2015-2016 what's to be done?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Re: 2015-2016 what's to be done?

Post by Kofi Annan »

So good you posted twice :lol:
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Hapax Legomenon
Novice

Post by Hapax Legomenon »

There are a few holes that need to be plugged, but generally this squad is good enough to win the Pro12. My biggest worry is that we still lack depth at half back. After that, we need to keep all 15 on the pitch and play more intelligently.
There can be only one
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Hapax Legomenon wrote:There are a few holes that need to be plugged, but generally this squad is good enough to win the Pro12. My biggest worry is that we still lack depth at half back. After that, we need to keep all 15 on the pitch and play more intelligently.
Hi Hapax, what holes would you fill.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Oooohhhhh
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Kofi Annan wrote:
Hapax Legomenon wrote:There are a few holes that need to be plugged, but generally this squad is good enough to win the Pro12. My biggest worry is that we still lack depth at half back. After that, we need to keep all 15 on the pitch and play more intelligently.
.... and be careful how you phrase your answer - we don't want you repeating yourself!

oh, and welcome to the forum! :thumleft:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

I note that Doak is reported as saying he may introduce drastic steps to tackle indiscipline although obviously stopped short of saying what... Woodward for all his faults was a stickler for discipline and the fact that one careless penalty could cause the loss of a World Cup and would rest with that player. He also had referees involved in all training sessions to ensure players knew what to expect from the game.

Our discipline was better it seems when we had a swim team maybe we need to get back into the water. The above method is over 10 years old and yet for sometime i have thought Ulster still don't plan for the referee.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

I take it we can't get rid of Fat Nick .... ? He's been neutered now by knee tackles, he's virtually pointless even if he stays on the pitch

... As Munster showed at the weekend you could have the ABs playing at 11 - 15 and 1-8 but with dross at 9 and 10 you will struggle to look ordinary.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:
.... and be careful how you phrase your answer - we don't want you repeating yourself!

Herring tends to repeat on me ....
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

You could be waiting a while on Harpo, he's a man of few words, indeed if he's much misunderstood he may only post once.

Anyone know is he made of Lego?

Kofi, I reckon it's probably Rum'n needs his hole plugged. You're welcome. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cockatrice wrote:I note that Doak is reported as saying he may introduce drastic steps to tackle indiscipline although obviously stopped short of saying what... Woodward for all his faults was a stickler for discipline and the fact that one careless penalty could cause the loss of a World Cup and would rest with that player. He also had referees involved in all training sessions to ensure players knew what to expect from the game.

Our discipline was better it seems when we had a swim team maybe we need to get back into the water. The above method is over 10 years old and yet for sometime i have thought Ulster still don't plan for the referee.
Given that ill-discipline actually cost us the league .............. oh ok, we'd have probably found another way to feck it up ...... its not before time that some action be taken.

Whilst he's at it, perhaps he might take some responsibility for Third Quarter Syndrome. Does he speak in hushed tones at halftime to send the lads to sleep? Then again, coming from the Talent Centre of the World, Lisburn, maybe he speaks in tongues. :shock:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cornerfleg wrote:I take it we can't get rid of Fat Nick .... ? He's been neutered now by knee tackles, he's virtually pointless even if he stays on the pitch

... As Munster showed at the weekend you could have the ABs playing at 11 - 15 and 1-8 but with dross at 9 and 10 you will struggle to look ordinary.
Yet Duncan Williams was their only spark on the pitch
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Kofi Annan wrote:
Here Kofi stop picking on the newbie with a loaded question........ >threaten >threaten

Told you it wouldn't last :lol: :lol:
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:

Seconded

Take no auld nonsense from that Kofi biy. The Cap'n will keep you right.......probably
Hapax Legomenon
Novice

Kofi Annan wrote:
9, 10 and 8 would be the areas where I feel we are lightest.
There can be only one
Hapax Legomenon
Novice

Snipe Watson wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:

Seconded

Take no auld nonsense from that Kofi biy. The Cap'n will keep you right.......probably
Cheers :lol: :lol: :lol:
There can be only one