Ulster V Ospreys SDC Qualification

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster V Ospreys SDC Qualification

Post by Russ »

ladyboy696969 wrote:Well done Ulster.
Very important for all the IRFU family that we have 3 teams in next years Euro Cup.
I bet yer glad this season is finally over. Holy sh@t!
Next year just cannot be any worse, the only way is up. :mexican:
It would be worse if leinster make us develop wee joey

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

I am not a real fan, I did not go to watch that crap game, instead I drank wine in the sun with friends.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

horslips wrote:In my view there was one very significant moment after the game. The entire squad including those retirees/leavers not playing gathered round in a circle and being spoken to by Rory. That Rory would do this is only to be expected from a player of his stature and class. But nevertheless I was struck by the very public on pitch address to the players and in my view that was a very deliberate act. Maybe I am being deluded but that moment seemed to be a clear and public sign that this is again a united team. Can anyone tell me where I have misread the situation?
I received exactly the same impression. It was a statement if intent.
As someone who has been critical that Rory isn't outspoken enough as a captain, I must say that he has been absolutely legendary these last few months.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Rory bleeds Ulster. But as i said to a good supporter. Until Ulster cut out the real tumour in the side/staff/gin soaked suits. Rory's actions despite honourable and gets fans full support .... Is nothing but window dressing.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Brian Dunn 382
Novice

Post by Brian Dunn 382 »

I went to the game - partly to help me decide whether I should renew my season tickets. There were hordes of people who knew nothing about rugby and were not regulars. Those beside me went off to a corporate bar at half time and didn’t return. The group behind us were really annoying - some prize quotes - “He has just scored a try, that’s 5 points” and “Typical end of season game with nothing to play for”. I think most of the freebie ticket people were on the promenade and main stand, presumably to look better on tv. It is difficult to show disapproval of the corporate activities of UR while trying to continue supporting the team.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

The turning point of the season was the trial verdict. Not world beating, but a definite step up in intensity since then. A together squad and word spreading that there are more departures than officially announced to date, esp 2 props.

Have also struggled about attending but the players want us to keep coming. Despite the extra million squid next year there was a definite glimpse into the future under Logan with the poor attendance.

Given the IRFU allegedly told PJ and SO they could stay and bench surf all year, I would absolutely love it Kevin Keegan style if Joey came and we benched him. If it's Keatley that wouldn't even raise an eyebrow.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Was Logan at the game, did anyone see him
Bring Humph On!!
Squire

Post by Bring Humph On!! »

Dave wrote:
Dublin4 wrote:That was a good win today for Ulster after a somewhat difficult season.
I was a bit surprised that not many fans turned up for such an important match.
And there I was thinking that Leinster fans were fickle!
Anyway, with a new coach and new players, the only way from here is up.
It's a boycott you retard
But why a boycott today & not the Glasgow or previous Ospreys game?

>you_rock
"But going forward, at Ulster Rugby, one thing will never change. As long as this great club exists, the person and the player, Nevin Spence, will never be forgotten."

IF!!! ..... I CAN DO NOTHING WITH IF!!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Bring Humph On!! wrote:
Dave wrote:
Dublin4 wrote:That was a good win today for Ulster after a somewhat difficult season.

>you_rock
Many realised that attending like lemmings will not bring about change.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Gary wrote:I went. Crap crowd, but yes the atmosphere was surprisingly good. Ospreys were not great but we had basically a team of daves and youngsters. And the kids were excellent and, dammit, even the daves did their bit. Our scrum was good and by the end of the game the Hairsprays pack had given up. I would have given O'Toole the m.o.m. 19 year old prop thrown in at the last minute and played the whole match . Never gave an inch. Gilroy's afterburners were working well. Half-backs outplayed their opponents. And for those who are sorry we're in the SDC rather than the Parker Pen, there are a million reasons why it's important we made it.

Understand our steamed CEO will not see the month out. I hope that really is the case.
The only thing of interest now in this shyte awful season is will Slogan last out tomorrow never mind the month. Time to pack up yer ould kitbag and get out ti fu'ck Terry, and don't let the door smack your useless ass on the way out.

Yes, Gary, young O'Toole did some job, much better scrummaging today too, he could be the business given more experience and exposure to decent props & coaches. Hats off to McPhillips too, the boy has done incredibly well since thrown in at the deep end, thank Christ the Beaver never appeared or the lad would have been given no experience, let's hope he stays, like O'Toole he has things to improve on but he has done well.

Yes, today the Daves and Nippers came back from a bad start and got the job more than done. In truth, Ulster beat a team that looked to be carrying more firepower up front, but a team who for whatever reason have struggled all year, who finished with 20 points less than Ulster, so in the words of our favourite Langer, a team we should have beaten.

And BBC in their last bit of coverage managed to ask the departing traitor .............. oh sorry, I mean Head Coach, the question we all wanted to be answered but of course, it still hasn't been. My money is on him going to France and I still don't give too much of a >fiddle feck, though I may well inscribe his name in my Big Register of Cu'nts.

As for BBC, I shall miss Gusher, I've always found him to be a very good guy >appl and a supporter to the core.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Deraless wrote:Given the IRFU allegedly told PJ and SO they could stay and bench surf all year, I would absolutely love it Kevin Keegan style if Joey came and we benched him.
I would love it too but where did the bit about the lads staying bench surfing come from??

Are you saying that the IRFU were going to let the lads stay??
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Wee Woman wrote:
Deraless wrote:Given the IRFU allegedly told PJ and SO they could stay and bench surf all year, I would absolutely love it Kevin Keegan style if Joey came and we benched him.
I would love it too but where did the bit about the lads staying bench surfing come from??

Are you saying that the IRFU were going to let the lads stay??
Well I suppose as the boys were not dismissed they were given two options, collect next year's salary upfront and walk, or collect it in monthly installments and not be selected to play

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Bring Humph On!! wrote:
Dave wrote:

>you_rock
Presumably the fact that the tickets weren’t already paid for.

Think this game cost me a good few hundred quid and I had to watch it on television in the end.

Can’t understand the surprise about some of the people at the game being clueless. Same at footy, cricket, the theatre or whatever.

Good effort to get that last spot.

Fingers crossed that Logan is now sent packing and then it’s onwards and upwards
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Gerald the Mole wrote:Was Logan at the game, did anyone see him
I was looking put for him and he wasn't in any of his usual haunts. Certainly not beside the TV camera where he usually watches from unless he has fully perfected the invisible man super power.

If he was there he kept a very low profile. Suppose if this match was "owned" by the pro 14 and nor Ulster, he didn't have to show up to play host to his opposite number. :duck:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:Was Logan at the game, did anyone see him
I was looking put for him and he wasn't in any of his usual haunts. Certainly not beside the TV camera where he usually watches from unless he has fully perfected the invisible man super power.

If he was there he kept a very low profile. Suppose if this match was "owned" by the pro 14 and nor Ulster, he didn't have to show up to play host to his opposite number. :duck:
He never plays host and the other CEOs hate him with a passion
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”