ULSTER V GLASGOW Omniplex Thread

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

ULSTER V GLASGOW Omniplex Thread

Post by BR »

COMING SOON
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: ULSTER V GLASGOW Omniplex Thread

Post by BR »

Pathe.jpg
Pathe.jpg (98.27 KiB) Viewed 1976 times
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:
Pathe.jpg
FFFS BR next you'll be telling us Black is White.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Is it silent or talkie?
Half time show by Busby Barkley?
Is Rooster supplying the opening credits?
Tedanica
Novice

Post by Tedanica »

Ok I know this is wrong forum, but seeking for advice from experienced Ulstermen nad Ulsterwomen.
I am going to the game on 3th March for the first time ( living abroad) .
Could you tell me what seat should I choose? ( a little single woman 5 feet tall)
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

What's gone on?
Too busy sorting some yank bankers out today

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

You're seating choice will be limited and Ticketbastard will show you where free seats are available. You may be better to contact any of the season ticket holders here who actually sit during a game and ask if you could sit on their knee.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Tedanica wrote:Ok I know this is wrong forum, but seeking for advice from experienced Ulstermen nad Ulsterwomen.
Could you tell me what seat should I choose? ( a little single woman 5 feet tall)
Question is will you be on your own or accompanied? If on your own there are almost always a few single seats available, you would probably struggle to get 2 seats together, but if you can, best buy soon.

The tickets are on sale now through the UR site, depends on how flush you are, Premium stand about £60, Grandstand £30 or £36 depending on area, Memorial high £20s I think, Family the same but allegedly no alcohol.

Good luck and hope it's a good one. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Tedanica wrote:Ok I know this is wrong forum, but seeking for advice from experienced Ulstermen nad Ulsterwomen.
Were it me (and I have to use my imagination as I am almost the complete opposite of a little single woman 5 feet tall), I'd go for something in Grand Stand 3 to Grand Stand 7, if they are available. Failing that, I'd try to pick something half way up the memorial stand blocks 2 to 5. The family stand has the weens and the band (and a drink ban).

I know a few short women who are happy enough on the terraces, provided they get there early and stake their place near a barrier.

In truth if you were to stand beyond the Aquinas end 22, you are unlikely to have a problem seeing in all but the most busy matches. So a terrace ticket may be an option if you don't mind standing (and the crack is better).
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Or you may be lucky and get something in the dress circle.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

All seats have an uninterrupted view of the screen/pitch. It's generally accepted that the Memorial end has a higher class of spectator. The nice people with high viz jackets will all have torches to show you to your seat if you're late. Best to arrive late and hence avoid watching Ulster go 7-0 down in the first five minutes. It remains to be seen whether tomorrow will be a horror show or a comedy. Either way, welcome home.
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

Holidayed in the mighty Butlins during the early sixties which entitled me, being a nipper at the time, to avail myself of entertainment provided by some Butlins club or other. It's name escapes me but was named after a furry animal. Beavers Club possibly. Saturday mornings were spent in the Ritz being entered by yer man rising up through the floor fingering his mighty organ and watching black and white serialised fillums like Flash Gordon and some western ones. Those were the days I remember fondly. For those of a sensitive disposition the mighty organ was a Wurlitzer. Ahhh, nostalgia ain't wot it used to be.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
Tedanica
Novice

Post by Tedanica »

Thanks a lot for the response, very helpful, the standing option coming early sounds promising to me
( never mind cheap), seating on the knees depends on whoes knees obviously
And yes I will be alone.
Tedanica
Novice

Post by Tedanica »

All seats have an uninterrupted view of the screen/pitch. It's generally accepted that the Memorial end has a higher class of spectator. The nice people with high viz jackets will all have torches to show you to your seat if you're late. Best to arrive late and hence avoid watching Ulster go 7-0 down in the first five minutes. It remains to be seen whether tomorrow will be a horror show or a comedy. Either way, welcome home.
Ha ha , so I do not know now if I should come late or early...

I suppose standing on terraces you must be prepared for rain ?

Last question (sorry for asking that ..) where to stand to take a selfie with an Ulster player after the game?
colind
Squire

Post by colind »

The West Terrace (arriving early) will allow you to get beside the tunnel. Plenty of good photo opportunities as the players enter / leave the pitch. Also a chance to gulder if an opposition player is carded. >seeya

Regarding photo opportunities after the match, perhaps if you arm yourself with a bar of Imperial Leather and say you're a representative of the Ulster official soap sponsor you coukld worm your way into the showers. :D