Boycott the Glasgow game

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Re: Boycott the Glasgow game

Post by Cockatrice »

justinr73 wrote:
twiglet wrote:It has to be a boycott.
That'd be great if nobody turned up but it ain't going to happen.

A 1000 less on the gate won't be noticed and, even if it is, it looks more like apathy than anything else.

A full house chanting "We want Logan out" for 80 minutes would be much better, plus a pile of unwanted Ireland shirts outside the office door.

of the 450 turning up we get 6 to hold a big fecking banner telling him to feck off... DONT go
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

justinr73 wrote:

A 1000 less on the gate won't be noticed and, even if it is, it looks more like apathy than anything else.

A full house chanting "We want Logan out" for 80 minutes would be much better, plus a pile of unwanted Ireland shirts outside the office door.
Actually me ould Lionel, I must congratulate you on your perspicacity.

The best message that can be sent is through LOGAN OUT. Getting Logan out is the very best result that the players will get. And yes pile up your Ireland shirts, I will also be writing suitable messages on my last 2 remaining Ulster shirts and they won't be coming home with me nor to Spain in 2 weeks.

I sincerely hope that enough numbers will chant LOGAN OUT.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cockatrice wrote:
justinr73 wrote:

of the 450 turning up we get 6 to hold a big fecking banner telling him to feck off... DONT go
You are dreaming Cockers, there is no way that what you advocate will happen.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Shirts handed in will be symbolic but get no media coverage which means as far as Logan cares, the IRFU and sponsors never need to know about it. It will just be one or two people voicing their opinions in the eyes of Logan.

I recognise that there will not be a mass boycott, but a significantly lower attendance is possible and more likely to make its way to the media and sponsors etc,
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

In order to write an effective message on a bedsheet, what do you use?

Asking for a friend.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
justinr73 wrote:

The best message that can be sent is through LOGAN OUT. Getting Logan out is the very best result that the players will get. And yes pile up your Ireland shirts, I will also be writing suitable messages on my last 2 remaining Ulster shirts and they won't be coming home with me nor to Spain in 2 weeks.

as the man himself says... His role in not in question.... and on whether his position is untenable NO... the fans want him out and the players want him out.. but the youngest ever commissioned officer in the British Army will not go without a fight... He makes Paddy Mayne look like a lamb.. now there was a real soldier.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Bart S wrote:Shirts handed in will be symbolic but get no media coverage which means as far as Logan cares, the IRFU and sponsors never need to know about it. It will just be one or two people voicing their opinions in the eyes of Logan.

I recognise that there will not be a mass boycott, but a significantly lower attendance is possible and more likely to make its way to the media and sponsors etc,
Anything and everything is getting media coverage.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
justinr73 wrote:

Saying they shrunk in the wardrobe won't get us anywhere.

I'd have come to support the team, shout Logan out and say adios but I booked a trip to Menton months ago.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:
justinr73 wrote:

You are dreaming Cockers, there is no way that what you advocate will happen.
baggy.. my Martin Luther King moment 'I have a dream' but yes it will never happen and I am sorry to say that will then only cement this idiot's place for much longer.. I am advised that they have already assessed the 'longer' picture and have concluded if they get 12,000 or more then they will have ridden the storm out. I also understand that tickets are going out to go out to many of the 20,000 on free school milk to ensure the space is filled... so yes I do see a point in filling the space with a voice against the man who is above us all...
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Boycott the match.

I'm not crossing the threshold again, i've had it. We are the gimps in the basement, the FIRFU are Zed, that's just the way it is. Those of you going to the match (Baggy excused) get yer gimp balls in.

Logan, you sorry sack just GO.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Friend of mine works for an accountancy firm, they're trying to give them away free in batches of 4!
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

justinr73 wrote:A full house chanting "We want Logan out" for 80 minutes would be much better, plus a pile of unwanted Ireland shirts outside the office door.
problem is that isn’t happening either...

I certainly hope that whoever does go (and I am expecting a significantly lower crowd - the crowd for the Ospreys was already well down) brings wall to wall flags - Logan Out, support for paddy and stu, whatever..
..one more thing
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

stickinout wrote:Boycott the match.

I'm not crossing the threshold again, i've had it. We are the gimps in the basement, the FIRFU are Zed, that's just the way it is. Those of you going to the match (Baggy excused) get yer gimp balls in.

Logan, you sorry sack just GO.
I have a gimp mask and it is for the bedroom only.... I haven't yet tried a ball gag now I have that out of the way spending that money on an advert this week calling on fans not to go might have worked better.
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

caledoniancelt wrote:I will not be going as I will not give IRFU any revenue ever again. Is it true that Ulster committee voted 10-2 in favour of the two guys staying but IRFU had final say?

Yesterday afternoon I threw a bin bag full of my entire collection of Ulster shirts, t shirts, beanie,
warm/waterproof Ulster gear and a UR rucksack over the gate at Mount Merrion end. If there was an Eventsec operative sleeping in his chair on the other side I hope it didn't land on his head and break his neck.

I will decide over the summer if I will ever return to Ravenhill but I'm so angry at the treatment of Jackson and Olding and BOI's double standards when 2 other elite players whom we cannot name publicly did something si ilar and one ofthem is now a brand ambassador.

Outstanding, i tip my hat CC. :cheers:

LOGAN OUT
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Jackie Brown wrote:Friend of mine works for an accountancy firm, they're trying to give them away free in batches of 4!
they are firing tickets out to anyone that will take them...