PROTEST CORNER

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Liz Fraser
Squire

PROTEST CORNER

Post by Liz Fraser »

Just thought of the best way to answer the eejits at the match and I think by the skidders on flegs boxers, I have the answer.
If you can film or photo the poor souls we can display your works on here in the manner of Tony Harts gallery.
Except with overly miffed feminist types.

I want to see the angriest of faces preferably with spittal and there's an award for the most ridiculous placard spotted as well as the best caption.
Prizes include the complete works of Anna Nolan, the entire page of Nulla McKeever's comedy anecdotes and several pairs of crotchless 'Believe Her' tricolour knickers to be won.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Re: PROTEST CORNER

Post by Deraless »

I can, hand on heart, say that I have never so much as chuckled at a word that has exited McKeever's gub.

I'm all for campaigns about gender equality. Maybe they could knock up a few placards about this while they're at it.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theg ... ns-bristol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Deraless wrote:I can, hand on heart, say that I have never so much as chuckled at a word that has exited McKeever's gub.

I'm all for campaigns about gender equality. Maybe they could knock up a few placards about this while they're at it.

Suicide is interesting. Men are indeed, about 3 times more likely to die from suicide and paradoxically, weemin are about 3 times more likely to attempt it.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

big mervyn wrote:
Deraless wrote:I can, hand on heart, say that I have never so much as chuckled at a word that has exited McKeever's gub.

Suicide is interesting. Men are indeed, about 3 times more likely to die from suicide and paradoxically, weemin are about 3 times more likely to attempt it.
That would depend on the definition of attempt.

Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Ignore them and they will go away.
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

damianmcr wrote:Ignore them and they will go away.
But there's no fun in that damo.
Can I just point out that when I talked about sending in pictures of "the eejits at the match" I was talking about the protesters and not anyone connected with Ulster Rugby
Also unfortunately none of your pictures can be returned.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Liz Fraser wrote:Just thought of the best way to answer the eejits at the match and I think by the skidders on flegs boxers, I have the answer.
If you can film or photo the poor souls we can display your works on here in the manner of Tony Harts gallery.

I want to see the angriest of faces preferably with spittal and there's an award for the most ridiculous placard spotted as well as the best caption.
Prizes include the complete works of Anna Nolan, the entire page of Nulla McKeever's comedy anecdotes and several pairs of crotchless 'Believe Her' tricolour knickers to be won.
I look forward to see how many photos you actually post yourself
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
LadyP
Novice

Post by LadyP »

These Feminist groups do they ever protest about any male issues
"This doesn't look good Parker"
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

LadyP wrote:These Feminist groups do they ever protest about any male issues
That's toxic masculinity

Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

scrum5 wrote:
Liz Fraser wrote:Just thought of the best way to answer the eejits at the match and I think by the skidders on flegs boxers, I have the answer.

I look forward to see how many photos you actually post yourself
Happiness is always found from within and in the present moment making peace with the past and looking forward to the future.
LadyP
Novice

Post by LadyP »

Russ wrote:
That's toxic masculinity

So it not about equality then
"This doesn't look good Parker"
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

We have to remember that the leaders of this group are professional protesters and a way ahead of the game, UR have failed here, listen to their demands, they have said, they do not want the players sacked, they want accountability they want a change in what they perceive as misogyny In the sport, due to the whatsapp messages. (They dont care about threesomes or they would have been protesting before against Zeb and Murray.)

UR and their amateur leadership have failed, they should have been on to this group, told them they agree and that they want to help and to understand, invite them in, ask them to put forward representatives to help them advise , tell them that they agree with most of what the want, exploit it , put it out there in the social media world that they live in, employ a proper real McCoy PR man not Finlay, , start selling what good we do for women in sport, invite them to the ladies finals , have a focus group with some of the female members of UR .

These people are serial protesters , but their weak link is dialogue, start that and you take away the majority who follow them, the sheeple, These are social media followers , take them away from the fight, leave only the hard core protesters and that will be them exposed.

UR you can contact me, you know where I am, but it’s too late
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Tommy Robinson spotted in Luton boarding a flight to Belfast?

Man loves free speech

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

In my experience they protest about a great number of male issues. However they often don't recognise them as issues that impact the male population and prefer to keep things as a them v us picture.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Kofi Annan wrote:We have to remember that the leaders of this group are professional protesters and a way ahead of the game, UR have failed here, listen to their demands, they have said, they do not want the players sacked, they want accountability they want a change in what they perceive as misogyny In the sport, due to the whatsapp messages. (They dont care about threesomes or they would have been protesting before against Zeb and Murray.)

UR and their amateur leadership have failed, they should have been on to this group, told them they agree and that they want to help and to understand, invite them in, ask them to put forward representatives to help them advise , tell them that they agree with most of what the want, exploit it , put it out there in the social media world that they live in, employ a proper real McCoy PR man not Finlay, , start selling what good we do for women in sport, invite them to the ladies finals , have a focus group with some of the female members of UR .

These people are serial protesters , but their weak link is dialogue, start that and you take away the majority who follow them, the sheeple, These are social media followers , take them away from the fight, leave only the hard core protesters and that will be them exposed.

UR you can contact me, you know where I am, but it’s too late

Kofi - you are absolutely spot on with this. They have said they don’t want the players sacked therefore why would UR not at least engage with them and see what actions they actually want, plus take the opportunity to tell them what they are doing.

I would imagine a fair bit of what they want would be a small price to pay for retaining the services of these guys and would also make the whole squad more aware of some of the issues raised.

If UR delivers on this it gets them on board and helps placate other groups and sponsors, leaving a few diehards who will get limited media oxygen.

The fact that UR’s defence so far seems as passive as we have seen on the pitch in the past couple of years says to me that there is only one outcome.