Bryn Live Blog

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Bryn Live Blog

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Meanwhile leaving the Corrs behind, gorgeous though they may be, can anyone who was at the meetings confirm or deny that barring the background noise, the edited highlights gave an accurate reflection of what they heard?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Meanwhile leaving the Corrs behind, gorgeous though they may be, can anyone who was at the meetings confirm or deny that barring the background noise, the edited highlights gave an accurate reflection of what they heard?
Yes
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cheers Snipe.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Who's the sour bake beside Bryn?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

EPCR run the Pro14?

ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Russ wrote:Who's the sour bake beside Bryn?

Fiona Hampton.

There's some waffle on this video, got sick of it after 3 mins. And all that guff about squad age profile is ageist in the extreme. Why can't Bryn convince D4 of this twaddle and therefore be able to offer NIQs over 30 more than 1 year contracts? If 30+ year old leaders is what we need then I have news for you we ain't going to make them overnight.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

ColinM wrote:

Fiona Hampton.

There's some waffle on this video, got sick of it after 3 mins. And all that guff about squad age profile is ageist in the extreme. Why can't Bryn convince D4 of this twaddle and therefore be able to offer NIQs over 30 more than 1 year contracts? If 30+ year old leaders is what we need then I have news for you we ain't going to make them overnight.
The guff is strong

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

1Yoda.jpg
1Yoda.jpg (54.58 KiB) Viewed 536 times
I also found the comments on the project odd. Yes, there may be little use for Ireland with a 24/25-year-old, but of course, that doesn't mean it is of no use to Ulster. Louis Ludik has no future as an Ireland player but thanks be that we have him. I understand that that is not the purpose of the project but if the right option comes up, then feck it, go for it, hard as it may be to convince Nucibastard. Closing the door on the option is not wise.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
1Yoda.jpg
I also found the comments on the project odd. Yes, there may be little use for Ireland with a 24/25-year-old, but of course, that doesn't mean it is of no use to Ulster. Louis Ludik has no future as an Ireland player but thanks be that we have him. I understand that that is not the purpose of the project but if the right option comes up, then feck it, go for it, hard as it may be to convince Nucibastard. Closing the door on the option is not wise.
That means we could keep the Hond as long as we wanted.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

I think the problem is that D4 will approve or deny a project based on the potential use to Ireland in 5 years; not soley on their use to Ulster now.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

ColinM wrote:

Fiona Hampton.

One way to use at least one if not more of the NIQ's is to bring in that 30 plus guy who brings leadership and everything they want.. not the glitzy glamour of a Piutea but and as Bryn says he doesn't have to be that big name but the right type of player...

Ruan is an obvious fit as was Mueller both leaders in their own way and I have no problem getting two good years out of such a player given the benefits of what he can bring to bear on younger players.. But since both have left some replacements have been poor in that regard... Interestingly to hear Bryn confirm Deysel and Hand were poor I wonder what he would have to say about Rodney (I know he is IQ but feck me a waste of a contract and does he bring anything even by way of mentoring those young props we have some hope for.. is there a law that says a young Academy prop couldn't spend some time up against an Irish International to practice against even one day a week and surely it would 1. toughen them up 2. Show them how far they still have to come or 3. inform somebody that some young whippersnapper is showing up a fully contracted player and is worthy of a crack.)

and for the record I remain confused into thinking we were sold a major review by way of keeping supporters on board only to now seemingly be told it is all part of the next 5 year strategy anyhow because the old one is finishing.. I genuinely think what we have witnessed deserved similar to Leinster bringing Henry in to provide a critical overview of the people as well as the system.

Interestingly we are looking more at a potential Head Coach pathway and are possibly now going to bin the DoR approach..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
1Yoda.jpg
Louis was particularly mentioned by Bryn as an example of how the system works well. He also said in future they will be looking for really young players with potential to bring in as projects.
Mid Ulster ROB
Novice

Post by Mid Ulster ROB »

Interestingly Bryn mentions John McCusker as one of the up and coming players, even though he seems to have fell out of contention or favour
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Mid Ulster ROB wrote:Interestingly Bryn mentions John McCusker as one of the up and coming players, even though he seems to have fell out of contention or favour
Yup can't find a game for love nor money, very bizarre.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

therealspratt wrote:
Mid Ulster ROB wrote:Interestingly Bryn mentions John McCusker as one of the up and coming players, even though he seems to have fell out of contention or favour
Yup can't find a game for love nor money, very bizarre.
Which club side does he play for ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best