Kiss out?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Re: Kiss out?

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

Gerald the Mole wrote:
LegsLikeSausages wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:
thecrouch wrote:
scrum5 wrote:I like Cockerill, he could well be an excellent forwards coach and probably better than Bevis and Butthead but he wasn't sacked by Tigers for being successful
Cockerill would be an amazing signing, there's no "probably better" about it. He's ten times the coach of any of our lot.
And a Cnut we could do with out , anyway why would UR employ someone that would challenge the idiots in charge , to be a coach in UR you need to have a masters in politics, know when to say Feçk all, tip the hat and move on.accept mediocre as no one above you wants you to succeed as you then become a threat to their ivory tower.
And therein lies the problem. The only way to have any success within the limitations of the IRFU's North Korea-esque structures, is to have an Academy that delivers the goods. The depressing thing is, even if the Academy structures do change for the better, it will take 5 years to see that impact on the first team.
Can I ask, do you base the 5 years to make an impact on the crap that run the Academy up until three years ago or are you starting from the changes made since then, twice. If you believe it's a 5 year window to see a change why then are you not allowing the current incumbents to produce players. Surely the impact has started, Ross Kane, McCall, McCloskey ( I know I know, he was outside the structure but the then head of the Academy give him a chance with the A team , Same as Warwick and Mulholand et al, fück me with a widget, you guys just love to bitch, academy is working, maybe not as fast as Leinster, well feck whoppy fècking woo, just a figure for you, the Dublin and greater Dublin area have a population of 3m and this brad pitt about us not having a team in AIL 1a is all bullshit , AIL1A has ten teams , 7 off them from DUblin area, now they don't need their academy players to support those teams , they have massive financial clout and a far larger player base to be the best, oh that and being almost semi pros, our Senior clubs cry like bitches of Ulster don't give the academy players etc, well Senoir clubs employ better coaches, develope a youth structure that works , produce better players get teams into AIL 1 , Hinch are probably the only team in Ulster with real ambition, look at Belfasts Premier club, struggle to put a seconds out, the seconds play Juoir clubs and get 60-70 points put on them, Club rugby is the foundation of this sport, the CEO needs to look at that. Make the clubs better, more competive and stop the bullshit of your KPIs etc.

The problem in Ulster is just not the Pro game, it's in massive need of a revamp.

Right away to bed , late nights are killing me.
Five years to produce a cohort of players to have a serious influence on a first team squad of sufficient depth. About 3 players a year on average- not all necessarily first choice but at least good enough to play PRO12 with a smattering of international quality players. At no point did I compare us to Leinster and the small trickle of players you mentioned is not giving me the optimism that the changes made 3 years ago are going to fill the void.

I also didn't say I had the solution to this problem- only that the IRFU system means that we have to be largely self sufficient and we are nowhere near that. Over the last DECADE we have produced no scrum halves, one out half and one decent back row forward (that the IRFU want to play second row). Tell me again that our Academy is working?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Kiss is the coach. Either he has made some very poor tactical decisions or he is unable to get the players to play to his tactics.

Either way, he is responsible for the inept way we have been playing this season.

I have only hearsay to support that Doak and Clarke are the problem. I also don't have any real evidence to support the widely held belief (on this forum, anyway) that Kiss is a good head coach. I do have evidence to support the contrary (pick any match this season, bar Glasgow).
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Kofi Annan wrote:Greetings fûckers

The buck stops with the man at the top, let's see some leadership from him, no doubt he will have all the players in today giving a speech on " the UlsterMan" what great warriors we are, including he was mates with Stirling and Mayne, how he has watched men die and how he can lead. Tell them he does not accept defeat , on thinking about that , is watching men die a great example of leadership, why not get you hands dirty and do something , oh wait.

KIss is the answer, just give him the tools,
Did you not mean, "Allow him to get rid of the tools" ?

Happy holidays ould haun'. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

So it's Kiss's fault
It's Boke'n'Clarke's fault
It's the Academy's fault
It's Club Rugby's fault
It's a lack of numbers fault
It's our CEO's fault
Its FIRFU's fault

Did I miss anyone?

