Anthony Foley

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Article
Initiate

Re: Anthony Foley

Post by Article »

Lets not drag the EPCR into this thread its about respect and condolences to a great Rugby man one of our own at that.

Class gesture to reciprocate the plaque for Axel in away dressing room...we often get things wrong but that's just dead on.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Article wrote:Lets not drag the EPCR into this thread its about respect and condolences to a great Rugby man one of our own at that.

Class gesture to reciprocate the plaque for Axel in away dressing room...we often get things wrong but that's just dead on.
Well said sir :thumleft:

Now back to Axel, if this is true it is entirely remarkable & makes me think BR may have been mistaken this morning. >EW
Peter O'Reilly, Sunday Times rugby writer and a collaborator on Anthony Foley's autobiography, told the show about Foley's lack of generosity when it came to giving penalties away to the opposition.

To the naked eye, he wasn't the most athletic No. 8, necessarily, he knew the game inside out. While I dealt with him, he was able to tell me the name of the referee who gave him the one yellow card he received in his professional career. He could tell you every single penalty that was ever given against him. There were only five in his entire career.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Article wrote:Lets not drag the EPCR into this thread its about respect and condolences to a great Rugby man one of our own at that.

Well said and well done Ulster on this gesture.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Now back to Axel, if this is true it is entirely remarkable & makes me think BR may have been mistaken this morning. >EW
One clueless ref obviously amongst the many who reffed his games. :D

He was as smart as they come as a player. No doubt about that.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Just as a point of clarification Axel was never caught off side as that position was already occupied by Alan Quinlan, who was a magnificent cheat.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Cause of death released, acute pulmonary oedema caused by heart disease. >EF >EF

If you haven't been to the doctor in a while go get your MOT done chaps.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

God love the Munster player who found him.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

The Big Lad's funeral on friday lunchtime.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Munster and Ireland rugby legend Anthony Foley died after a heart condition caused fluid to build up in his lungs, a French coroner has said.

The condition, known as acute pulmonary edema, was caused by "a heart rhythm disorder", an autopsy has revealed.

Foley, 42, died on Saturday night at the hotel in Paris where Munster were staying prior to Sunday's scheduled game against Racing 92.

His funeral will be held in Killaloe, County Clare, on Friday at 12:00 BST.

Foley's body will be flown to Shannon Airport on Wednesday before being taken to the family home.

Funeral mass will take place at St Flannan's Church, with burial afterwards at Relig Nua Cemetery.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Just a suggestion but if there was a desire to break into a mark of respect maybe a generous hand clap just in case any rendition of the Fields doesn't get the full works and falls somewhat flat..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cockatrice wrote:Just a suggestion but if there was a desire to break into a mark of respect maybe a generous hand clap just in case any rendition of the Fields doesn't get the full works and falls somewhat flat..
Well shame on us if it does.
Loki
Warrior Assassin

Post by Loki »

I'm not a huge fan of The Fields at sporting events in general but I'd love to see a rousing rendition next Friday.

As a community of fans involved with Irish rugby at all levels, a tragedy like this for one province affects the other three. The reciprocal gesture of a memorial tribute is apt; I also hope there's more we can do to support Munster behind the scenes.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

The Fields of Ballynafeigh?
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Taz wrote:Lads, nice to read through this thread today.

Also a lovely gesture from your CEO Shane Logan regarding some form of tribute in your away changing room.
Yeah, apparently there is a permanent memorial to Nevin Spence in the away changing room at Thomond Park. Nice touch.

Apparently Munster's game against Weegies is unlikely to be played this weekend so their next game will probably be at Spanners.
I genuinely didn't know there was a tribute to Nevin Spence at Thomond. Fair play to Munster.
Regardless, the memorial to Axel at Ravenhill is appropriate and totally correct.

If we are the first side to play Munster after his passing, it will be entirely apposite.
Exterminate all rational thought
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:Just a suggestion but if there was a desire to break into a mark of respect maybe a generous hand clap just in case any rendition of the Fields doesn't get the full works and falls somewhat flat..
Well shame on us if it does.
Shouldn't. I think nearly everybody knows the first verse and chorus which should be enough to show our respects.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall