Will Addison

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Will Addison

Post by Cornerfleg »

Before we can accept this newbie.... Is there a highlights reel that could tell us on a scale from 0 - 10 how he rates on the shagometer....

Dont want another Dave quality shagger in the squad.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Indeed, although not exactly well stocked.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Maybe I will be proven wrong but this guy is a replacement for Charles.....

In the same way:
Franco was a replacement for Johann
Cooney was a replacement for Ruan
Herbst was a replacement for Afoa
Dave Murphy was a replacement for Court
FNW was a replacement for Ferris/P3

It's all very well having a few Daves about the place but when you continually replace the big guns with Daves you just become a pish poor team.

I'd also like to know who signed him and what the strategy is for such signings in the absence of a coach or a squad strategy

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

And UR press gang eventually get there, looks like Peel is staying as backs coach :banghead:
http://ulsterrugby.com/news/17197#.Wr5o9yAh1aQ
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

kingofthehill wrote:
Dave wrote:With him playing in Tobyland there is no excuse for UR not having taken the time to properly scout him. He isn't some unknown like a Brett Heron or yer man Windsor. He is playing regular rugby too.

The depth chart is absolutely woeful in the squad. Players who can cover the back three don't come around that often. Serious questions remain over the future of Jared Payne. That leaves Ludik as the only decent standard of fullback. On the wing we have Stockdale, Gilroy and Rob Lyttle. Trimble has been struggling for form. Lyttle seems to break every time he plays (Gilroy isn't far behind). Stockdale will be away with Ireland quite a bit. There might be players coming through but they remain untested.

The cupboard is bare.
Trimble struggling to regain form because he doesn’t get selected and when he does it’s away from Ravenhill where ulster are expected to lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The last time Trimble played he looked up for it and there were signs of the AAT we were used to seeing, but the team were all over the place so he had little opportunity to shine. Tommy is very obviously done, but I wouldn't write Andrew off just yet.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

ColinM wrote:Maybe I will be proven wrong but this guy is a replacement for Charles.....

In the same way:
Franco was a replacement for Johann
Cooney was a replacement for Ruan
Herbst was a replacement for Afoa
Dave Murphy was a replacement for Court
FNW was a replacement for Ferris/P3

It's all very well having a few Daves about the place but when you continually replace the big guns with Daves you just become a pish poor team.

I'd also like to know who signed him and what the strategy is for such signings in the absence of a coach or a squad strategy

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk
We already have the only IQ winger better than Charlie.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Snipe Watson wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:
Dave wrote:With him playing in Tobyland there is no excuse for UR not having taken the time to properly scout him. He isn't some unknown like a Brett Heron or yer man Windsor. He is playing regular rugby too.

The depth chart is absolutely woeful in the squad. Players who can cover the back three don't come around that often. Serious questions remain over the future of Jared Payne. That leaves Ludik as the only decent standard of fullback. On the wing we have Stockdale, Gilroy and Rob Lyttle. Trimble has been struggling for form. Lyttle seems to break every time he plays (Gilroy isn't far behind). Stockdale will be away with Ireland quite a bit. There might be players coming through but they remain untested.

The cupboard is bare.
Trimble struggling to regain form because he doesn’t get selected and when he does it’s away from Ravenhill where ulster are expected to lose.

The last time Trimble played he looked up for it and there were signs of the AAT we were used to seeing, but the team were all over the place so he had little opportunity to shine. Tommy is very obviously done, but I wouldn't write Andrew off just yet.
We are not exactly well stocked though.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Dave wrote:We are not exactly well stockcubed though.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

So signings are identified by the Head Coach.. we can’t blame Kiss for this signing .. he surely hasn’t been ID’d by Jonno and nor is he a signing by the new coach... so this a Bryn signing the man who doesnt sign players..

At the same UR tell us signings are 18 months in the making... so is this a Kiss signing?
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

Rooster wrote:And UR press gang eventually get there, looks like Peel is staying as backs coach :banghead:
http://ulsterrugby.com/news/17197#.Wr5o9yAh1aQ
Christ for a while there I thought Ulster PR fecked up again and announced a decent signing during a time to bury all the shyte news - but nope, there it is.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dave wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:

The cupboard is bare.

We are not exactly well stocked though.
We're well stocked with Daves Dave, otherwise we're short handed.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

If he's a wee gem it's a Logan signing.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cockatrice wrote:So signings are identified by the Head Coach.. we can’t blame Kiss for this signing .. he surely hasn’t been ID’d by Jonno and nor is he a signing by the new coach... so this a Bryn signing the man who doesnt sign players..

At the same UR tell us signings are 18 months in the making... so is this a Kiss signing?
If he is useless Kiss if he is good either Bryn or Logan if he is still here
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

Not sure what the bellyaching is about, club captain, experienced head, Irish qualified, all good imho

And we can gardly wait for a new head coach before chasing signings
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

Dave wrote:Don't think, in theory, it is a terrible signing on the face of it. He will be a squad player obviously. We have some very injury prone players and the squad lacks experience. As long as he isn't sh1t I don't mind.

https://youtu.be/iLJQsnqCpQY
And he scored a good try 6 years ago! :cheers: :duck: