Team to play Zebre.

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Re: Team to play Zebre.

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

big mervyn wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:[ I remember in the late1960s having to read his book of utter drivel, "Out of the Silent Planet", possibly for my Junior Certificate, Christ what a burden reading that shyte was, I suspect that is where my hatred of science fiction originates.
They were still using it in the late 70s for O Level - feck, that now sounds almost as archaic as Jnr Cert. I thought it was a pile of shyte too. We also did Lord of the Flies which was a much better read.

For the record, hobbits like at least 7 meals a day: breakfast, 2nd breakfast, elevenses, luncheon, afternoon tea, dinner, and supper. They are small and round and live in a bit of a hole. Nothing at all like Baggy :lol:
Lord of The Flies is Quality. I wish we ahd Sci-fi on our curriculum- fecking Farqhuar, Hardy and Trollope- quality reading for a Model biy in trouble torn North Belfast.

Baggy, your hatred of SciFi may come from reading Shyte- try any of Burroughs, Gibson, Dick for obvious popular quality, and best of all A.C. Clarke- few books more profound than Childhoods End. The real special stuff is off the radar :shock: ;)
Exterminate all rational thought
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Ref:Mike Adamson (SRU)
TJs: Andrea Piardi, Manuel Bottino (FIR)
TMO: Neil Paterson (SRU - 5th columnist)
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Dundon saying that MC is "not far away at all".

I haven't listened to the interview yet so I hope it is a reference to playing again and not retirement.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

justinr73 wrote:Dundon saying that MC is "not far away at all".
Dromara isn't that far away. The road from Ballynahinch isn't great mind.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

pwrmoore wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
justinr73 wrote:30 different bottles at our house.

Jinzu went down well on Sunday. Monday was Gordon's night obvs.

Yet to decide what's on the menu tonight.

Mauritian chicken and pumpkin curry for tea though. I'd better get cracking on that.
Surely you meant "light supper"? Tea should finish no later than 6.30, thereafter we move on to dinner & then light supper, finally late supper.
Bilbo Baggy
Dave wrote:There you have it. Big Merv always delivers the goods. I lolled.
I suspect you are right Dave but sadly I'm entirely in the dark as to what a Bilbo is. I've heard of a dildo, Indeed Steely Dan - Messrs Becker & Fagen named the band after a dildo in The Naked Lunch by William Burroughs. But Bilbo? :scratch:

By the way, are you all excited about seeing Marcell & Girrid at the weekend? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've just seen a crack squad of flying pigs over Bangor, they seemed to be flying from Spanners direction. Hard to beat a good weekly whopper. :roll:
Minor correction baggy - I know you like accuracy. :D
Thank you, Paul, I never knowed dat. Even at my great age, there is still joy to be had in additional knowledge. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

thecrouch wrote:Gin is boggin'.

Tastes like alcohol that's been filtered through an unwashed foreskin.
I'm as gay as the next man Crouchie but I have yet to experience that particular joy.

My own early addiction to gin was a straight up Gordon's & tonic with lemon, it's greatest plus being that if in company with professional drinkers I could switch from stout to gin and keep pace with the best of them.

I took to drinking it on Saturdays at a gowfing club in the company of such a man who drank vodka & soda & could get 5 vodkas & more from one of those wee dumpy mixture bottles that normal craters would get 2 out of. I retained my lemon slices and ended with a pint glass always knowing when I'd had enough when the glass was so full of lemons even the most skilled barmaid couldn't squeeze in a Norwegian.

Mind you I hadn't had a gin in yonks until last Christmas at a gathering of friends, Brian insisted we all start the day with the drink of his choice, Jawbax & gingah ale with some slices of root ginger. Tasty wee number it was.

It has been the ruin of me, my meagre stipend taking a regular thrashing buying Jawbax at £30 a throw

Anyway, I'll leave out the unclean foreskin, for now, Crouchie ................ though never say never. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:[ I remember in the late1960s having to read his book of utter drivel, "Out of the Silent Planet", possibly for my Junior Certificate, Christ what a burden reading that shyte was, I suspect that is where my hatred of science fiction originates.
They were still using it in the late 70s for O Level - feck, that now sounds almost as archaic as Jnr Cert. I thought it was a pile of shyte too. We also did Lord of the Flies which was a much better read.

For the record, hobbits like at least 7 meals a day: breakfast, 2nd breakfast, elevenses, luncheon, afternoon tea, dinner, and supper. They are small and round and live in a bit of a hole. Nothing at all like Baggy :lol:
Lord of The Flies is Quality. I wish we ahd Sci-fi on our curriculum- fecking Farqhuar, Hardy and Trollope- quality reading for a Model biy in trouble torn North Belfast.

Baggy, your hatred of SciFi may come from reading Shyte- try any of Burroughs, Gibson, Dick for obvious popular quality, and best of all A.C. Clarke- few books more profound than Childhoods End. The real special stuff is off the radar :shock: ;)
NIce try CIMAN but I'm far too old to start experimenting with genres I despise. Not on that god awful CS Lewis book but taking my kids to see that Star Wars garbage put the tin hat on Sci-fi for me.

Sorry, probably my loss. Each to their own as I most things, I'm more of a "whodunnit" man myself for fiction, when not reading factual stuff.

Meanwhile, I think people will be pleasantly surprised with the quality of team this week. Interestingly I see there is/are a player/s reading this forum, I saw an article yesterday with I think Hendy referencing Jean (Big Red) Deysel, whose eye appears to have recovered.

I think my friend Lionel from Preston will be getting the news he's been waiting for all season. >EW :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Hendy called him "Big Red" as that's the players nickname for him
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Oh aye, I had intended to add, I also had to suffer both Jane Austin & George Elliott, Christ Crucified, it would almost drive you to Sci-fi. Mind you I did rather enjoy both The Bard & Geoffrey Chaucer, though John Milton was a dry old stick.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rooster wrote:Hendy called him "Big Red" as that's the players nickname for him
Aye, that's what I say, you don't think they'd have made that up themselves do you? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Rooster wrote:Hendy called him "Big Red" as that's the players nickname for him
Aye, that's what I say, you don't think they'd have made that up themselves do you? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
After a 3 hour brainstorming session in the coffee shop, they would have come up with "Deysie" :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

I'm as gay as the next man but:
CIMANFOREVER wrote:try any... Dick for obvious popular quality
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

So foreskin isn't porous.... Even Model Aul Boys know that, but I've an old one knocking about the back of the battery drawer, so I'll try it with some Gordon's shyte and let yis know how it goes.
Did anyone of an age have to read The Last Enemy for O level (70s)? Bore the back legs of a Donkey.
Sorry Dave, they sucked me into the Off Topic shyte again...
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

We had to do the poetry of Seamus Heaney. Holy sh1t, it drove me to gin from an early age.

Anybody tried the new Gordons Pink gin?
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

222toHounslow wrote:We had to do the poetry of Seamus Heaney. Holy sh1t, it drove me to gin from an early age.

Anybody tried the new Gordons Pink gin?
Don't do it 222, buy a bottle of Angostura Bitters and make a proper pink gin, thon muck will be just a wa'nky gimmick.