Dragons v Ulster Sun 8th Nov 2:30pm Dave Parade BBCNI

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Re: Dragons v Ulster Sun 8th Nov 2:30pm Dave Parade BBCNI

Post by ruckover »

Because nowadays my team predictions would be a lot more accurate. And where's the fun in that?
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

ruckover wrote:Because nowadays my team predictions would be a lot more accurate. And where's the fun in that?
ah go on, one more time for old times sake!
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

ruckover wrote:Because nowadays my team predictions would be a lot more accurate. And where's the fun in that?
You been promoted?
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Russ wrote:
You been promoted?
Yeah...let's go with that... :lol:

Alright Joe, here's a team prediction for you: Ulster will announce one tomorrow. You've been helped :thumleft:
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

So ................... Ruan then ............what's the craic?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Dragons team to face Ulster

Carl Meyer, Ashton Hewitt, Adam Hughes, Adam Warren, Nick Scott, Dorian Jones, Sarel Pretorius; Boris Stankovich, Elliot Dee, Shaun Knight, Cory Hill, Rynard Landman ©, Ed Jackson, Ollie Griffiths, Taulupe Faletau.

Replacements: Rhys Buckley, Phil Price, Brok Harris, Matthew Screech, Lewis Evans, Charlie Davies, Jason Tovey, Ross Wardle.

Director of Rugby, Lyn Jones understands how important performance is this weekend if the Dragons are to take their third consecutive win at Rodney Parade on Sunday. He commented: “We played some attractive rugby last season and the season before but so far we haven't been able to get the ball through three pairs of hands.

“That's something very much in our mind because if we are to be successful then we have to score at least 25 points. You are not going to do that by holding onto the ball all the time, the game has to have some width.

"It's something we are aware of and something we are working towards improving – if we are going to beat Ulster we have got to play.”

Jones continued: “We didn't kick smartly or chase well against the Scarlets and lost the kicking battle. Only one kick ended on a positive note for us.

"Ulster are the team in the league who kick the most and will drag the game into a kicking duel. We cannot afford to play rugby on the tail end of a really good kick.

"We have to play on the front foot when circumstances arise and need to be patient in the kicking battle.”
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Ulster Team

McCall, Herring, Herbst, Tuohy, FVDM, Diack, Henry, Mulholland, Marshall, Jackson, Arnold, McCloskey, Cave, Scholes, Nelson

Lutton, Best, Ross, Stevenson, Reidy, Pienaar, Humphreys, Gilroy.

Hmmm, a bit of rotation there. No Black or Warwick. Wilson and Williams given the weekend off? Don't know this guy Mulholland. Strong bench if required, I fear it might be. Who is covering LH?

Really need to win this one given how bad the away record is, don't have a great recent record at Dave Parade only 2 wins in last 5 seasons, gambling a bit with this selection IMO :shock:
Last edited by Neill_M on Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Dragons head coach Lyn Jones: "Ulster are the team in the league who kick the most and will drag the game into a kicking duel. We cannot afford to play rugby on the tail end of a really good kick."
Great, we're getting a reputation.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BaggyTrousers wrote:So ................... Ruan then ............what's the craic?
Aye Ruan is available Image Image
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Mulholland, I believe plays for Ballymena, looked good against Leinster A, certainly better than Taggar and CRoss
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
ADM
Initiate

Post by ADM »

Neil F
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neil F »

ruckover wrote:
Dragons head coach Lyn Jones: "Ulster are the team in the league who kick the most and will drag the game into a kicking duel. We cannot afford to play rugby on the tail end of a really good kick."
Great, we're getting a reputation.
We had this reputation a couple of seasons back. Let's not forget Richard Cockerill, of all people, complaining about how little rugby Ulster play shortly before the win at Welford Road. The problem isn't that Ulster kick. When Ulster were kicking and winning, no one (at least no Ulster fans...) was complaining. It's that the kicking game has deteriorated, been figured out, or both and that no one coaching at Ulster seems to have figured that out, yet, or to have attempted to change the tactics, execution, or both as a result.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Neill_M wrote: "Ulster are the team in the league who kick the most and will drag the game into a kicking duel. We cannot afford to play rugby on the tail end of a really good kick.
Nothing to worry about there! :lol:
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

Anyone else not looking forward to the return of the Saracens in a fortnight? There must be a few as its not sold out yet, wouldn't have seen that two years ago.
Rovi Snave
Warrior

Post by Rovi Snave »

Neill_M wrote:Ulster Team

McCall, Herring, Herbst, Tuohy, FVDM, Diack, Henry, Mulholland, Marshall, Jackson, Arnold, McCloskey, Cave, Scholes, Nelson

Lutton, Best, Ross, Stevenson, Reidy, Pienaar, Humphreys, Gilroy.

Hmmm, a bit of rotation there. No Black or Warwick. Wilson and Williams given the weekend off? Don't know this guy Mulholland. Strong bench if required, I fear it might be. Who is covering LH?

Really need to win this one given how bad the away record is, don't have a great recent record at Dave Parade only 2 wins in last 5 seasons, gambling a bit with this selection IMO :shock:
:banghead: I will be shocked if we win with that team - all for squad rotation but the above is ridiculous - add Trimble and Ludik to the list above (if they are not injured)

Smacks of Zebre last year :duh: :duh: :duh:
Finished