Marcell Coetzee

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Re: Marcell Coetzee

Post by damianmcr »

I dont think he ever will.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Voted players player of the year in the Pro 14.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Payet27
Novice

Post by Payet27 »

Joins Michael Lowry, Eric O’Sullivan & John Cooney in the Pro 14 Dream Team. Ulster’s representation more than any other team.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Payet27 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:46 pm Joins Michael Lowry, Eric O’Sullivan & John Cooney in the Pro 14 Dream Team. Ulster’s representation more than any other team.
We won something! :fleg:
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Good for ML in particular. Shows that independent observers already respect his abilities, other teams already probably fear him .............even if we can't work out what to do with him
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Just have him on the pitch. He will, I believe end up as a 10 but he is excelling from 15 also. He gets more space there coming into the line in various places.

Of course too small though apparently
turko
Novice
Location: Exiled but heart remains at the cathedral on match day

Post by turko »

Play ML at 10 is my view. His speed of thought and speed of execution is exceptional. That’s why he looks good at 15 but he will add more value at 10 particularly in Addison returns as I would have him at 15.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

The modern game now dictates a 2nd playmaker in support of your out half, this usually comes through 12 or 15. An Ulster future with Moore at 12 and Lowry 15 along with a 10 would create amazing options for your devastating strike runners in Balacoune and Stockdale, Hume is also not too shaby if space is created for him.

I do like Lowry at 10 also.

Would he be the youngest player in that Pro 14 Dream Team? 22
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Marcell released at the end of the month. We weren't seeing him play again given his injury so no complaints.
germcevoy
Initiate

Post by germcevoy »

A shame to not see him play in person again but makes sense to release him if he won’t be playing. I wish him all the best.
Loki
Warrior Assassin

Post by Loki »

sensible to release him and good luck back in SA to Marcell. Happy that we got to see the best of him after a few dreadful injuries and there's no major qualms from me about allowing players to return to their homelands after the past year - just a pity we won't have him for the Parker tilt. Hope he gets Saffer caps as Vermeulen winds down and we never come up against the Bulls in anything important!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Hopefully the terms agreed are favorable to Ulster. He is a massive loss in playing terms, however, this is offset through his significant injury profile. Although, I do have grave doubts over his replacement's form and fitness. It would better to have someone less prone to serious injury.

Marcell has been one of the best players that I have seen play for Ulster. He is the complete backrower when fully fit. Seeing him play for the Bulls with his new team mates against Ulster will be daunting to say the least.

I see Leinster have signed a new tight head from the Crusaders. Whilst Munster also appear to sign NIQs with gay abandon in terms of talent blocking. I wonder have Ulster any new potential signings. Either NIQ or IQ (sloppy seconds).
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

££££££
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Dave wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:54 pm Hopefully the terms agreed are favorable to Ulster. He is a massive loss in playing terms, however, this is offset through his significant injury profile. Although, I do have grave doubts over his replacement's form and fitness. It would better to have someone less prone to serious injury.

Marcell has been one of the best players that I have seen play for Ulster. He is the complete backrower when fully fit. Seeing him play for the Bulls with his new team mates against Ulster will be daunting to say the least.

I see Leinster have signed a new tight head from the Crusaders. Whilst Munster also appear to sign NIQs with gay abandon in terms of talent blocking. I wonder have Ulster any new potential signings. Either NIQ or IQ (sloppy seconds).
What are the odds Bent is moving North... 😂
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Zero. He's retiring.