Ulster V Edinburgh

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster V Edinburgh

Post by Rooster »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote: Is there a podcast of it anywhere?
On BBC radio drive time I think was the programme starts at 5 pm Radio Ulster
:thumleft:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09xjshw

10 min 20 sec in.

Third rate tub thumper jumping on any available bandwagon to facilitate a broader agenda. Her ham-fisted attempt to conflate does more harm than good to the very important plight of domestic and sexual violence victims.
Bit that got me about them Snipe was they were still getting donations over the price of the ad which they said would go to some womans aid group in Belfast but they closed the site so no more donations could be made after they got the 2000, if they had any real interest in funding that group they would have kept it open for a few more days.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Rooster wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Rooster wrote:

10 min 20 sec in.

Third rate tub thumper jumping on any available bandwagon to facilitate a broader agenda. Her ham-fisted attempt to conflate does more harm than good to the very important plight of domestic and sexual violence victims.
Bit that got me about them Snipe was they were still getting donations over the price of the ad which they said would go to some womans aid group in Belfast but they closed the site so no more donations could be made after they got the 2000, if they had any real interest in funding that group they would have kept it open for a few more days.
Yes, speaks volumes. She doesn't have a actual pro women strategy she just makes noise. Could have harnessed the momentum to do some good.
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Hopefully Tommy O'Hagan gets off the bench at some point before the end of the season, it was one of Warwick's better performances though.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

therealspratt wrote:Hopefully Tommy O'Hagan gets off the bench at some point before the end of the season, it was one of Warwick's better performances though.
It would be very positive to see him involved.
There was no way a green prop was going to be thrown into what was turning out to be a crucial game. We're not going to catch Edinburgh, but it gives us some breathing room in the basement battle to stay ahead of Benetton.
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Snipe Watson wrote:
therealspratt wrote:Hopefully Tommy O'Hagan gets off the bench at some point before the end of the season, it was one of Warwick's better performances though.
It would be very positive to see him involved.
There was no way a green prop was going to be thrown into what was turning out to be a crucial game. We're not going to catch Edinburgh, but it gives us some breathing room in the basement battle to stay ahead of Benetton.
I'd almost hope Jono swaps things next time around and benches O'Toole with O'Hagan starting.
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Rooster wrote:

10 min 20 sec in.

Thanks Snipe, was dead set on not renewing my season ticket in protest at Logan, IRFU and the possible dismissal of messrs PJ and Olding. That melter has changed my mind, I don’t feel I can make dumdums like this feel they can gloat in any further struggles UR will face over the next few seasons. Thanks :thumleft:
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

I was confused after watching it last night. What do we do when we win?
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

The team had a good mix of experience (Hendo, Cave, Best etc) combined with the energy of youth. I don't recall a single ruck that wasn't cleared out. We can't afford any lazy passengers.

I thought McPhillips was good. Some excellent touch finders. His passing can be a little laboured at times. Nice of Deysel to turn up. Perhaps he just needs some injury luck.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Tender wrote:I was confused after watching it last night. What do we do when we win?
Drink heavily :stout: :stout: :stout: :stout: :stout: :stout: :stout: :stout: :stout: :stout: :stout: >happyparty >happyparty >happyparty >happyparty >happyparty >drink1 >drink1 >drink1 >drink1 >drink1 >burp >burp >burp >burp >burp
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
austintranslation
Novice

Post by austintranslation »

Deysel was a monster on the deck with four turnovers last night. In fact he's been quite decent at that all season as he has the most in the Ulster squad. It's just a pity that the rest of his game has been lacking. He stepped up in a ball carrying capacity last night which took a lot of pressure of Stuart McCloskey who I thought played very well. Hopefully Deysel can string a run of form together now.