Feck me sideways it's always somebody's fault, but we can't phone Injurylawyers4u. Perhaps we'll just have to live with it and accept the scales have tipped away from us for a while.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Kiss out.... how about let Kiss bring in the coaches he wants instead of it being forced upon him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

kingofthehill wrote:Kiss out.... how about let Kiss bring in the coaches he wants instead of it being forced upon him.

He will soon.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Tighter End wrote:So it's Kiss's fault
It's the Academy's fault
It's Club Rugby's fault
It's our CEO's fault
Its FIRFU's fault

Did I miss anyone?

Feck me sideways it's always somebody's fault, but we can't phone Injurylawyers4u. Perhaps we'll just have to live with it and accept the scales have tipped away from us for a while.
I blame the fans,
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Kofi Annan wrote:
It's the Academy's fault
It's Club Rugby's fault
It's our CEO's fault
Its FIRFU's fault

Did I miss anyone?

I blame the fans,
We don't have any real fans
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

The club scene in Ulster really does need a workover and I suspect we'll be seeing more club mergers in Belfast in years to come and I think you are right to a certain extent that the academy would appear to be improving from an incredibly low base, though I don't think we will be able to say definitively until after the next few years or so, particularly in how well they manage to bring this excellent u19 year through to pro level. There's a heck of a lot of work to be done still in extending the range of our talent identification as well as giving these lads a proper pathway to the senior team.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Kofi Annan wrote:
It's the Academy's fault
It's Club Rugby's fault
It's our CEO's fault
Its FIRFU's fault

Did I miss anyone?

I blame the fans,
Ah FFS I knew I was missing something

I could add a bunch of players who clearly revel in the Billy Big Balls status and lap up the off field backslapping, but who mostly have no real pride in themselves, or the Club they play for as they as they haven't won anything for Ulster and don't look likely to win anything for the foreseeable future.
Like I've said before, the crack on the west Terrace is good and occasionally we get to see some Rugby, albeit with no aggression.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

See in the papers LK disagreed with Ferris re the general lack of aggression/physicality and pride in the Leinster
Game from the Ulster players, especially in the first half. Personally I'm with Ferris.
That said Great to see Simpson showing what that jersey means to him when he got on the pitch.
davejohnston
Initiate

Post by davejohnston »

Cockerill would be a interesting addition to the coaching team. I wouldn't like to see him in the top job, but as a forwards coach he could probably instill some of the hard nosed aggression that our guys seem to lack at times.
I doubt he'd want the job though, he might be aiming for assistant coach at international level - although it's always harder to find a good job when your out of work.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Kofi Annan wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:Kiss out.... how about let Kiss bring in the coaches he wants instead of it being forced upon him.

He will soon.
Soon enough or will I be in Spain when they choke the living feck out of Dumb & Dumber?

I hope they don't just allow them to walk away, I want their epaulettes to be torn off, foreign legion style, them to be beaten about the face for half an hour, bums rushed to the gates glimpsing a hint of undeserved freedom, then a couple of big lads with garrotes appear and choke the living jesus clean out of them.

Bit much?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
davejohnston
Initiate

Post by davejohnston »

Dharper wrote:See in the papers LK disagreed with Ferris re the general lack of aggression/physicality and pride in the Leinster
Game from the Ulster players, especially in the first half. Personally I'm with Ferris.
That said Great to see Simpson showing what that jersey means to him when he got on the pitch.
Saw that too. Sometimes it can be hard to tell from the sofa or even the stands, but the team didn't come across with the level of physicality and aggression for an inter-pro.

That said I thought he made a fair point, that the aggression wasn't the problem for the soft scores that we conceded. Being switched on in defence, and we could easily have prevented 14 points, maybe 19.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Not for the 1st time a pup( Simpson) has come on and shown guts, Stockdale, Lyttle and Cairns away to Edinburgh.
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.