Jumping into the air to catch a pass.....?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Jumping into the air to catch a pass.....?

Post by Cornerfleg »

I really think this could open up a whole new world of nonsense in the game, a 'Michael Bradley' pass regime could mean loopy traffic balls in midfield are just penalty opportunities...

Who will exploit this most next season... Long jump sessions... Take off just behind gain line land 3 yards further on... Defence can't touch you...

From a kick... Defo... From a pass... Really?

What do the rest of you think???
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Jumping into the air to catch a pass.....?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

It's sort-of like what we used to call "jumping the tackle" which was illegal in my day, but gets ignored nowadays.

Not a fan, but AB's are experts at playing to the edge of the laws, so slap it up them that they fell by a similar trick. Not that I'm exactly celebrating a Lions win.

On who could benefit the most? It won't be Ulster. We've had players jumping just to catch passes flying over their heads for ages but never got any advantage out of it. :roll:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

What a pile of nonsense. Jumping into a tackle should be penalty.

Garces was woeful. Red card was correct.

He missed a forward pass along with TJ Perenara being held back for Murray's try. Lions were offside all game, he only called the really obvious ones.

Good news, is that next week isn't a dead rubber. All thanks to Garces, SBW and Barrett's right boot.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

My thoughts exactly Capn, jumping into a tackle...

Black's are cynical and got their comeuppance... Mind Mako should have seen red as well if we're being strict. Lions won, yeah... Exciting... Probably... Good rugby... Not for me... Life's a bit short to class that as a highlight.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cornerfleg wrote:I really think this could open up a whole new world of nonsense in the game, a 'Michael Bradley' pass regime could mean loopy traffic balls in midfield are just penalty opportunities...

Who will exploit this most next season... Long jump sessions... Take off just behind gain line land 3 yards further on... Defence can't touch you...

From a kick... Defo... From a pass... Really?

What do the rest of you think???
Load of ballicks, next thing the matches will resemble a punk concert with everyone just pogoing up and down the pitch
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Rugby on Pogo sticks could be fun though - Olympic event? 15-a-side? :lol:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Lions have won the series actually. Several social media comments sections have declared that because the lions scored when it was 14 v 14, that's the series win.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

If you're fumbling a knock on you can be emptied while technically not holding the ball... But now all you have to do is jump, throw it forward and catch it...

Nah... We're getting silly now Jerome... He's everyone's hero today but wait till we get this clown back reffing us... They really managed to pick the three worst available refs for this series.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Jaco thinks smashing people with a forearm in the face is a yellow only

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Jumping into a tackle is still an offence. It was a poor pass from Murray and he had to jump to collect it. Unfortunate for the big prop as he was waiting to smash him and was committed to the tackle. Penalty only and thems the breaks.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

He actually got the penalty right for the wrong reason on the replay it was obviously a no arm tackle made with shoulder only .

The fact is that player at full speeds player is seldom in contact with the ground so all tackles could be deemed to be made with the carrier in the air .

Maco was a yellow --silly playing a man on the ground and off the ball initially ,and then then then late barge across the kicker with contact . Both silly needless and blatantly in full view of the referee . Stupid but in truth neither was in the same league of danger zone as SBW .He might have got away with the late except for the previous offence .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Is this going to be the making of p? He could be worth 15 odd points a week. Get in to the opposition 10m, get PJ to stand flat and boom

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Brilliant to see the All Blacks getting a debatable late call to cost them the game.
They have been the beneficiaries of such decisions over the years it nowhere near balances out.
As for the last All Blacks player before SBW to be red carded in tests being Meads in the 60s that is in itself a telling stat considering some of the thugs that have played for them.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

ColinM wrote:Is this going to be the making of p? He could be worth 15 odd points a week. Get in to the opposition 10m, get PJ to stand flat and boom

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
We might need a lifter and a jumper for some of p's skyrockets.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

jean valjean wrote:Jumping into a tackle is still an offence. It was a poor pass from Murray and he had to jump to collect it. Unfortunate for the big prop as he was waiting to smash him and was committed to the tackle. Penalty only and thems the breaks.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Yes - that's exactly how I saw it.

However, if you are 5 metres out, you need to pop the ball high above your incoming second row on the charge who then jumps, catches the ball in the air with momentum and either gets taken out for a penalty or falls over the line and scores.... simples.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'