Boycott the Glasgow game

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Re: Boycott the Glasgow game

Post by Wee Woman »

I agree, the only way to make your point is not to go. I’m not going and I’m not renewing my season tickets.

I can still support the team without paying another penny towards the circus up there.

If you keep doing the same thing, nothing will change!!

If that’s true about the Ulster Committee votes, I’m even more raging - who were the 2 Ulster reps who were on the panel with the IRFU??

Logan had to be 1 of them .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roidster
Novice

Post by Roidster »

Ulster rugby has been a huge part of my life. My dad took me to the inter-pros in the 80s. I live in England now and watching the game on tv is a chance for me to reconnect with my team, my country and my childhood. I've gone to most of Ulster's away games in england and wales over the last few years.
I'm disgusted at the way this has been handled. There was a real chance for rehabilitation and learning to take place.
I think the only thing that will speak volumes is an empty stadium. I'll watch the first few minutes on tv to see what happens but I'll switch off after that. I'm sorry to say that I'm so disappointed in Ulster rugby that I just can't be arsed with it all anymore. Will need to find a team in England to follow. Sad times. Good luck with the protest.

Keep that stadium empty.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Can’t go, ticket went on the fire on Friday night.

I think the option open to us is to simply not go.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Only option I should have said
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

Roidster, scarily I could have written your post about me. I’ll not be chasing them round the mainland much next season and I certainly won’t be paying that PremierTVSportballixwhatever either to watch.
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

I believe that there is a Club or Branch Comittee meeting this Tuesday, any member of a club should be asking for their rep to put forward a vote of no confidence in CEO
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Don't go

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Think a boycott is the simplest and clearest message we can send to IRFU. They have destroyed their cash cow, a club with not far off a free stadium and from Logan to Kiss to Ruan to the boys they have destroyed it. Shame on them.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

useless mess wrote:It has to be a boycott. All this talk of dance in backwards or put sequins over the BoI logo or whatever is nonsense.

Those lads didn't grow up wanting to be employed by Ulster Rugby Inc. They grew up wanting to play for Ulster, a team that represented a community and was more than a brand. The enduring love we've all had for the team is surely rooted in the fact that the game is more than just a product to us.

People have made the calculation that our love of the game and desire to support the remaining players will drive us through those gates no matter what they do.

When the money men came Ruan told them no, because of loyalty. A loyalty which was never repaid, a loyalty which I doubt the financial decision makers even understand.

Now two fellas who've trained their whole lives to represent their province get exiled over unsavoury private texts.

In my opinion anyone returning to that ground is a collaborator.
100% agree
The red hand means a lot more than Ulstet Rugby Inc and a hell of a lot more than D4 understand

They've torn this community apart and this has been facilitated by Logan Browne et al

I will continue to support grass roots Ulster Rugby but for now my love of the professional team is dead

Is wish the players all the best. Some of them don't deserve us fans walking away but ot has to be done

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Indeed, they seem determined to turn us into a financial basket case like Munster. Thank god we don't have anyone on the books who has sent a dodgy private message. I've written worse than what they did, so don't think I'm welcome.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Gerald the Mole wrote:I believe that there is a Club or Branch Comittee meeting this Tuesday, any member of a club should be asking for their rep to put forward a vote of no confidence in CEO

The current petition should call for a vote on confidence amongst supporters and it should reach beyond the South Belfast II issue because this man is just a problem..

I hope that some rep or better still some club asks its rep to put forward what is the view of that club.. Build the pressure he must go.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
prawnsarnies
Novice

Post by prawnsarnies »

The audacity of anyone else who proclaims never to have written a private sexist/racist/sectarian/ageist/objectifying comment in jest is what really sticks in my throat. The red mist has descended in the office so many times in recent weeks when trying to talk sense on the subject. And the look you get when you admit to saying that you of course have done it in the past....
Had my first go at the nameless, unidentifiable righteous on Twitter for the first time yesterday, couldn't hold it in any longer, only to be of course tarred with the misogynist moniker.

We're all fecked.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
"You have to find to find your own solace - your own drive, your own ambition, your own inner strength; for the greatest game of your f**king life." Jim Telfer, 1st Test, Lions Tour 1997
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Not going, hope the stands and terraces are empty.

If you are going, please do not take your seat until the 10th minute.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

UlsterNo9 wrote:Not going, hope the stands and terraces are empty.

And do not spend money in the venue

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:Not going, hope the stands and terraces are empty.

And do not spend money in the venue

Don't flush either
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?