Some one please ... get me interested in the new season!!!

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Some one please ... get me interested in the new season!!!

Post by Cornerfleg »

What's wrong with me ... I currently am more worked up about One Direction splitting up than the approaching new season ... guys your mission if you choose to accept it is convince me we wont get another mediocre Hoofball loads of hot air and spin just above average performances, mandatory injuries, roller-coaster Havers ... just with Kingspan plastered over every bit of it that can be viewed on camera ...

What's going to change to get the juices going ... ?????
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Some one please ... get me interested in the new season!

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

ONE DIRECTION ARE SPLITTING UP??????? :shock:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

I know Captain ... how does one process that sort of information ... The only bit of this news that worries me is that they are going to pursue, ahem the famous ..."solo careers" ... This usually is a springboard to oblivion ... but sadly as we know with a few closer to Ravenhill you can occasionally actually polish a turd ... I live in fear that the subsequent break up will inflict 4 times the amount of Ultrashyte on mankind as is currently being mass produced by these muppets' sound engineers ...
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

I'm concerned I'm much more enthused about Ireland and the RWC than whatever cliched soundbite/ and horse manure emanating from Ravers at present.

I'll be there, as usual as apparently I've developed a penchant for Sado-Masochism but I'm increasingly unenthused.

Having forked up the reddies for my 'Platinum' seats sans any meaningful incentive for having been booking the same seats for the last 18 years and with a less than platinum 'product' on show I do often wonder why bother.

Are they really making that much extra revenue via the 1690 and 1066 suites that it would hit them in the pocket to provide grand stand ticket holders access to it rather than making us traipse down the stairs and back up when we want to lubricate the vocal cords?

Well there's my Monday whinge.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

My advice Fleg - until the 4th September at any rate, is to transfer your allegiance to the home of Irish Rugby, Toemund Park, cultural centre and home of stolen songs & opera singers.

That apart, wait for praper rugby to break out, I always take holidays to miss the pre-season training sessions, they are such dispiriting garbage, best missed by all but the "Ulster til I die" brigade of Bakebookers & Twats.

I was sitting enjoying a crackin' desayuno on Bib Rambla in Granada on Saturday morning when the ould android chimed and there was Fit's marketing department, thanking me for my support the previous evening, when in fact, I'd ascended to Sacromonte to catch some quality guitar playing and chasing my eyes to an angry faced hussy in a tight red dress who kept stamping her feet & tho'in her limbs about manically. Boys oh but she had some shape til her, would put a feckin' horn on a snowman, though almost certainly, she'd have laughed at your best. :lol:

I like a decent bit of Flamenco, not easily found amongst all the standard tat shows, but rewarding when you do, gran pasión de la bailarina de flamenco y el arte de la guitarrista, even if said guitarrista has a perpetual look of constant anguish, like he'd a boil on the shillicks of his ringpiece. :roll:

Buck, if you will sit in the Gods it's simply your choice & a rod you've made for your own back, frankly I find the 2 minute dash from the Memorial Stand for a slash & a refill of stout at halftime, more than satisfactory.

I have to confess that, with all respect to the originator of this thread, that many here appear to have a penchant for exaggerating their dismay at the admittedly gauche efforts to plasticise us into consumers rather than supporters. If I weren't intent on emigration, I'd be there in perpetuity, enjoying what I enjoy & ignoring all else.

As a multicelled creature, descended from the apes, I believe it is within my compass to make of Friday nights what I will & ignore the dollops of bullshite.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:ONE DIRECTION ARE SPLITTING UP??????? :shock:
Are they allowed to split up before the gay one comes out?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Don't worry Fleg, this is not unusual. It's called Post $hitty Season Syndrome. Get a prescription for a large measure of OAK's tighten up syrup. Come to think of it you probably have some in the house somewhere. It's the one with the big red fist on the label. Get a good swally of that down ye and you'll be right as rain.
Last edited by Snipe Watson on Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

Ah it's not really for me so much BT as the chilern and an ageing da who prefers the comfort of a seat for 80 minutes of weekly purgatory. I prefer the prom myself.

That said given the respective suites are rarely more than about a quarter full it would be my opinion they'd be better served creating some decent 'atmosphere' or 'buzz' by inviting the stand dwellers into the bar itself.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

I almost bought tickets to the annual wembley rugby fitba concert
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Snipe Watson wrote:Don't worry Fleg, this is not unusual. It's called Post kitty Season Syndrome. Get a prescription for a large measure of OAK's tighten up syrup. Come to think of it you probably have some in the house somewhere. It's the one with the big red fist on the label. Get a good swally of that down ye and you'll be right as rain.
And to think that you thought he was older and wiser than you! :roll:

Well, you were half right! :duck:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cornerfleg wrote:What's wrong with me ... I currently am more worked up about One Direction splitting up than the approaching new season ... guys your mission if you choose to accept it is convince me we wont get another mediocre Hoofball loads of hot air and spin just above average performances, mandatory injuries, roller-coaster Havers ... just with Kingspan plastered over every bit of it that can be viewed on camera ...

What's going to change to get the juices going ... ?????
Don't get your hoziery in a twist :lol: :lol: :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

I feel your pain, Fleg.

During the summer months I get my sporting fix by heading down to the County Ground in Taunton to watch Zummerzet with the rest of the Cidermen. Inevitably, however, there comes a time at the end of August when the weather is too sh*te for cricket and the rugby is too sh*te to be bothered with.

Roll on September...
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

Feeling resigned to mediocrity, punctuated by occasional flashes of unfulfilled promise, this season.

I really don't want to play Saracens. They're such b@stards, and we're so sh1te. I've still got PTSD from the quarter-final
It's the hope that kills you.
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

rorybestsbigbaldnoggin wrote:Feeling resigned to mediocrity, punctuated by occasional flashes of unfulfilled promise, this season.

I really don't want to play Saracens. They're such b@stards, and we're so sh1te. I've still got PTSD from the quarter-final
This is how I feel in a nutshell.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Away and tighten up the lot of ye........