Munster game

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Re: Munster game

Post by thecrouch »

shamalicious wrote:For the sake of your blood pressure, don't look at the URSC Bakebook page.
Some lad is trying to say there is positives to take from that.

Must be on his third bottle of buckie by now.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

thecrouch wrote:Our coaching setup should be out of the job.
I don't blame it all on the coaches. The vaunted Ulster backs are not as good as we think and increasingly devoid of attacking ideas. We had plenty of ball and territory in the second half and could do nothing with it. Fair play to Munster who tackled like demons and never stopped battling. Very depressing performance from Ulster.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Spiffsson wrote:
thecrouch wrote:Our coaching setup should be out of the job.
I don't blame it all on the coaches. The vaunted Ulster backs are not as good as we think and increasingly devoid of attacking ideas. We had plenty of ball and territory in the second half and could do nothing with it. Fair play to Munster who tackled like demons and never stopped battling. Very depressing performance from Ulster.
It doesn't matter if you had the All Black back line playing for you if your forwards are a bunch of fairies.

Not enough grunt, not enough b@stards in the pack.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
DHK
Steward

Post by DHK »

Pathetic. Might not be back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Don't quite how to summarise that performance without pouring over the same old stuff about not taking chances and lacking the smarts in the opponents half.
Very passive defending once again cost us.

I would describe us as a 'nice' team.
Nice patterns, nice tackling, nice set piece, nice runners, nice kicks, nice posturing.

Trouble is sometimes you need a bit of a c#nt about you (he went to Cardiff) and that's not us right now
We're too darn nice.

Last season our discipline was all over the place but now we go back too far the other way.
Sooner or later by trial and error at least we may find where the line is but Coetzee may point the way when he plays.

Hopefully.
Till then it's niceness without an air of ruthlessness I'm afraid.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

bazzaj wrote:Don't quite how to summarise that performance without pouring over the same old stuff about not taking chances and lacking the smarts in the opponents half.

Nice patterns, nice tackling, nice set piece, nice runners, nice kicks, nice posturing.

Trouble is sometimes you need a bit of a c#nt about you (he went to Cardiff) and that's not us right now
We're too darn nice.

Last season our discipline was all over the place but now we go back too far the other way.
Sooner or later by trial and error at least we may find where the line is but Cotzee may point the way when he plays.

Hopefully.
Bang on bazza. Too soft.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Too many injuries in the backs and Cave was a big loss however I think we miss McCloskey more than others... do we have the best backs.. NO.

We are simply senseless...

Coetzee mentioned February. .. the season will be over by then..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Binman
Novice

Post by Binman »

Can anyone remember the last time PJ played a good half of rugby?
UlsterAreBrill
Initiate

Post by UlsterAreBrill »

I believe that is what is called a Dave off, littered with a few moments of individual skill, however at the end of the day their daves beat our daves narrowly, and probably by more if they didnt have Dave Keatley starting at 10 in one of the worst performances I have ever seen live

Anyway, Dave Diack, the less said the better, not only he is incompentant at knowing how to finish tries but seemingly incompotent at knowing when to hold the line

However as for the URSC facebookers I believe there were indeed positives, namely Tuohy, great game for him on the first proper game back, he looked somewhere close to his best both with ball in hamd & in the set piece, and we need to get him and AOC in the row which would resemble some sort of dog in our pack. Herbst also put out a decent performance too & Bobby Lyttle, a lot of learn still but as for raw talent the skills are there and he continues to impress... as for the the rest, the less said the better.

Also, can someone explain what exactly was wrong with Marshall? Was he at all fit?
drumbo diehard
Novice

Post by drumbo diehard »

PJ for Ireland, HaHa, Carberry will get sub spot for 6 nations
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

As others have said, it doesn't matter that we have an excellent set of backs, as we have seen over the last few weeks they can't do anything creative if the pack aren't giving them the space. Our pack would be more effective if we named eight pillows.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

KISS OUT!
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
turko
Novice
Location: Exiled but heart remains at the cathedral on match day

Post by turko »

thecrouch wrote:
bazzaj wrote:Don't quite how to summarise that performance without pouring over the same old stuff about not taking chances and lacking the smarts in the opponents half.

We're too darn nice.

Sooner or later by trial and error at least we may find where the line is but Cotzee may point the way when he plays.

Hopefully.
Bang on bazza. Too soft.
Yip that about sums it up. Then add shocking decision making at important moments in the game and you lose. It might be a theme this season.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Ulster are not a team, the pack play as individuals and the backs passing is getting worse.

In VDM and Disck we probably have 2 of the softest Saffers in world rugby
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

The one ray of light in all this is that the Axel plaque is up in the away changing room and the Ulster players brought in beer and protein shakes to the Munster changing room after the game.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten