Season Ticket Renewal

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Season Ticket Renewal

Post by Jackie Brown »

Ulster Rugby seem to be desperately trying to flog them even now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Jackie Brown wrote:Ulster Rugby seem to be desperately trying to flog them even now.

Hasn't been a squeak about sales numbers this year.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

big mervyn wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:Ulster Rugby seem to be desperately trying to flog them even now.

They were only about 600 behind target two weeks ago , not bad considering the ballix of the last year

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

nonplussed wrote:
big mervyn wrote:

They were only about 600 behind target two weeks ago , not bad considering the ballix of the last year

I believe they were comparing two different time scales
Finlay out

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

nonplussed wrote:
big mervyn wrote:

Depends what the target is, last year's total, or last year - 25%
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Numbers are meaningless. There could be an increased uptake in new season ticket holders masking the fact that previous season ticket holders are not renewing. The loss of free to air coverage might encourage some lazy feckers to actually attend.
It will be interesting to see if we can actually manage to sell some games out.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
10 or 15 only
Initiate

Post by 10 or 15 only »

Optimistic with that last sentence, Dave.
Have you had a look at the ticket availability for Saturday - Scarlets were the second best team in the PRO14 last season. Then again they are the Welsh.
twiglet
Initiate

Post by twiglet »

When Logan is finally replaced I may renew our season tickets.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote:Numbers are meaningless. There could be an increased uptake in new season ticket holders masking the fact that previous season ticket holders are not renewing. The loss of free to air coverage might encourage some lazy feckers to actually attend.
I would suggest that there are many armchair fans out there who don't even realise that they won't get to watch on free to air this season.

They may not notice this week, thinking Saturday was always a bit different, but I think it will come as a big surprise when they tune in to BBC2 NI the following Friday night for the Embra match and there's nought to see.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
bangorboy
Steward

Post by bangorboy »

I saw UR advertise a box which had come available for the season but seems they couldn't flog it as it was later advertised available on a match by match basis.

You've got to wonder from a sponsor perspective how you'd feel about going from 100k+ per week watching on free to air v maybe 10k + on PPV.
Nevin Spence - Forever an Ulsterman
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Dave wrote:Numbers are meaningless. There could be an increased uptake in new season ticket holders masking the fact that previous season ticket holders are not renewing. The loss of free to air coverage might encourage some lazy feckers to actually attend.
I would suggest that there are many armchair fans out there who don't even realise that they won't get to watch on free to air this season.

They may not notice this week, thinking Saturday was always a bit different, but I think it will come as a big surprise when they tune in to BBC2 NI the following Friday night for the Embra match and there's nought to see.
If only there was a way to enquire about the possibility of a game being televised....
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

bangorboy wrote:I saw UR advertise a box which had come available for the season but seems they couldn't flog it as it was later advertised available on a match by match basis.

You've got to wonder from a sponsor perspective how you'd feel about going from 100k+ per week watching on free to air v maybe 10k + on PPV.
If I'm not mistaken I think there has always been a box like that, I see Cool FM have their ad up on the old BBC box
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Logan Paul and KSI drew 800,000 concurrents on a YouTube PPV and 1million watching a single illicit stream on twitch

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

scrum5 wrote:I'm looking clarification.....I renewed both my STs, does that make me a true supporter or not? :stir:
No, just a supporter (fee-paying 1st class)
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

bangorboy wrote:You've got to wonder from a sponsor perspective how you'd feel about going from 100k+ per week watching on free to air v maybe 10k + on PPV.
I'd feel like I'd be looking to renegotiate my signage sponsorship fee down by ~90%.