Connacht v Ulster Sat 23rd Dec 7:35pm KO BBC2/TG4

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Connacht v Ulster Sat 23rd Dec 7:35pm KO BBC2/TG4

Post by BaggyTrousers »

By the way, I thought Darren gave an excellent interview, everything is there if you look for it without being blatantly rebellious, which despite some rumours to the contrary, I understand to be bullshite.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

But Sudocream says he refused to win his 200th cap away from home?
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:
Dave wrote:Cave has not played in 7 weeks. Ideally he should get a run of games. The haters will love it if he's rusty.
Giving a player a game every several weeks is hardly ideal especially if reports ar true that said player is also banished from training with the teams and instead exiled. Especially one who in my opinion hasn’t been properly managed back from his injuries of last year.. you’d almost think some want him to fail or at least show rust and therefore justify the treatment being afforded him.. the fact that he is no longer our best 13 is irrelevant when you play a winger who is no longer amongst our starting wingers it smacks of something as does the exiled training...
Cockers all that makes sense but I do not accept that he is no longer our best 13, I think it is abundantly clear that we ........least of all FOLK .............. have any real idea who is our best 13, Louis doesn't like the position, Tommy is not a 13, No Hands Luke was 2 years ago but had a dreadful run of matches before the mysterious injury and on that I think he may well have gone to Switzerland for a double hand transplant and all the Toblerone he can squirrel. Charless might be but strangely FOLK has never tried it, Stockcube likes 13, just never gets played there.

So who is our best 13? At this stage of the season, like KISS, I haven't a fuc'king Lulu.
baggy... we supporters can agree to speculate unlike Kiss we don't get paid the big bucks and don't see the players everyday in how they respond to training to be able to make that call although I suspect some of us could make a better stab at it than the current incumbent.

On the face of it it appears to be anyone but Cave and I have sympathy for a player being asked to step in once every seven weeks and be expected to hit the ground running. I think Ulster would be in a better position if Cave was more up to speed and that would include the odd run out in the A's christ they even allow Nelson that sometimes...

Major talking point for me this week is why is Diack's coffee shop accepting cash only and yet Cave's doughnut place take contactless? indeed why did UR sneak a two-year contract to Diack earlier in the year without any announcement.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

222toHounslow wrote:But Sudocream says he refused to win his 200th cap away from home?

after the reception offered to the GLU for his 200th at home (or lack thereof) can you blame him...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Cockatrice wrote:
222toHounslow wrote:But Sudocream says he refused to win his 200th cap away from home?

after the reception offered to the GLU for his 200th at home (or lack thereof) can you blame him...
It's probably actually his 199th (or 201st), if URs statistician is up to the normal Kingspan standard. :roll:

Now that Cables is gone, we'll never know.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

He was exposed as a BS merchant
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Maybe he has learnt the hard way even if “City Hall” are wrong “City Hall “ has the power to act as if it is right . You don’t fight “City Hall”
City Hall is a term covering all overlings ( Bosses) as they will stick together like sh1t to Blanket when one of them is facing a revolt or threat and you can’t beat City Hall .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Cockatrice wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:
Dave wrote:Cave has not played in 7 weeks. Ideally he should get a run of games. The haters will love it if he's rusty.
Giving a player a game every several weeks is hardly ideal especially if reports ar true that said player is also banished from training with the teams and instead exiled. Especially one who in my opinion hasn’t been properly managed back from his injuries of last year.. you’d almost think some want him to fail or at least show rust and therefore justify the treatment being afforded him.. the fact that he is no longer our best 13 is irrelevant when you play a winger who is no longer amongst our starting wingers it smacks of something as does the exiled training...
Cockers all that makes sense but I do not accept that he is no longer our best 13, I think it is abundantly clear that we ........least of all FOLK .............. have any real idea who is our best 13, Louis doesn't like the position, Tommy is not a 13, No Hands Luke was 2 years ago but had a dreadful run of matches before the mysterious injury and on that I think he may well have gone to Switzerland for a double hand transplant and all the Toblerone he can squirrel. Charless might be but strangely FOLK has never tried it, Stockcube likes 13, just never gets played there.

So who is our best 13? At this stage of the season, like KISS, I haven't a fuc'king Lulu.
baggy... we supporters can agree to speculate unlike Kiss we don't get paid the big bucks and don't see the players everyday in how they respond to training to be able to make that call although I suspect some of us could make a better stab at it than the current incumbent.

