Well Done Sarries

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Well Done Sarries

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:Sure, a win in Dublin in a week's time, and all will be grand! :lol:
Never a truer word spoken Grumps, I hate the wrist-slitters. That was the first game of the season for what is Ulster's preferred though not necessarily best team. Not a sinner has posted anything about the decent start and the building of a 9-0 lead, not a sinner has commented about how Ulster then did "an Ulster" and nodded for 10 minutes, let alone anyone commenting how Sarries belatedly got a grip of the game and never lessened their grip.

Plenty have commented on the failings and sure, that is they way of most chubes, last night there were no shortage of errors. Does it mean we are useless? Does it reflect the difference in preparation, as well admittedly in quality? We lost to the best team in England over the last 3/4 years, big feckin' deal, shyte happens, it does not end the season, we are waiting for that to start.

I know what I believe, I'll let others waffle on in their doom & gloom way or talk a modicum of sense.

It's a competition that we have not a single sniff of a chance in. I'd have given my left ball to beat that shower of shyte but that apart I hope we use the rest of the SDC to throw the McCall's of this world in and let them sink or swim.

Time to think of the Pro12 as our focus, as indeed it should have been from day 1.

I'll tell you what bothers me more than the defeat. The braying clown on the microphone, the far from perfect observance of the minutes silence, ENTIRELY down to UR incompetance. That annoyed me much more than inadequacies on the pitch. Pitiful organisation, it's really just not good enough.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:Sure, a win in Dublin in a week's time, and all will be grand! :lol:
we will probably be sending down the same team that will be playing Bedford today, will wait and see how that result goes first.....
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Never a truer word spoken Grumps, I hate the wrist-slitters. That was the first game of the season for what is Ulster's preferred though not necessarily best team. Not a sinner has posted anything about the decent start and the building of a 9-0 lead, not a sinner has commented about how Ulster then did "an Ulster" and nodded for 10 minutes, let alone anyone commenting how Sarries belatedly got a grip of the game and never lessened their grip.

Plenty have commented on the failings and sure, that is they way of most chubes, last night there were no shortage of errors. Does it mean we are useless? Does it reflect the difference in preparation, as well admittedly in quality? We lost to the best team in England over the last 3/4 years, big feckin' deal, shyte happens, it does not end the season, we are waiting for that to start.

I know what I believe, I'll let others waffle on in their doom & gloom way or talk a modicum of sense.

It's a competition that we have not a single sniff of a chance in. I'd have given my left ball to beat that shower of shyte but that apart I hope we use the rest of the SDC to throw the McCall's of this world in and let them sink or swim.

Time to think of the Pro12 as our focus, as indeed it should have been from day 1.

I'll tell you what bothers me more than the defeat. The braying clown on the microphone, the far from perfect observance of the minutes silence, ENTIRELY down to UR incompetance. That annoyed me much more than inadequacies on the pitch. Pitiful organisation, it's really just not good enough.
Amateurs in the professional era, as for last night Baggy you are correct in that we are light years away from winning the SDC, but what annoyed me about last night was that we were out fought....as for writing to Logie don't bother he has little to no interest in what the fans think, I have tried.
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
tighthead3
Novice

Post by tighthead3 »

We, the diehard fans who go so far as to post on message boards about Ulster probably aren't who the UB is appealing to with that ballroot from the radio and the Ulster Rugby Values. We aren't the ones that they're trying to reach with all this gimmicky nonsense because they know we'll still turn up and hope beyond hope that we'll turn over a team like Saracens. When the casuals stop selling out the 'Kingspan' we might see a change in tactic. When will that be? Probably soon.

Squad needs a lot of investment though and that's the bottom line. Looking at the squads last night there's a serious gulf in quality and until that's addressed we aren't going forward but we might well go back.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Saying the bellends area good team is not the same as saying they are a good Club

Nor does a team in which Half are foreign do much for English Rugby

They are not cheats or dirty but may be considered over robust at times with a savvy edge of when to exploit a referee and situations with potential

They also have a Coach who how to play the Width of Ravenhill create space and use his wings .

McCall was always an intelligent centre rather than head down or round your opposite number out think him was his approach

That is the positives the negatives being lard arsed forwards of limited ability and a couple of cheap shot players with attitude who even their mothers couldn't like

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
austintranslation
Novice

Post by austintranslation »

I couldn't be arsed moaning about that game, but is there somewhere I can moan about yer Q-Radio fella? He's a tool, the lot of them are tools and I wish they'd pish away aff somewhere else.
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

The East Terrace (formerly the Terrace) gave him short shift at half time when he came over to try to get us to sing Stand Up. He got a rendition of On Yer Own instead. Chube! On reflection, that was probably the most entertaining part of the proceedings.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

"When I saw Ulster you say Rugby. Ulster..." (silence).

Q-Chube: How old are you?
Mini-Rugbyer: 11
Q-Chube: How long you been playing rugby for?
Mini-Rugbyer: 8 years.
Q-Chube: You must have been young when you started.

And blasting that anthem as the teams arrived on the pitch completely drowning out any attempt at Stand Up was clueless too.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
austintranslation
Novice

Post by austintranslation »

mid ulster maestro wrote:The East Terrace (formerly the Terrace) gave him short shift at half time when he came over to try to get us to sing Stand Up. He got a rendition of On Yer Own instead. Chube! On reflection, that was probably the most entertaining part of the proceedings.
Yes I did enjoy that.

One of my favourites was from about a month ago when he asked some wee fella if he was having a goodnight. Wee fella replied with just "No" and Clements was left speechless. (I think we had the bonus point secured but we were playing absolute guff) Everyone around me enjoyed that also.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
I didn't observe any decent start to comment on.
We were competitive when playing with the wind and until they worked out our passive defence and plodding attack posed no threat whatsoever. All they had to do was stay patient, play dull as ditch water rugby and wait for us to suckered into defending too narrow.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

mid ulster maestro wrote:The East Terrace (formerly the Terrace) gave him short shift at half time when he came over to try to get us to sing Stand Up. He got a rendition of On Yer Own instead. Chube! On reflection, that was probably the most entertaining part of the proceedings.
I thought that was childish and fairly disgraceful myself...........
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

I had several requests to bring a rifle next match, I thought it rather inappropriate with last weekends happenings but was coming round to the idea by the end of half time ! Thank goodness we are outside their broadcast range.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Rooster wrote:I had several requests to bring a rifle next match, I thought it rather inappropriate with last weekends happenings but was coming round to the idea by the end of half time ! Thank goodness we are outside their broadcast range.
Offing Q Radio presenters is not actually forbidden in the Ulster Rugby Catechism of behaviour, so it's probably OK as long as you respect the opposition and drink responsibly.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Deraless wrote:
Rooster wrote:I had several requests to bring a rifle next match, I thought it rather inappropriate with last weekends happenings but was coming round to the idea by the end of half time ! Thank goodness we are outside their broadcast range.
Offing Q Radio presenters is not actually forbidden in the Ulster Rugby Catechism of behaviour, so it's probably OK as long as you respect the opposition and drink responsibly.
Yeah and don't swear about it.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Bring back the auld lad who used to do the quality intros back in the day - He's powerful fast, he's powerful strong, he's a powerful nice fella - ANDREW TRIMBLE!!!; He covers more ground than a really big carpet - STEPHEN FERRIS!!! ETC ....

Those were the days, Day's when no matter how Shiite the season, 9 times out of 10 we'd rock up to Ravers and send the cream of France and Engerland packing.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall