Ulster team Vs Edinburgh

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Re: Ulster team Vs Edinburgh

Post by therealspratt »

We do have a nasty b'stard in the form of Alan O'Connor but for some reason we refrain from playing him.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

therealspratt wrote:We do have a nasty b'stard in the form of Alan O'Connor but for some reason we refrain from playing him.
Forgot about O'C. Agree, if healthy, we should be giving him a go. Not acceptable. Begs the question why we need Browne. We accumulate filler.
Exterminate all rational thought
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:
therealspratt wrote:We do have a nasty b'stard in the form of Alan O'Connor but for some reason we refrain from playing him.
Forgot about O'C. Agree, if healthy, we should be giving him a go. Not acceptable. Begs the question why we need Browne. We accumulate filler.
Browne was more than useful last week. How do you come to the conclusion that he is filler?
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Snipe Watson wrote:
CIMANFOREVER wrote:
Browne was more than useful last week. How do you come to the conclusion that he is filler?
Browne seems a reasonable acquisition, the best by far of what unfortunately seems to be a bad bunch, on initial impressions a step up from Stevenson and McComb, I would much prefer O'Connor though as he's one of our very few players to have a bit of grit about him. He's also a decent bit younger and in my view with much more room for improvement.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

So - did Bowe and Trimble do enough to book their seats on the RWC plane?
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Ahhhhh I remember the days I was scuffed at for mentioning Sid ....why was LM kicking, can't our new shining light at 10 sorry above average 10 not kick??
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

And I have talked about our lack of back row depth for the same length of time and its actually beyond a joke now
You do not have a competitive back row you don't win games simple as.
Its everything in the modern game.

I didn't even really look at the team sheet just the back row and I coud have written the match report at that point.
Words like disjointed, lack of continuity and phase play will be rubberstamped into the commentaries of our performances if we continue to field back rows like that, friendies or not.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Our backrow is utter dross
Fly Half
Steward

Post by Fly Half »

It's not just the backrow though, it's the forwards in general. Ulster aren't producing them with any regularity. Aside from Henderson who is a freak of nature, there has been precious little evidence of players being developed in the pack. If anything they regress once they're in the setup and then leave and often look half decent somewhere else.
The future isn't what it used to be
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Or perhaps we're just not giving them a chance.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Kofi Annan wrote:Ahhhhh I remember the days I was scuffed at for mentioning Sid ....why was LM kicking, can't our new shining light at 10 sorry above average 10 not kick??
I may have misread the report and can't be assed going back to do so again, but I think I read that LM took over the kicking after our above average 10 went off.

It would appear from what most have reported, in response to your second question, that the answer is no, anyway.

But shirley there have been those calling for LM to play 10 and do all the kicking anyway - he did it at skool! :duck:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Russ wrote:Our backrow is utter dross
Never heard of Utter Dross ......... does he play #8, openside or blindside?

Is he Irish qualified?
I'm not arguing -
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

bazzaj wrote:And I have talked about our lack of back row depth for the same length of time and its actually beyond a joke now
You do not have a competitive back row you don't win games simple as.
Its everything in the modern game.

I didn't even really look at the team sheet just the back row and I coud have written the match report at that point.
Words like disjointed, lack of continuity and phase play will be rubberstamped into the commentaries of our performances if we continue to field back rows like that, friendies or not.
I look forward to your match report on Thursday before I head down to the bookies! :D
I'm not arguing -
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Russ wrote:Our backrow is utter dross
Never heard of Utter Dross ......... does he play #8, openside or blindside?

Is he Irish qualified?
Uttered is Clive Ross' s middle name.
If you like you can have my match report now if he is playing, grumps.
Flads
Novice

Post by Flads »

Hey bet you wish Mike McComish was here now :duck: :duck: :duck:
Stand Up For The Ulstermen!!!!