On the face of it it appears to be anyone but Cave and I have sympathy for a player being asked to step in once every seven weeks and be expected to hit the ground running. I think Ulster would be in a better position if Cave was more up to speed and that would include the odd run out in the A's christ they even allow Nelson that sometimes...

Major talking point for me this week is why is Diack's coffee shop accepting cash only and yet Cave's doughnut place take contactless? indeed why did UR sneak a two-year contract to Diack earlier in the year without any announcement.
Are UR paying Diack the big bucks in pound notes such that he has to launder it through this establishment? Paying him so much in fact that he had to open a second to avoid arousing the suspicions of the tax man.

Darren's on the other hand, seems to be open about as often as he plays. If he claims to turn over a couple of mill a year we'll know something is up
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

There have been a few comments on Cave being excluded from training. Is this really the case? What has he done to piiss off the coach? If it's so then he should get out of Ulster as soon as possible since you can't see much of a future for a bloke who is not allowed to train with the squad. (Or - preferably- Kiss should get out as soon as possible and Cave stay.)
Cave has been underrated for years (much to do with the Mexican media). He has 3-4 good seasons left in him. It would be a pity to waste them.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Spiffsson wrote:There have been a few comments on Cave being excluded from training. Is this really the case? What has he done to piiss off the coach? If it's so then he should get out of Ulster as soon as possible since you can't see much of a future for a bloke who is not allowed to train with the squad. (Or - preferably- Kiss should get out as soon as possible and Cave stay.)
Cave has been underrated for years (much to do with the Mexican media). He has 3-4 good seasons left in him. It would be a pity to waste them.
To be honest about the whole exclusion thing he was probably the only player left after the main squad and A squad had been picked , perhaps too much has been read into it
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

BaggyTrousers wrote:By the way, I thought Darren gave an excellent interview, everything is there if you look for it without being blatantly rebellious, which despite some rumours to the contrary, I understand to be bullshite.
Did he not just do a copy amd paste from the Ireland one he did earlier during JS’s tenure?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

He'll be rusty but let's hope he's a success. That's with due respect (i.e. none) to any X Files fans thinking he's been set up to fail.

Sport is about taking your chances.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Spiffsson wrote:There have been a few comments on Cave being excluded from training. Is this really the case? What has he done to piiss off the coach? If it's so then he should get out of Ulster as soon as possible since you can't see much of a future for a bloke who is not allowed to train with the squad. (Or - preferably- Kiss should get out as soon as possible and Cave stay.)

To use the old adage there are 2 sides to every story and whilst we shall know Darren’s side courtesy of some posters on here, we may not get to hear the other side. Ludik had issues last season by all accounts but seems to be reintegrated and enjoying his rugby. Squad morale on the face of it looks ok and better than both last season and most certainly some of the latter period of the McCall era and Matt Williams tenure (a low comparison I know!). Players have also extended contracts and I don’t see anyoen on here claiming that Hendy’s stay or go decision is all about whether there are changes to the management team.

Anyway, Cave is playing this weekend and let’s hope he has a blinder, along with 22 others. As he has said himself in his interview “you have to do what you can, contribute and hope that you help the team go well. If You’re doing that then you’ll play.”

Let’s hope whatever has happened can be put to bed on both sides and he can be judged on performances the same as every other player in the squad and he has said would be the case above. Now I may not always like or agree with those judgements with Kiss in charge but it seems that applies to the others in the squad.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

I expect a few Academy boys to get debuts, wee feckers don't need Christmas Dinners anyway
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I don't think that has been the case Spiffer. I understand that he was training with the two young gentlemen simply because he was neither part of the senior nor A teams & there were no other fit players to train with, so, joining the 2YG was his best option.

I am advised by someone who knows, that he has never had a disciplinary issue in his time at UR going back to 2007, I am further advised that he is the office's favourite player because he never sidesteps a request to do something promotional nor charitable. Knowing that my source knows/is ITK, he sounds a model professional.

I absolutely agree with you that he has several good years in him. Why this is happening I know not, but I do remember back to the latter part of last season when Louis Ludik, having been brilliant until injured was not selected once after recovery. It's all in Kiss's hands - and probably head.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.