with the English and French sides.
Only Leinster gave a showing this year in Europe and their efforts adversely affected their league form.
Must do better.
TheElephantMan
Steward

Post by TheElephantMan »

Well done Glasgow played with pride and passion....... :stout:
lw7
Novice

Post by lw7 »

Naiyaravoro is a fascinating signing for next year.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

lw7 wrote:Naiyaravoro is a fascinating signing for next year.
Not for the chube on the Ravenhill PA ...
Big Neville Southall