Bye Charles

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Bye Charles

Post by BR »

damianmcr wrote:Thon prat needs shot.
Ah now, come on. Since they've obviously taken the time to attend the trial and listen to and evaluate all the evidence so far presented, they've got every right to express their interim opinion.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:
damianmcr wrote:Thon prat needs shot.
Ah now, come on. Since they've obviously taken the time to attend the trial and listen to and evaluate all the evidence so far presented, they've got every right to express their interim opinion.
Nah they just don't think she should have been cross examined in court, just give her part of story, case over, lock them all up.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Since they're integral to Irish rugby, the fleg wavers have been barred from attending the trial moving forward.

I wonder if say Conor Murray and Simon Zebo (just as a totally random example) were caught on camera in a threesome would there be a backlash? Or if they found out that the complainant was a card carrying member of the DUP, her granda was a Black and Tan and she is a direct descendant of Lord Cromwell himself.

Or maybe the use of an Irish fleg signifies they believe that girl from Dublin (who's name somehow got associated with current events) when she says she has never even been to Belfast.

Probably though, they're just a couple of gabshites.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

These people are so painfully dumb. They do not realise that this harms the side they are clearly gunning for. There could be enough grounds to have the whole thing collapse.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

big mervyn wrote:
BR wrote:
damianmcr wrote:What's this flags craic baggy?

Read that piece before the Kings game. Can't say I know the name but he sound's like a legend. They dont make them like that now.
I'm not a spelling pedant, Damian, but the word is 'crack'.
>appl Well done BR. I'd almost given up fighting that corner but you've given me the courage to continue the campaign.

It's not just Damo either btw. That word is widely used 'round here and youse should all know better.
Surely craic is the Irish word for fun/merryment?
or is it fuax Oirish?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Snipe Watson wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
BR wrote:

Read that piece before the Kings game. Can't say I know the name but he sound's like a legend. They dont make them like that now.
>appl Well done BR. I'd almost given up fighting that corner but you've given me the courage to continue the campaign.

It's not just Damo either btw. That word is widely used 'round here and youse should all know better.
Surely craic is the Irish word for fun/merryment?
or is it fuax Oirish?
Now your just trying to wind me up!
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

The CRACK is Charles played well in his first season as he was putting himself in the shop window for that Big Money contract . He's all about the money and I don't have a problem with that. He came from a p1ss poor background and is gonna use his talents to secure his families financial future.
Since his new contract was earned, he's been an uninterested spectator. I honestly believe we'd have been better if without him this season.
I enjoyed watching his last season, but this season he's bluffed his way.
He won't be missed. He's no Ruan. He's not an Ulster Legend and won't live long in the memory.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
BR wrote:

Lads, LOOK.............. you two may have grizzled ould bakes on ye that would crack a mirror and youse might even be the sort to get up on a cracked plate, but Damo and I will continue to enjoy the craic until the DUP ban it and even then we'll start an underground craic movement.

G'wan, as long as there is paddywhackery in this world, craic lives and is there for all to enjoy.

#youcan'tsmokecraic
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Frig sake guys lighten up... Our mexican brother eas supporting Iris Robinson....

Well played i say.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

For the umpteenth time, the word is "crack". It is not an Irish word...it's an English word dating back to the Middle Ages. It means "news" - eg one guy rides from his village into the nearest town and when he returns, his neighbours ask him to tell them the crack. I am given to understand the reason it passed into Irish as "craic" was that there is no "k" in the Irish alphabet. Maybe an Irish speaker around here could either confirm or rubbish the lack of an Irish "k". Sorry, but my school didn't teach Irish, so I took Latin as my dead language. (Only joking. Don't take offence anybody)
Alas, as the OED tries to become more populist and now accepts words that are wrong or don't exist if the current crop of uneducated dimwits who have been failed by teachers who themselves were never taught their own language, I believe "craic" has entered the dictionary as "a word from Irish". Bloody maddening.
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

No craic with thon non representative fleg

Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Russ wrote:No craic with thon non representative fleg

Indeed. Their point would have been much better made had they scrawled over an IRFU fleg.

Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Deraless wrote:
Russ wrote:No craic with thon non representative fleg

Indeed. Their point would have been much better made had they scrawled over an IRFU fleg.

Sure Best isn't their captain

Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

O Captain! My Captain! our fearful trip is done;
The ship has weather'd every rack, the prize we sought is won;
The port is near, the bells I hear, the people all exulting,
While follow eyes the steady keel, the vessel grim and daring:

But O heart! heart! heart!
O the bleeding drops of red,
Where on the deck my Captain lies,
Fallen cold and dead.
O Captain! My Captain! rise up and hear the bells;
Rise up—for you the flag is flung—for you the bugle trills;
For you bouquets and ribbon'd wreaths—for you the shores a-crowding;
For you they call, the swaying mass, their eager faces turning;

Here captain! dear father!
This arm beneath your head;
It is some dream that on the deck,
You've fallen cold and dead.
My Captain does not answer, his lips are pale and still;
My father does not feel my arm, he has no pulse nor will;
The ship is anchor'd safe and sound, its voyage closed and done;
From fearful trip, the victor ship, comes in with object won;

Exult, O shores, and ring, O bells!
But I, with mournful tread,
Walk the deck my captain lies,
Fallen cold and dead.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Gary wrote:For the umpteenth time, the word is "crack". It is not an Irish word...it's an English word dating back to the Middle Ages. It means "news" - eg one guy rides from his village into the nearest town and when he returns, his neighbours ask him to tell them the crack. I am given to understand the reason it passed into Irish as "craic" was that there is no "k" in the Irish alphabet. Maybe an Irish speaker around here could either confirm or rubbish the lack of an Irish "k". Sorry, but my school didn't teach Irish, so I took Latin as my dead language. (Only joking. Don't take offence anybody)
Alas, as the OED tries to become more populist and now accepts words that are wrong or don't exist if the current crop of uneducated dimwits who have been failed by teachers who themselves were never taught their own language, I believe "craic" has entered the dictionary as "a word from Irish". Bloody maddening.
FFFS Gary, do you not know that "news" is "bars", have you never been til Derry hi?

And when you say, "one guy rides from his village", do you mean like when I say, "I rode a woman from Coleraine once, sure it was better than walking".

I must regale you with a few yarns in Latin next time we meet, that was my dead language too.

I can also advise all you langers, but cannot make you understand, that language is and always has been a fluid thing, all languages, barring I suppose ones so dead that they haven't a breath left in them, change and adapt.

Now if you guys hatred of paddywhackery was broadened to all shyte words, I could join the craic and seek to expunge words & phrases such as:

- so (though it has it's uses)
- ongoing
- going forward
- blue sky thinking

and literally dozen of others, often business speak.

Craic has entered the language and will not be leaving soon. Indeed Merv's little logo is so wrong that it illustrates my point.

Arsecrack, not arsecraic, simply because an arsecrack is something we all have, Brennan-craic would be a sequence of incredibly amusing farts. Simple, that's the craic.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.